OK... I have a PP SE that I think is the best thing since pockets on a shirt and I want to get another PP for a backup - yes, I've heard that BlackBerry is dying, blah, blah - but I don't game or have a lot of apps that clutter up my phone. I have less than 10 apps that I use on a regular basis and they work great on my PP. So I think I can get a few years out of a BlackBerry device, i.e. a PP, with very little inconvenience.
    I've been checking around for another PP SE but don't want to spend over $300. I have seen the original black PP for as little as $200. I was wondering if any hardware on the original PP can be used on the SE if my device breaks or needs repair? Or should I just think about using the OG (if I get one) as a backup device if my SE bites the dust? I know a lot you people really like the OG but I might be spoiled with the SE. So far my SE is working as smooth as butter on a bald monkey and I want to stay with it.

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    07-23-16 01:12 PM
    OK... I have a PP SE that I think is the best thing since pockets on a shirt and I want to get another PP for a backup - yes, I've heard that BlackBerry is dying, blah, blah - but I don't game or have a lot of apps that clutter up my phone. I have less than 10 apps that I use on a regular basis and they work great on my PP. So I think I can get a few years out of a BlackBerry device, i.e. a PP, with very little inconvenience.
    I've been checking around for another PP SE but don't want to spend over $300. I have seen the original black PP for as little as $200. I was wondering if any hardware on the original PP can be used on the SE if my device breaks or needs repair? Or should I just think about using the OG (if I get one) as a backup device if my SE bites the dust? I know a lot you people really like the OG but I might be spoiled with the SE. So far my SE is working as smooth as butter on a bald monkey and I want to stay with it.

Posted via CB10
    Some parts can be interchanged most cannot. Use your phone until it dies, then if OS 10 is still around hunt down another SE. Their are plenty of online stores that sell parts direct for the Passport.
    07-23-16 02:32 PM