i have had my att PP for 1 week . i think it is absolutely fantastic.
    i have it set up perfectly for my needs except there are a few apps that i will need to get from snap if i wish to have them on the PP
    i am all set to download snap but i have some trepidation that it will mess up the PP
    do most people think that snap is safe to download
    thank you
    03-01-15 04:04 PM
    Yes it is..

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    03-01-15 04:05 PM
    I don't use it myself but a lot of people do, i think its safe but some of the apps you load that could be a different story,
    03-01-15 04:06 PM
    Snap is great.. I've been using it since it became available. As noted, you should review all Android apps and note the permissions they request when installing. If they sound fishy, skip them -- at least until you check them out.

Install Snap using Sachesi:
    1. Download the appropriate Sachesi version here: Sachesi
    2. Un-archive the exe file (currently a 7zip file)
    3. Put the exe file in a folder on it's own on your computer (it's a stand-alone program)
    4. Download Snap here: Snap Google Play Client
    5. Plug your device into your computer.
    6. Double click the Sachesi exe file to launch it. Enter your device password, if you use one.
    7. Click on the install tab.
    8. Drag/drop the Snap bar file into the window. You'll see a progress bar on your device and in Sachesi.
    9. When complete, unplug your device. You're done, enjoy.

*** Note that BlackBerry Link must already installed on the computer (this installs drivers you'll need).
    *** "Development Mode" is not required when using Sachesi.
    *** Unless you know what you're doing, do not mess with the other, advanced options within Sachesi!
    *** Settings > App Manager > Installing Apps > "Allow Apps from Other Sources to be Installed" must be enabled to install APK's.
    anon(9208252) likes this.
    03-01-15 05:05 PM
    Yup. Been using it ever since it came out. No issues whatsoever.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 05:09 PM
    thank you very much
    i will give it a try
    question
    when you say unarchive the exe file can you tell me what you mean
    thanks
    03-02-15 04:39 PM
    thank you very much
    i will give it a try
    question
    thanks
    Means the same as unzip.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 04:42 PM
    thank you very much
    i will give it a try
    question
    thanks
    The other option is to load it up with the Google Chrome extension.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 04:42 PM
    thank you very much
    i will give it a try
    question
    thanks
    That just means unzip the file so that you can install the program on your computer using the .exe. So you do need an unzip program on your computer such as 7-zip or winzip etc.
    03-02-15 04:45 PM
    Never had an issue. Loaded and used it three times on two different devices (Q10 once, Passport initial and after security wipe) and never any troubles. I believe it is safe.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 05:00 PM
    I got rid of snap since google play now works.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 05:09 PM
    I got rid of snap since google play now works.

Posted via CB10
    Doesn't work that well for me. Snap is still the better experience. The only advantage with that one is getting access to payment options.

Posted via CB10
    JG_Agustin likes this.
    03-02-15 05:21 PM
    Doesn't work that well for me. Snap is still the better experience. The only advantage with that one is getting access to payment options.

Posted via CB10
    Basically you have to patch it and allow for two step verification. Also play services still has issues but I've got youtube working. Basically it has to be patched every time you update. Yes, it's a long process but I enjoy it. Why have everything easy like iphone?

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 05:24 PM
    a few apps? then don't use snap just take the APKs and install your few apps. one less app which your system might slow down
    03-02-15 05:34 PM
    Best not to install Android apps on your Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Got2GetAway likes this.
    03-02-15 05:52 PM
    Best not to install Android apps on your Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Why do you say that?
    03-02-15 06:21 PM
    From all the options available, I would consider Snap to be one of the safest options for Android apps, together with the Amazon App Store and Cobalt's Patched Google Play. Simply because the apps come from Google Play directly. Unlike looking for the apk online, or using 1mobile market, which poses the risk of not knowing where the app came from or if it has been altered in anyway.

Not all apps will run though. And as if you had an Android device, there may certainly be some fishy apps around. Using common sense helps and if you generally only use big name apps, or financial/banking ones, I think it's a very safe bet.

I suggest you turn on BlackBerry Guardian which scans Android apps for any malware. It really only takes a couple more seconds than the usual installation.

Sent from the powerful and masterful Passport!
    03-02-15 06:40 PM
    Been fine for me!

Former 9900, Z10, and Z30 user and lover, but now Passport rocker!
    03-02-15 07:20 PM
    Simply because the apps come from Google Play directly. Unlike looking for the apk online, or using 1mobile market, which poses the risk of not knowing where the app came from or if it has been altered in anyway.
    Never ever take an App, Programm, Funktion (.exe, .rpm, .APK or whatever) from any source you don't trust. I have been talking about the official website of the developer. Do not use any alternative software place. Thought thats already known. Linux got its repositories. Yeah Windows is in that case.... it is not easy. No matter if your are at Windows, Linux, Android or any other OS. Well sometimes you need to trust that source even if you don't know much about. But that's your risk.
    03-02-15 07:23 PM
    I've been using Snap, since it first came out. It's a fantastic app, even manages updates. I currently have 25 android apps installed using snap on my Passport. Most work flawlessly. There are a few types of situations that the android apps do not work perfect or sometimes not at all.

1) Apps that require Google Services. Sometimes you will get a notice that the app requires Google Services. The first time you should ignore this and try anyways, I've found many apps may have google services but they just don't use it, so when you ignore the message when it comes up. A little annoying sometimes. Apps that really google services will not work (there are some forum threads that talk about hacking that but I've never tried)
    2) Apps that use Common Data like: Calendar, Contacts, Memo, Mail. You may be able to use these but you will have to "populate" the data in the android side. I posted this about using Android Calendar . I also use Moonreader and sync my content and reading mark via drop box on my Passport and Playbook.
    3) Some apps are just outright barred by Blackberry OS for example Keyboards.

This is a partial list of the Android apps I have running on my Passport: CraveTV, Speedtest, Fing, Bomgar, Realtor.ca, aCalendar+, Onenote, Wifi Analyser, OneSync, Nine, MoonReader, Insteon,....

Up until the latest leak, Microsoft Office mobile was also running fine, although this is no longer the case. Not a big problem as Docs to go works well enough for me.

You can also download most paid apps, you just have to pay for them using your desktop and then download them.

Of course, anytime you install an App be careful. Blackberry's APK installer does look for know malware but that is not a guarantee.

All in All, I've found that Blackberry's strategy of leveraging the Android App Ecosystem to be brilliant.
    03-03-15 07:24 AM