All these smarta$$ comments about the corkscrewing thing are erking me.

Look, the Passport is an odd shape to get used to handling.

I have also found my top right hand corner lifting, however once I looked from the bottom of the phone along the surface of the glass toward the top, I noticed a torsional twist between the left and right side.

Glancing at the bottom of the phone where the speakers are, I could see a definite twist, confirmed by looking at the top of the phone where the power button is downward.

I attributed this to simple handling, getting in and out of my truck with the phone in my hand, transporting it in my laptop backback with about ten lbs of files plus the laptop, setting it in the back of my truck to the phone either took some of the weight or the force of the backpack fabric pocket stretching under load over it, etc etc.

So to fix it I grabbed the top right and bottom left of the phone and twisted it back into shape and now the top right corner is behaving.

Checking trueness for zero torsional twisting is a daily thing for me now cuz I'm a clutz. I tend to break everything I own sooner or later.

If you look at blow up promo pictures showing the wonderful i-beam steel sides, have a look at how flimsy the top and bottom frame members are in relation to the sides and you can see why this happens.

For me, it's just been a learning curve on how to carry and care for the phone when on the move.

One more thing... I dropped it yesterday in the kitchen from standing height onto linoleum floor ( wood sub floor) . I had the OEM hard shell case on it.

It bounced on one corner then clattered to rest. I picked it up, not a scratch.

HOWEVER! The phone was torsionally bent again the OTHER way so I had to bend it back again using two hands.

Posted via CB10
    John Vieira and gvs1341 like this.
    01-03-15 01:33 AM
    Well I ordered a red one from amazon and I am hoping it's a later build with the tighter tolerances. I still can't believe the support, and lack there of, compared to apple, micosoft, htc, or even sony it's pretty weak to not have an easily accessible number to call.

Long live amazon, at least they get it, and fingers crossed on this red one

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 08:53 AM
    Thanks for checking that. I think that may be the same number I found.

But it isn't the 30-day policy that I am looking for. It's been about 2 months. I'm looking for warranty repair.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 12:09 PM
    Call that number anyways, they can probably direct you better

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    01-03-15 12:12 PM
    Just called Digital River(ShopBB), and the girl told me there was only one way to get this fixed, which was to return the phone within the thirty day period(Thank goodness I'm still in that timeframe) and order a new one. I'm sure other things such as a warranty repair is available, but I didn't pry too much.

Goodluck to those of you like me with this issue and hopefully there can be a resolution for you guys!
    01-10-15 08:51 PM
    screen lifted, my phone was originally shipped out on nov 11th from shopblackberry.

put in the rma through shopblackberry, got an email saying they will contact me about repair.

this sucks.
    01-12-15 03:13 PM
    Sorry to hear that. Not overly surprised. Any torsional strain/bend on your phone? What side separated?

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 05:05 PM
    Was dust accumulating on side of the display for some time before it started to lift? What was the build date on the side of the box?
    01-12-15 10:13 PM
    Sorry to hear that. Not overly surprised. Any torsional strain/bend on your phone? What side separated?

Posted via CB10
    Has the torsional twist been addressed with recent builds? I really miss my red passport. :-(

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 10:53 PM
    No. Maybe on the AT&T version because of the different design.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 02:05 AM
    no twist whatsoever. I didn't really notice dust buildup, even now there's not much dust build up.

it's the bottom right hand corner that is lifting. don't see build date but like I said, shipped out on nov 11th.

disappointing because my phone is otherwise mint and I love using it. i don't use any case either.
    01-13-15 10:01 AM
    The build date is on the label on the side of the box.
    01-13-15 10:47 AM
    On the same line as PRD? oct 31, 2014.
    01-13-15 03:28 PM
    I have the same problem, Passport from Expansys (from November 2014)
    01-14-15 05:37 AM
    It's been suggested that earlier than November builds may be more susceptible.
    01-14-15 09:14 AM
    Dejanh, I just noticed that the bottom right corner has lifted slightly. I noticed only because of the movement of the screen when I press it down.

Not sure if you have answered this elsewhere, but if I leave it like this, is it likely to deteriorate to the point of the screen separating from the phone, may not be immediately, but even in a few months ? Any other consequences ?

I have written to the vendor here, and I am waiting for a response.

Love the phone, wish I hadn't read the forums and noticed the problem

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 11:10 AM
    Inside the box of my BlackBerry Passport is a card (as already mentioned in the thread) offering a complimentary 30 days of 'support' by dialing this number: 1-877-522-5532 which is said to be available 247 (subject to change). Have your receipt. If passed 30 days, the standard one year warranty kicks in.
    02-10-15 06:02 PM
    I bought my Passport in September 2014, on release day, no less and just last week it started exhibiting the screen lift issue. So I would suspect that my phone was in the batch of phones that were poorly built and QC failed to catch them. Unfortunately, my phone is out of warranty and BlackBerry are impossible to reach to try and get this issue resolved. I'm going to attempt to fix it myself.

Won't buy another BlackBerry. But then, I may not have to worry about whether I can buy another one, as I think there is a pretty good chance that the hardware division will be gone six to eight months from now, once the final sales numbers for the Priv phone are in.
    11-30-15 07:05 PM
43 12