I know the OS is much better, the company is in better shape, and i'm also taking into account that I wasn't surprised by anything because I already knew what to expect, but again with the vague release dates???

I remember waking up early to watch Thorsten get up on stage and tell me that the phones will be available in the coming months - now we're told by Chen that "it'll be in 30 countries by the end of the year"? IMO, that's bull. Tell people when it's coming. If I were someone who needed to upgrade right away, I would have absolutely no idea whether I should wait or just get something that is already out. This is a bad business move. I know people will say it would be worse to tell people a date, and then not deliver on that date, and I agree. They should be setting a date and then delivering. If everyone else can do it, they should be able to, too.
    wilber1, jaydee5799 and andy957 like this.
    09-24-14 12:23 PM
    I like your thinking. And I have to say I agree. Tell us WHEN we can get our hands on one. Makes it more real to everyone dreaming of a new device.
    andy957 likes this.
    09-24-14 12:27 PM
    The big difference is that this time around you can buy it directly on shopblackberry.com and amazon.com. Plus, it seems like there is immediate support in Canada and the UK. So no, it's not as terrible as the Z10/Q10 launch.
    matthewgreyling likes this.
    09-24-14 12:27 PM
    Hmmm.... wasn't it the same with the Z10? Available in UK and Canada from day 1?

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 12:29 PM
    Canada launched after the UK. Big thing this time was that they are selling right away online. They have never done that before.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 12:30 PM
    The big difference is that this time around you can buy it directly on shopblackberry.com and amazon.com. Plus, it seems like there is immediate support in Canada and the UK. So no, it's not as terrible as the Z10/Q10 launch.
    I agree it's better, but still awful. Sure they are selling it online, but no one has any idea which carriers the phones will work on. I've already seen a ton of threads, on Crackberry alone, asking if the Passport bought online will work on ATT or Verizon. And that's just the people who read Crackberry - what about the average person who is thinking about it, but has no idea if it will work with their carrier? Chances are, they'll go into the store to ask, the sales rep will have no idea, and then they'll just sell them an iPhone or something. The same story as always. There is too much confusion about when this phone will be available, who will carry it, which version of the phone is supported by who, etc..., etc...

I am not bashing BlackBerry by any means, but am extremely frustrated as a long time, loyal customer. Just tell people when they can get the phone from their carriers.
    andy957 likes this.
    09-24-14 12:52 PM
    I agree it's better, but still awful. Sure they are selling it online, but no one has any idea which carriers the phones will work on. I've already seen a ton of threads, on Crackberry alone, asking if the Passport bought online will work on ATT or Verizon. And that's just the people who read Crackberry - what about the average person who is thinking about it, but has no idea if it will work with their carrier? Chances are, they'll go into the store to ask, the sales rep will have no idea, and then they'll just sell them an iPhone or something. The same story as always. There is too much confusion about when this phone will be available, who will carry it, which version of the phone is supported by who, etc..., etc...

I am not bashing BlackBerry by any means, but am extremely frustrated as a long time, loyal customer. Just tell people when they can get the phone from their carriers.
    For sure, they need to make it as easy as possible. Google does it with their nexus (and then Moto) devices,.. in order to buy online you first click on a large color-coded button selecting your carrier, it then selects the variant based on that.

BlackBerry needs to let you select your carrier and at least show a big green check mark whether it will fully work, a yellow exclamation mark if it might partially work, and a red X if it will not at all.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 01:03 PM
    For sure, they need to make it as easy as possible. Google does it with their nexus (and then Moto) devices,.. in order to buy online you first click on a large color-coded button selecting your carrier, it then selects the variant based on that.

BlackBerry needs to let you select your carrier and at least show a big green check mark whether it will fully work, a yellow exclamation mark if it might partially work, and a red X if it will not at all.

Posted via CB10

I agree- all variants should be made available online direct through BB.
    09-24-14 01:37 PM