So I know screen lift is on common issue on these threads, what about screen squish? Just wanted to get a sense of if this is normal. Basically on my Passport, about midscreen at the lateral edges bilaterally, I can slightly compress the screen into the frame by about a fraction of a millimetre, and then it goes back. It's not significant by any means, just something I noticed today. It's almost like just pinching this part of the glass with your thumb and first finger, and you'll see what I mean. Is this normal? I have no screen lift at all.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 08:02 AM
    I don't know how hard you're pressing you're screen.

I just tried & noticed nothing, but I'm scared to press it too hard since I've broken it & just too scared, LOL.

No issues on mine & I think I put fair pressure though,

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    10-12-15 09:06 AM
    It just compresses in ever so slightly when pinched, but otherwise that's it. I hope that's normal.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 09:12 AM
    It's not normal. Probably beginning signs of the "screen lift issue" the screen is not supposed to move at all. Threads like this make me think twice of buying a Passport. Good luck, hope the issue will be fixed hassle free.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 10:24 AM
    Ah nuts
    10-12-15 10:30 AM
    Why did BlackBerry use glue to secure the screen on such a wide phone? Wouldn't it of been better with screws and glue? I have read all the threads and watched you tube videos of the screen lifting issue. I was going to buy the passport from shop BlackBerry, but the chances of a defective passport are high. I couldn't deal with the returning the phone. Would probably sell it "as is" on the local classifieds. Or less hassle, throw it in the trash.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 10:38 AM
    Why did BlackBerry use glue to secure the screen on such a wide phone? Wouldn't it of been better with screws and glue? I have read all the threads and watched you tube videos of the screen lifting issue. I was going to buy the passport from shop BlackBerry, but the chances of a defective passport are high. I couldn't deal with the returning the phone. Would probably sell it "as is" on the local classifieds. Or less hassle, throw it in the trash.

Posted via CB10
    Which phone are you using now then? I've reverted back to my Classic (which really I had no reason to replace it to begin with!).

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 11:14 AM
    Which phone are you using now then? I've reverted back to my Classic (which really I had no reason to replace it to begin with!).

Posted via CB10
    I am using a Q10. I have owned 3 other BlackBerry 10 phones, Z10,Z30 and leap. I really want to try the passport, but the screen lift thread makes me not order it. If I bought the passport and the screen lifts, BlackBerry will send me a refurbished unit back. I know how the game goes.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 11:20 AM
    I am using a Q10. I have owned 3 other BlackBerry 10 phones, Z10,Z30 and leap. I really want to try the passport, but the screen lift thread makes me not order it. If I bought the passport and the screen lifts, BlackBerry will send me a refurbished unit back. I know how the game goes.

Posted via CB10
    No they send brand new units if you contact BlackBerry directly.
    You should be worried but it's not the end of the world. A dab of super glue can fix it or BlackBerry will send you a replacement.
    10-12-15 11:33 AM
    No they send brand new units if you contact BlackBerry directly.
    You should be worried but it's not the end of the world. A dab of super glue can fix it or BlackBerry will send you a replacement.
    Thanks, will keep that in mind. Wondering if it's a reoccurring thing with the passport. I am not worried about the phone, just returning the phone is a real big hassle.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 12:08 PM
    Let this be a lesson to all you who buy a brand spanking new Passport. Make sure to test and inspect the screen carefully! Squish it too! Make sure it doesn't "bounce"!

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 12:21 PM
    Ha... my favorite term is evoked... bounce, as in "dead cat bounce"...weeee !

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 01:13 PM
    What I find really strange still is that the glass looks pretty flush with the rest of the frame, yet it still squishes in a little bit... if you have a Passport, could you try the squish test?

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 12:31 PM
    I'm astounded by all these reports of defective Passport assembly. Why didn't BlackBerry do this or why didn't BlackBerry do that. I'm confused. Am I the only person that's bought a passport, in a sealed box, from a large department store in Cape Town, that's had no issues whatsoever. It's a superb product. I haven't looked for any defects and haven't found any. I carry it in my pocket without a screen protector or case. I've had no issues.

ⓟⓐⓢⓢⓟⓞⓡⓣ
    10-13-15 12:46 PM
    I'm astounded by all these reports of defective Passport assembly. Why didn't BlackBerry do this or why didn't BlackBerry do that. I'm confused. Am I the only person that's bought a passport, in a sealed box, from a large department store in Cape Town, that's had no issues whatsoever. It's a superb product. I haven't looked for any defects and haven't found any. I carry it in my pocket without a screen protector or case. I've had no issues.

ⓟⓐⓢⓢⓟⓞⓡⓣ
    Just because you don't have a defective passport doesn't mean that the problem doesn't exist. Look at the screen lifting threads or youtube videos. You think people make up this stuff? They even include pictures and video of the screen unglued.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 12:55 PM
    What I find really strange still is that the glass looks pretty flush with the rest of the frame, yet it still squishes in a little bit... if you have a Passport, could you try the squish test?

Posted via CB10
    Mine squishes and returns to original, has since it was new. It's hard to see unless you have a slightly misaligned screen, which I do.

I have no lift. Got my phone March 27. Been squishing ever since.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 01:49 PM
    Mine squishes and returns to original, has since it was new. It's hard to see unless you have a slightly misaligned screen, which I do.

Posted via CB10
    Well that's reassuring then. So maybe the screen squish I have is normal, or at the very least, nothing to really be too concerned about?

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 01:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    That would be an awesome signature by the way lol

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 01:59 PM
    Well that's reassuring then. So maybe the screen squish I have is normal, or at the very least, nothing to really be too concerned about?

Posted via CB10
    I, like you was concerned about it because of all the talk of lift, so I've been watching it like a hawk. It hasn't lifted any extra and there's no light bleed.

Just watch it for signs of lift starting. So far so good for me.

I think if my screen didn't have a slight gap on one side I might not have noticed it can be compressed. The gap makes it look flush on one side and high on the other, but if I run my fingernail along the top edge, it's actually sitting quite even.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 02:03 PM
    That would be an awesome signature by the way lol

Posted via CB10
    LOL.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 02:03 PM
    Yup a soft push makes it squeeze over here. I clearly see how it bends in BUT i didn't know until i read the so it's not a issue for me.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 02:04 PM
    Yup a soft push makes it squeeze over here. I clearly see how it bends in BUT i didn't know until i read the so it's not a issue for me.

Posted via CB10
    I imagine this might be the case for a number of Passport owners here. I'm interested to see if anyone else is experiencing the same thing...

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 06:30 PM
    Mine squished, then bounces back. I'm not worried.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 07:44 PM
    No, it is definitely not normal... unless BlackBerry designed our Passport to have that 'squishy screen' thing, then others who doesn't have 'squish screen' should complain why their screen is not squishy?

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 08:13 PM
    No, it is definitely not normal... unless BlackBerry designed our Passport to have that 'squishy screen' thing, then others who doesn't have 'squish screen' should complain why their screen is not squishy?

Posted via CB10
    To squish or not to squish, that is the question!

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 08:45 PM
30 12