I'm very appreciative to the community here for all the suggestions, and especially to RedLight who offered the best advice I got. But, it seems the Passport does not support the split between syncing with an IMAP database, and sending mail via an SMTP server run by someone completely different. And, RedLight, I especially enjoyed you ripping my posts to shreds. I wish I could paste this in but CB does not support pasting into these dialogs. Crazy, they should reconsider.

Returning the Passport-untitled.jpg

I'm getting my carrier to send my a HTC One M8. There's a new life out there..

10-21-14 06:08 PM
    So, is there a reason you didn't post this into the existing thread you already started on this?

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=969436

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    10-21-14 06:15 PM
    It was getting kind of long, and I still had some hope all the way along that thread. Tonight the hope is gone.
    10-21-14 08:25 PM
    Just in case others read this, RedLightBlinking gave the solution. I have it working just like he describes and it provides the functionality the OP is after.

We had the flame wars about BIS when BB10 first came out and thought this was a dead subject since there are so many solutions that have been successfully implemented. There is a solution for the OP but if he chooses to send his PP back that is his choice and no one should argue with him about that.

Just so others know he had a workable solution but maybe not the ability or knowledge to implement. It is more than the average user can setup and surprised that tech support from BBRY and/or his ISP couldn't have helped him through it. Again, RedLightBlinking gave one workable solution and if the OP wasn't able to follow his instructions it is sad that one of the tech support groups couldn't have guided hik through.

Handling POP3 the way the OP wanted is definitely doable.

Posted via CB10
    Timbosaurus and dietertong like this.
    10-21-14 08:28 PM
    Outlook mail headers say something like "sent by Outlook on behalf of <foreign ISP SMTP server>. I can't accept that.
    10-22-14 07:48 AM
    I'm very appreciative to the community here for all the suggestions, and especially to RedLight who offered the best advice I got. But, it seems the Passport does not support the split between syncing with an IMAP database, and sending mail via an SMTP server run by someone completely different. And, RedLight, I especially enjoyed you ripping my posts to shreds. I wish I could paste this in but CB does not support pasting into these dialogs. Crazy, they should reconsider.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	756 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	308225

I'm getting my carrier to send my a HTC One M8. There's a new life out there..

So the question is does Android provide a solution for you with the HTC that doesn't have BIS that the solution provided above do?
    10-22-14 08:36 AM