Today, I had an issue trying to access the Beta Zone on my PC... it would not accept my password. I clicked a link on the BBID page to reset my BBID.

After I did that I received an email that had a link to reset my BBID... I clicked the link on the email from my passport (not that this had anything to do with what happened next). I just figured it would be easier to reset on my phone instead of pulling up my email on the computer.

As soon as I clicked the link on the webpage I caught a glance at what was happening... a message said, "Deleting Blackberry ID." I was in shock as to what was happening.

My Blackberry ID was Deleted... I freaked. I immediately setup my BBID again using the same email address. I couldn't login to anything with BBID on my phone. I then called Blackberry support to tell them what happened. They were no help but to tell me that I said to "Delete my account."

I promptly told the girl, "Since when does 'Resetting' you Blackberry ID mean DELETING you BBID?!?! I am still furious that this happened.

Has anyone ever done this???

I never in a million year would have thought that "Reset" meant "Delete!" I cannot believe that deleting or deactivating you BBID would be so easy or have no grace period to reactivate.

I am sort of perplexed by this. Even though I was using the same email address as my "new" BBID, my Passport still would not take the password. I was told that I needed to wipe my phone and set it back up.

I moved everything I needed to my SD card, removed it and ran an autoloader for 10.3.1.2744 (seems better than 2582). All of my email, contacts and calendar are cloud based, so no problems there.

Only thing I'm realler pissed about at this point is my BBM contacts and purchased apps... I do have a case opened with BlackBerry, but I have little faith that they can or will help me with the apps. I did however send them all of my Order numbers from the apps I purchased.

Maybe they will, maybe they wont... the best thing now is that I have a fresh phone with a seemingly better OS than I had before...

***Rant over***

Posted via CB10
    DBundick likes this.
    05-29-15 12:05 AM
    I then called Blackberry support to tell them what happened. They were no help but to tell me that I said to "Delete my account."
    I feel your pain but the above is really the long and short of it. You misunderstood what it meant to reset your BBID. Chalk it up as a learning experience.
    05-29-15 03:49 AM
    Why didn't you click "Forgot Password"???

But I agree that "Reset BlackBerry ID" is confusing.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 04:59 AM
    I get that I should have. I saw "Reset BBID". And clicked it. Didn't look further. I figured rest was reset, not delete. That should be harder to do. Reset in my mind means RESET.

Just think if a "Security Wipe" said "Security Reset" or "Reset Device" and you only had to type "Blackberry" once with nothing on the screen that said you would lose everything on the device back to factory defaults.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 05:39 AM
    I get that I should have. I saw "Reset BBID". And clicked it. Didn't look further. I figured rest was reset, not delete. That should be harder to do. Reset in my mind means RESET.

Just think if a "Security Wipe" said "Security Reset" or "Reset Device" and you only had to type "Blackberry" once with nothing on the screen that said you would lose everything on the device back to factory defaults.

Posted via CB10
    I wonder if, given your lack of focus in not clicking "forgot password", you also missed warnings about deleting your account...

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 06:22 AM
    The same happened to me! Instead of sending you the reset password option. They sent me the delete ID solution too!

So it is simple, all you have to do is a security wipe, enter your new blackberry ID. That's all I can say...

Well, it is a good start with everything is fresh! I just realized that after the security wipe, my Z30 is faster and better. All the junk file in my phone gone.

And one more good thing, I lost all my purchased apps too! Haha!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Calvin8181; 05-29-15 at 06:51 AM.
    05-29-15 06:37 AM
    I wish I can start fresh :') my q10 is lagging too much but I can't lose anything

 CB10 - Q10 - 10.3.2.680 
    05-29-15 07:09 AM
    I'm a little late on this thread, but am doing a search on bbid before I state my issue.

Anyway, the blackberry nomenclature is just awful. Your blackberry ID (bbid) is the email address you entered when you set up the phone. The blackberry ID password is what you want to reset.

What also is poorly implemented is if you select reset blackberry ID, that is change the associated email account, the warning is that you will lose anything associated with that blackberry ID. The warning mentions BBM. It doesn't mention paid apps. Now I know paid apps would be lost because you had to enter your bbid to buy the app. But still, the website needs to be explicit.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-15 03:46 AM