Sooooooooooo.......

I had a few to drink last weekend and headed out to the local club. Got pushed and ended up banging my leg against a table with my passport inside.

I checked my phone and to my surprise there wasn't a mark or dent to be seen. I thanked my lucky stars and carried on with my night.

Today I went to use my camera for the first time and notice it's looking really muddy and blury. On closer inspection the tiny circle of glass/plastic in front of the lens is slightly dented and has a couple of scratches.

I wanted to check it was this causing the issue and not a problem with the actual camera. Only way to do this is to play doctor with my poor passport.

I opened her up just now and took a photo without the back cover on and the image is perfect. So it looks like this bit of plastic is the cause.

I then decided to push this circle out from the inside and it pops right out. Only issue now is dust will get into the camera lens. I have put a piece of clear plastic in front, but only as a temporary measure.

I've been looking for spare parts, but cant find any. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do here?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Adam

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 03:56 PM
    I have a site for passport parts will post to you shortly as it is booked marked on my ipad.

Posted via J blackberry passport
    01-30-15 04:39 PM
    I am interested in that link too since I want to get a spare sim/sd cover in case I bust it trying to yank it off... the cover, that is...

I have a site for passport parts will post to you shortly as it is booked marked on my ipad.

Posted via J blackberry passport
    bspence87 likes this.
    01-30-15 05:07 PM
    Here it is guys hope this helps- etradesupply.com

Posted via Jays blackberry passport
    Adam Rees and btolley like this.
    01-30-15 05:45 PM
    BTW if you need insurance coverage for phone like I did because I purchased mine thru amazon unlocked working on cricket is -squaretrade.com, if you were looking for that also. These phones aren't cheap but the service is .Good luck
    Posted via Jays blackberry passport
    01-30-15 05:48 PM