I have had my Passport for Three days and sat on it getting into the car. I love the phone but I'm so angry with myself.

It is bent on one side but still working. The keyboard is a bit harder to use because the bottom left is sloping down. And the swiping of predicted words isn't quiet as good because the Keyboard is no level/flat.

I am thinking to put it in a vice with some padding to try and re straighten. Just worried about breaking the screen.
    Any thoughts?

Or I put up with a bent phone.

Or sell it for parts and buy a new one.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    SparkBerryBold likes this.
    11-24-14 11:59 AM
    I did the same thing as you. Fortunately for me, nothing happened to mine. Hope yours is okay. No Otterbox cases coming for the Passport I assume.
    xxslxx likes this.
    11-24-14 12:02 PM
    Sell it and buy a new one. Whats the point in having a passport and not able to use the keyboard properly. And buy the red one this time its sexy.
    Sad to hear though about your phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 12:05 PM
    I have had my Passport for Three days and sat on it getting into the car. I love the phone but I'm so angry with myself.

It is bent on one side but still working. The keyboard is a bit harder to use because the bottom left is sloping down. And the swiping of predicted words isn't quiet as good because the Keyboard is no level/flat.

I am thinking to put it in a vice with some padding to try and re straighten. Just worried about breaking the screen.
    Any thoughts?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Don't put it in a vice. You'll likely break or loosen something (like the screen - which is only glued on).. There are less drastic measure you can take. If the bent component is really bothering you or affecting your use of the device, disassemble the device and see if you can fix or replace that one component. Just youtube "BlackBerry Passport Disassembly" and you'll find a helpful video on how to do it. You'll need special screwdrivers (T-series) and a those plastic pry tools, all of which are very very cheap online.
    11-24-14 12:13 PM

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Pictures please. I sit on mine everyday on the bus with no bending. Either you sat on concrete or much bigger than me. BlackBerry will probably buy it off of you since John Chen put out the challenge.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 12:17 PM
    Where would I Write to put out the challenge to Blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 12:21 PM
    I sit on mine all the time - the thing is so solid it hurts me before I can sit on it enough to hurt it.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster, Lalabum and xxslxx like this.
    11-24-14 12:32 PM
    Where would I Write to put out the challenge to Blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    Tweet or email a picture to BlackBerry. Post one here too please.

Posted via CB10
    xxslxx and southlander like this.
    11-24-14 12:45 PM
    Seriously, bent Passport?! Just wondering how much do you weight. No offense

Sentt frrom myy BlaackBerrryy Q10 on Globe-Telecom | OS 10.3.1.1151 via SIC Wipe n Load
    11-24-14 01:07 PM
    If you have only had it for three days, just try to return it claiming it is defective. Not the most ethical thing, but they will probably give you a replacement or partial refund.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 01:09 PM
    Seriously, bent Passport?! Just wondering how much do you weight. No offense

Sentt frrom myy BlaackBerrryy Q10 on Globe-Telecom | OS 10.3.1.1151 via SIC Wipe n Load
    Right? It's a stainless steel frame. It would take some serious pressure to bend it.

I'd send it to BlackBerry to have it repaired by their technicians so as not to void the warranty.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 01:29 PM
    Can u post a picture of it?
    11-24-14 01:34 PM
    I'm a 270 pound construction worker, I sit on my Passport all day, every day, not a blemish. FTR, what makes the Passport so strong is not the flimsy stainless steel bezel, that's just for looks, it has a mild steel chassis under the skin that is very beefy, that is what makes it not bend. Stainless steel is not maleable, mild steel is, it bounces back when bent. stainless and aluminium stay bent.
    11-24-14 02:55 PM
    I weigh 79 kgs so not heavy. I'm in Australia so I will ask them what they can do. I don't think, the service is very good here.

Posted via CB10
    xxslxx likes this.
    11-24-14 03:08 PM
    People are asking for a photo of your bend BlackBerry. Why don't you post this? You did register yourself for this topic on Crackberry? And you're avoiding the answer why you shouldn't post a photo of your bend BlackBerry...

Posted via CB10
    xxslxx and southlander like this.
    11-24-14 03:21 PM
    Call BlackBerry and ask them for assistance - I've had some really good experiences on troubleshooting and hardware support. I wouldn't be surprised if they cut you a break one way or another.
    11-24-14 03:26 PM
    I will post: the photos when I get back home.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 03:41 PM
    With enough pressure anything will bend of course. This is another example of why many passport owners are asking for the official holster.
    Sorry about your device.
    11-24-14 03:44 PM
    Here are the photos it shows the phone bent and slightly twisted.

Sat on my Passport in back pocket-dsc01142.jpg
    Sat on my Passport in back pocket-dsc01145.jpg
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01142.JPG 
Views:	3666 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	316705

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 05:04 PM
    When it bent, what were sitting down on?

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 05:12 PM
    Sat down in my car.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 05:13 PM
    Good luck

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 05:18 PM
    I did the same thing as you. Fortunately for me, nothing happened to mine. Hope yours is okay. No Otterbox cases coming for the Passport I assume.
    You seriously wouldn't throw an otterbox on it would you?

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 05:20 PM
    Tweet or email a picture to BlackBerry. Post one here too please.

Posted via CB10
    Waiting on pics. It's not that hard.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 05:21 PM
    People are asking for a photo of your bend BlackBerry. Why don't you post this? You did register yourself for this topic on Crackberry? And you're avoiding the answer why you shouldn't post a photo of your bend BlackBerry...

Posted via CB10
    Lol you seem more affected than he is. Another doubting Thomas?
    Now that he posted the pics, will you stop your whining? The guy was simply asking for advice.

@pbloom: Sorry to see that. Hopefully that type of damage is covered by the warranty. But if not, at least it'll give you an excuse to buy the white or red Passport.

Posted from an ME173X
    11-24-14 05:24 PM
295 123 ...