I received my yesterday and immediately noticed that there was already a small crack at the bottom left of my passport screen. I called Digital River for replacement but I they said they don't do replacement for passport. I have to order the new one. But I got mine with the coupon for $450 and if i returned mine and order the new one, they said i would have to pay full retail price. What can I do guys????
    Attached Thumbnails Screen Cracked when just opening My Passport-dscn3263.jpg   Screen Cracked when just opening My Passport-dscn3262.jpg   Screen Cracked when just opening My Passport-dscn3261.jpg  
    10-21-14 01:34 PM
    So said, I waited mine for 15 days and now I got a defective product
    10-21-14 01:35 PM
    Damn. Sorry to hear that.
    10-21-14 01:41 PM
    I think some screaming and yelling will be necessary to solve this problem. Unfortunate how it has to come to that lol. That's absolutely unacceptable

Posted on my snappy new passport!!
    10-21-14 01:44 PM
    Get a hold of someone at BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 01:44 PM
    They do replacements for the Passport, through the RMA process.

This is sad if your device actually came cracked, otherwise..

Posted via CB10
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    10-21-14 01:46 PM
    Idk what to do. I was on the phone with horrible customer service for haft hour. They said that there is no way for me to get a new one with the discounted price. I just back to Blackberry after over 10 years of using android coz the passport. But Blackberry is killing themselves by using Digital River as up front store. I am wondering why Blackberry does not run their own store at least like Dell, HP....I could not stand with digital customer service. In 2014 and you could not get replacement for the faulty product. I am thinking of returning mine but I wanna get a new one with the discounted price even though the Coupon was a mistake. But if I order a new one, I would get from Amazon.
    10-21-14 01:49 PM
    They do replacements for the Passport, through the RMA process.

This is sad if your device actually came cracked, otherwise..

Posted via CB10
    I just called and they said NO. What happened?????
    10-21-14 01:50 PM
    Call BlackBerry they will do advanced rma. I did it for myself for reason way less serious (almost impossible to see dead pixel). Now I have two passports sitting on my desk, with one still waiting for a return shipping label from BlackBerry. I also ordered with coupon in canada. I was never backordered, so got it over a week ago

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Passport
    10-21-14 01:56 PM
    Call BlackBerry they will do advanced rma. I did it for myself for reason way less serious (almost impossible to see dead pixel). Now I have two passports sitting on my desk, with one still waiting for a return shipping label from BlackBerry. I also ordered with coupon in canada. I was never backordered, so got it over a week ago

Can you provide me Blackberry # and tell me about advanced RMA. what does it mean??? thanksssss
    10-21-14 01:59 PM
    I just called and they said NO. What happened?????
    You have physical damage on your phone, which they're going to say you caused.

Mine didn't have physical damage, just a creaky back cover. They replaced it. They took my card information and held money. They sent me a new Passport and as soon as they received my defective one, they released the hold on the funds.

But if you broke your Passport screen accidentally, they're not going to do it for you. They'll ship you a new Passport and then when you send this one back, they will charge your credit card because it's physically damaged.

Posted via CB10
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    10-21-14 01:59 PM
    Can you provide me Blackberry # and tell me about advanced RMA. what does it mean??? thanksssss
    Advanced rma is when they ship you a device before you return your defective one, so you can still have a phone while you wait for replacement. The replacement does not come with a retail box though, just the phone itself. When did you receive your phone? Call asap and tell them of the issue. I will get phone number when I get home from work

10-21-14 02:03 PM
    You have physical damage on your phone, which they're going to say you caused.

Mine didn't have physical damage, just a creaky back cover. They replaced it. They took my card information and held money. They sent me a new Passport and as soon as they received my defective one, they released the hold on the funds.

But if you broke your Passport screen accidentally, they're not going to do it for you. They'll ship you a new Passport and then when you send this one back, they will charge your credit card because it's physically damaged.

Posted via CB10
    Look at the pictures. I saw the crack right after i turned it on. It was not my falt. Should i call them again
    10-21-14 02:12 PM
    Look at the pictures. I saw the crack right after i turned it on. It was not my falt. Should i call them again
    I would call until I get a replacement. When I first called, I got same response they gave you, that I would have to return and then reorder. I had to explain three times that because I ordered with coupon, I be losing $200. After she finally understood, I asked to speak with supervisor. She came back 5 min later and transfered me to rma department

bungaboy likes this.
    10-21-14 02:19 PM
    Did you call Blackberry or Digital River?
    You should call Blackberry and explained to them you received the phone with a crack screen.
    Don't delay and ask them for an advance RMA.
    caibre likes this.
    10-21-14 02:23 PM
    Is that a protector on your phone cause they didn't come in blue? I notice that there is a grip section right where the crack is. Installing the protector might have cracked the screen. What protector is it?
    10-21-14 02:27 PM
    Try calling 1877-552-5532 or 1877-255-2377. Try first one first

10-21-14 02:27 PM
    That is the protector come with the phone. I still did not take it out. When I was the crack. I tried lift up the corner of the protector and I saw that was underneath the glass not the protector itself.
    10-21-14 02:32 PM
    That is the protector come with the phone. I still did not take it out. When I was the crack. I tried lift up the corner of the protector and I saw that was underneath the glass not the protector itself.
    I have never seen a Blackberry come with a protector already installed. Can you show a full shot of the phone and protector?
    10-21-14 02:35 PM
    The OP may be talking about the screen film that comes on the Passport when shipped, a few people on here leave them on, myself included

I have never seen a Blackberry come with a protector already installed. Can you show a full shot of the phone and protector?
    Carl Estes likes this.
    10-21-14 02:46 PM
    The OP may be talking about the screen film that comes on the Passport when shipped, a few people on here leave them on, myself included
    What is the blue about the phone then?
    10-21-14 02:49 PM
    What is the blue about the phone then?
    it is the cover
    10-21-14 02:52 PM
    I would probably buy your defective one right now for $500 USD. I refuse to pay $800 or even $700 on canada Amazon, but I need one!
    10-21-14 02:53 PM
    it is the cover
    Can you please show a picture of the cover?
    10-21-14 02:54 PM
    Is the crack on the first surface or inner surface?
    10-21-14 03:02 PM
93 123 ...