So just as I'm reading all these horror stories about double typing and screens lifting..... I pickup my phone and realize the bottom right corner has completely separated. It won't stay down.

Rogers wants 40 bucks to replace with a refreshed device but I'm worried about the keyboard quality etc of a device that has been used previously.

Sending it to blackberry will take too long and I canny be without a phone let alone a blackberry....

My other option is to glue it myself. My passport is mint not a mark on it but I'm curious as to how others have dealt with this. I've only had it for a month so I wasn't an early adopter and I hate how much I love this phone because now I am so frustrated with it.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 06:33 PM
    Some people stated that screen lifting was for devices manufactured during November and December.

I would call BlackBerry and talk to them instead of gluing the screen myself.

Posted from Neverland!
    07-02-15 06:36 PM
    I sent mine back to Rogers and got a refurbished device, and it was like brand new, couldn't tell it wasn't new.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 07:19 PM
    Hope you find a solution. I've had my Passport to pieces after it went for a swim. I've used silicone adhesive to stick the entire screen back on but it's too early to know if it'll work out. My screen is a bit eaten by electrical contact cleaner which is a huge no for cleaning off old adhesive!

Prior to that I bought another water damaged Passport which I am now using but was originally planning to use to stick my main board in and not worry about sticking a screen on. Unfortunately it's screen is lifting too but it's working well as a complete unit so I didn't cannibalize it. I can't say I recommend the silicone as at least I have backups if it wasn't a good idea
    Screen lifted-img_20150628_013104.jpg

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 09:41 PM
    Hope you find a solution. I've had my Passport to pieces after it went for a swim. I've used silicone adhesive to stick the entire screen back on but it's too early to know if it'll work out. My screen is a bit eaten by electrical contact cleaner which is a huge no for cleaning off old adhesive!

Prior to that I bought another water damaged Passport which I am now using but was originally planning to use to stick my main board in and not worry about sticking a screen on. Unfortunately it's screen is lifting too but it's working well as a complete unit so I didn't cannibalize it. I can't say I recommend the silicone as at least I have backups if it wasn't a good idea
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150628_013104.jpg 
Views:	1831 
Size:	62.5 KB 
ID:	360662

Posted via CB10
    At least you'll have one fancy looking coaster in case you fail to fix your Passport.

Posted via C5303
    RoseBud68, Pcmx, blambtn and 1 others like this.
    07-02-15 10:08 PM
    My first PP just about blew up, screen lifted in two different spots. Got it replaced and as soon as I took the new one out of the box and the corners of the screen were soft and lifting. So annoyed with this phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 07:48 AM
    Wow I'm really paranoid now about getting another BB device. I wanted to give it a chance but with so many quality issues...which was supposed to be BB's strong suit...I just don't know anymore.
    07-03-15 08:01 AM
    Having seen how the pp goes together, there just doesn't seem to be a lot of surface area with how small the bezels are for adhesive to stick to. A hard shell case, if such a thing were to exist with just a small overlap on the screen bezels would probably help hold things in place.. but how would you market that? "Case helps prevent screen lift" lol.

I hope the silicone works in my case. Fish tanks are put together with it so I hope it's strong enough but rather than use superglue or something, the silicone is flexible and might be removable at least, if ever needed, maybe..

Aside from what I've seen, the Passport is a well put together device. It's unfortunate that the screen is about the only thing not mechanically fastened, or at least that the entire back side of the screen couldn't be adhered to like the battery - that thing is stuck in like a bear! The Passport would be a total tank!

Hate to hear that it's a deterrent to those who are considering and would really enjoy the Passport. It's actually a pretty strong adhesive used and screen lift is one of those things that may never happen.
    07-03-15 08:49 AM
    Anyone knows if the AT&T PassPort has the screen attached in another way, like using some clams?
    07-03-15 09:06 AM
    I'm using the ATT PP.

Posted via CB10
    JanuarJaguar likes this.
    07-03-15 09:20 AM
    I'm using the ATT PP.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you.
    07-03-15 09:21 AM
    Some people stated that screen lifting was for devices manufactured during November and December.

I would call BlackBerry and talk to them instead of gluing the screen myself.

Posted from Neverland!
    I think the pre November ones were suspect. December onwards I believe we're OK.
    07-03-15 09:04 PM
    I think the pre November ones were suspect. December onwards I believe we're OK.
    It happened to my launch Passport. I ultimately sent it back (RMA) and instead of fixing they replaced it this past January.

A reputable cell phone repair shop should be able to fix it properly.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 06:41 AM
    The adhesive should still be there and I recall someone saying it's a thermoadhesive which means if you heat it up it gets pliable. Maybe try sandwiching it between two pieces of cardboard or plastic and clamp it with some heavy duty binder clips. Then find a way to gently raise the temp of the phone like a hot car dashboard. Leave it for a few hrs to heat up then allow it to cool before removing the clamps. I wouldn't use a heatgun or anything with direct heat.

I only mention this method because in an older thread someone tried it with clothes pins and did a few overheating battery charge cycles with the same concept.

It worked for me but I only had one corner lifting. You have nothing to lose by trying it out.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 08:24 AM
    Get it replaced. Don't let them charge you, insist endlessly. The refurb device may also be flawed. Don't let them screw you.

The device was poorly glued. I've been through 5 passports, and I'm sure as hell going to keep using my warranty for any defect I find on the devices.
    07-04-15 04:40 PM
    Socks. I heard that problem going around the forums...Passport sold ASAP
    07-04-15 05:02 PM
    I decided to get Rogers to replace it with the advanced exchange so I don't have to be without.

Hopefully it won't happen again!

I'll let you know. Only took 45 days for this one.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-15 03:24 AM
    Why would you rid yourself of something based on a limited amount of data that is not statistically based. Seems like a significantly low number of these reports have been made in CB relative to the number of devices sold. Probably much lower incidence than issues reported on your car or toaster but you probably haven't sold either of these. Additionally many of the screen issues have occurred as a result of user error e.g. sitting on them which reduces the actual defective numbers.
    blambtn likes this.
    07-05-15 09:51 AM
    Moron. I am going to sell my Mercedes because someone told me they heard the paint started peeling off a certain year model Mercedes. They also said to go out and buy a Nissan. Lol.

Posted via Passport - 10.3.2.2339
    gallopiton likes this.
    07-05-15 12:34 PM
    BlackBerry is actually very quick with sending a replacement device, like two days tops quick lol. Do you not have another BlackBerry 10 device that could suffice possibly? (not in a *******'ish type of way either)

ⓟⓐⓢⓢⓟⓞⓡⓣSQW100-1/10.3.2.2204
    07-05-15 02:16 PM