UPDATE/RESULTS: The phone arrived today, it is as described, a brand new Passport SE, shipping was super fast by DHL. Arriving well before original estimate given right after purchase. The charger that came with the phone is configured for use in, my guess, China and the seller sent along a free plug adaptor to plug into 110V for here in the states.

If your looking for a brand new Passport SE I can recommend the seller on ebay, the ebay link is in an earlier post in this thread. After I got the phone charge up to get the phone to come on, it was defaulted to Chinese language. I used my OG Passport settings screen to compare to where to press to get it switched to English.

The phone was packaged in original box which was tightly wrapped in cardboard which was placed into one of those heavy duty plastic shipping bags. The phone feels great to hold compared to the OG, all I want is a simple soft sleeve case to slid it into.

I did a crappy unboxing video which will humiliate me here forever. I'm working on uploading it to PhotoBucket, when upload is finished I'll post the link if anyone need a good laugh.

Summary: I'm a very happy camper, finally got my SE and love it! Installed Cobalt already. END of UPDATE

OP>>Scary! Brand New Passport SE's on Ebay from Hong Kong! Can anyone here confirm that they bought one and its for real?

I guess if it's fake the ebay buyer protection is now rock solid?

Here's what we found for "Who pays for return shipping?"

If the buyer changes their mind about a purchase and wants to return an item, they may need to pay return shipping costs, depending on the seller's return policy. Sellers can provide a return shipping address and additional return shipping information for the buyer in My eBay.

Sellers pay for return, replacement or exchange shipping if there's a problem with the item. For example, if the item doesn't match the listing description, is damaged or defective or is counterfeit.

and; Here's what we found for "Item wasn't as described"
    eBay Money Back Guarantee
    Here’s how it works

The eBay Money Back Guarantee covers your purchase price plus original shipping for virtually all items on eBay.com. We guarantee you’ll get the item you ordered or your money back.
    1Open a request

Let the seller know the item you received isn’t as described in the listing and you want to return it or replace it.
    2Not resolved? Let us know

If you're waiting for a response, you can check the status of your request. If you're not happy with the seller's resolution after 3 business days of opening your request, ask us to step in and help.
    3We’ll get your money back fast

You’ll get an answer within 2 days, and if your request qualifies, we'll send you a refund.
    Last edited by EndRacism; 04-21-17 at 07:14 AM.
    04-15-17 12:26 PM
    There's no way it's going to be fake. It's such a niche item that 99.9% of the population hasn't even heard of.

Why would they waste their time designing fake parts? Much more profitable to be faking Samsungs.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-17 12:32 PM
    There's no way it's going to be fake. It's such a niche item that 99.9% of the population hasn't even heard of.

Why would they waste their time designing fake parts? Much more profitable to be faking Samsungs.

Posted via CB10
    Certainly makes sense but what I worry about is getting a used or refurbished or box of saw dust! And then they disappear.
    04-15-17 12:35 PM
    Certainly makes sense but what I worry about is getting a used or refurbished or box of saw dust! And then they disappear.
    PayPal protection

Posted via Red BlackBerry Passport
    04-15-17 12:37 PM
    Yes that is certainly a legit concern. But ebay has pretty solid buyer protection.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-17 12:42 PM
    Yes that is certainly a legit concern. But ebay has pretty solid buyer protection.

Posted via CB10
    I don't buy often at ebay, every 1-2 years, I did come across warranty and return, seems rock solid if the SE isn't as advertised, even if seller disappears! Sooooo I bought one! I've had black unlocked, just couldn't resist having an SE!
    04-15-17 12:51 PM
    I don't buy often at ebay, every 1-2 years, I did come across warranty and return, seems rock solid if the SE isn't as advertised, even if seller disappears! Sooooo I bought one! I've had black unlocked, just couldn't resist having an SE!
    Awesome, congrats. Let me know how it goes.

Posted via CB10
    EndRacism likes this.
    04-15-17 12:54 PM
    Bought recently a brandnew one from Media Markt via ebay in Germany. Box still has been sealed.

Posted from my Blackberry Passport - 2BEBBC57 -
    04-15-17 01:00 PM
    What's the listing because from Hong Kong is probably not legit
    04-15-17 01:08 PM
    Since post I've scrutinized ebay buyer protection against fraud and it reads to me as rock solid, even if seller disappears. If product isn't as described, seller must pay to return, ebay will guarantee purchase price. SO, I ordered one, arrival no later than May 15. Free Shipping so if all goes well, not a bad deal.

New BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition SQW100-4 32GB Factory Unlocked 4.5'' | eBay
    04-15-17 01:25 PM
    Awesome, congrats. Let me know how it goes.

Posted via CB10
    Latest arrival May 15. Fingers crossed! I'm covered by ebay buyer protection, so money back isn't an issue if bogus, but big let down if I have to start looking again.
    04-15-17 01:28 PM
    EBay states that seller pay return shipping if it is seller's fault, but eBay does not enforce it. Ebay Protection ensures you get what you paid to the seller through eBay back. The return shipping amount is not processed via eBay so eBay has no way of helping buyer with that. If you have to return and the seller doesn't send a prepaid shipping label, you'll have to pay for the return shipping first, email the seller a copy of the invoice, and pray that he or she is a good person. In my case, I got a bad guy.
    If the guy sends a box of dirt and disappears, eBay will pay you. But this is not likely as eBay often hold back the money being sent to the seller for a certain amount of time, so no seller wants to just disappear.

Posted from my  Passport
    04-15-17 02:01 PM
    Latest arrival May 15. Fingers crossed! I'm covered by ebay buyer protection, so money back isn't an issue if bogus, but big let down if I have to start looking again.
    That would be sad of you have to look more. About six new white ones ebay for 180?

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    04-15-17 03:19 PM
    That would be sad of you have to look more. About six new white ones ebay for 180?

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    Don't want Red, don't want White, had my Black, Ready for Silver!! Do-Da-Do!
    04-15-17 03:25 PM
    Mine's fine. YMMV.

Posted via CB10 | SQW100-4 Passport on T-Mobile. Hi Ho Silver Edition!
    EndRacism likes this.
    04-15-17 03:38 PM
    Ya I have seen Ebay listings from Hong Kong on bb10 devices but the the listing says android os. Fake device with android loaded... who knows if it would even work properly not to mention security issues
    04-15-17 04:22 PM
    Probably just wrong info provided by employee who was in rush or didn't have knowledge about bb10 devices. There never were market for fake bb10 devices.
    Only thing I would watchout is buying the right variant for your country and reading the listing and reviews with time. I saw some reviews saying that people got refurbished or even used phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-17 06:38 PM
    Last year I bought a black Passport on ebay and it came from HK. It was exactly as expected, brand new in box its box. Absolutely no problems with it.
    Ten.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-17 11:54 PM
    The positive reviews smell off...
    04-15-17 11:58 PM
    Ebay buyer protection is on point, not many frauds on that site anymore.
    And ebay always sides with the buyer in case of a dispute, the risks are so tiny I would pull the trigger.
    04-16-17 02:34 AM
    Ebay buyer protection is on point, not many frauds on that site anymore.
    And ebay always sides with the buyer in case of a dispute, the risks are so tiny I would pull the trigger.
    Plus if you pay through PayPal with your credit card, you are covered there too.
    I have not had any issues with buying higher dollar items from over the 'other' pond. They shipped fast and if I had any concerns I got a fast reply.
    Hope you do have a good transaction with them and it comes pretty fast, usually within a couple of weeks. They actually get it into their post very fast, but it sits the most time at the dock and customs.
    04-16-17 07:35 PM
    Some people have had issues with Hong Kong sellers, some haven't. It all depends on who the seller is, and how many LEGITIMATE people can recommend them.
    04-16-17 08:45 PM
    I just bought a passport recently , the condition is pretty well but battery.
    04-16-17 10:03 PM
    Shipped! Brand new Passport SE, coming from Hong Kong. Fingers still crossed, that it's a real deal.
    Attached Thumbnails Scary! New Passport SE's on Ebay from Hong Kong-img_20170417_073231.jpg  
    04-17-17 06:37 AM
    Shipped! Brand new Passport SE, coming from Hong Kong. Fingers still crossed, that it's a real deal.
    Great!
    And may the god of chink shait be in your favor.
    04-17-17 07:16 AM
47 12