Hello everyone,

Lately there has been a lot of chatter about screen lifting and bendgate when it comes to the Passport. I noticed numerous threads about this so I figured we can all compile some facts regarding this issue.

For example, if you do have the screen lifting issue please let us know the following:

- date of purchase
    - global or AT&T Passport
    - when did you notice the screen lifting
    - light, moderate or heavy usage

By doing so maybe we can pinpoint a certain batch (time frame) that will contains the faulty devices.

I got my Passport very recently (07/07/2015) and I don't have any issues as of yet. I got my device directly from AT&T.
    07-21-15 04:13 PM
    Wow nobody has an input? I figured we can document & compile a list of screen lifting issues. Maybe even pinpoint if there is a batch in production that was subpar.
    07-22-15 11:26 AM
    Amazon 01/20/15. No problems other than the screen lift in lower-right corner.

Posted from my Passport
    07-22-15 01:45 PM
    Unlocked Shop BlackBerry model purchased on launch day. Lifting in the lower right corner.

It doesn't bother me that much, so I haven't bothered to try to get it fixed. I've thought about trying to glue it down though.
    07-22-15 01:51 PM
    These types of threads never work. Why bother? First of all, a lot of Passports have this problem, but a lot isn't 50% of them. They can all develop it, but so far I would bet that less than 10% experienced the issue (note I was one of them). Either way, proportional to how many Passports were sold, the defect rate is too high.

From a more practical standpoint, the thread will turn into a ton of users who are saying "I don't have problems" with some who happen to stumble onto this thread and have experienced this problem (compounded probability is very small). Your results will be meaningless.
    07-22-15 02:36 PM
    I have it, top right corner... I'm getting a new screen replaced and putting a case over it tomorrow so I can't see it..

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport.
    07-22-15 02:37 PM
    These types of threads never work. Why bother? First of all, a lot of Passports have this problem, but a lot isn't 50% of them. They can all develop it, but so far I would bet that less than 10% experienced the issue (note I was one of them). Either way, proportional to how many Passports were sold, the defect rate is too high.

From a more practical standpoint, the thread will turn into a ton of users who are saying "I don't have problems" with some who happen to stumble onto this thread and have experienced this problem (compounded probability is very small). Your results will be meaningless.
    I agree to a certain extent. There are a lot of snippets of information regarding this issue floating around this forum and the web. This the why I created this thread and made bullets points on what information to provide.

As you mentioned; screen lifting is effecting a lot of Passports. With that said shouldn't we all try to figure out if there is a connection between the faulty devices (i.e purchase date)? For example, many say that that the silicone fails when it gets heated. Is this in fact true? The device gets hot and the screen lifts due to silicone failure - on face value this is a safe assumption. However, could the phone have gotten hot due to battery failure? Did the battery expand which pushed out the screen?

Apple came to this conclusion when customers brought their units in that wasn't warped. It was deemed a batter failure which caused screen lifting.

This thread is intended to gather as much detailed and accurate information regarding this flaw. We cannot prevent people from posting irrelevant things but that doesn't mean we should give up in gathering proper intel. Hey maybe we can even start a hashtag and use the power of the internet to apply pressure to BlackBerry until corrective action is taken.
    07-22-15 04:26 PM
    Until BlackBerry accepted this 'screen lifting' problem, our effort to identify its source and information is useless. In fact, BlackBerry should be the one to analyse the root cause of this problem i.e. by batches, production dates and/or designed fault, etc. but again, how this problem will be solved if BlackBerry doesn't acknowledge it?

Posted via CB10
    07-22-15 05:54 PM
    Can we see some photos...?
    :-)

�   "BB Android Armageddon: Chenisys is uploading in 5,4,3..."   �
    07-22-15 06:42 PM
    Wow nobody has an input? I figured we can document & compile a list of screen lifting issues. Maybe even pinpoint if there is a batch in production that was subpar.
    No not really.
    There's about 5 other threads with the same concept or thoughts.
    Go into one of those bigger threads and look thru them.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" from Adam Savage
    07-22-15 11:17 PM