Can any other red Passport owners confirm the display colour settings on the red passport are out of whack compared to the black one?

I was setting up my red one and used my black one side by side as I was setting it up. Doing a clean setup. When I got to the display colour settings the white balance and colour saturation are off on the red one. On my black one both saturation and balance are set in the middle. Do that on the red one and I have a slight yellowish tinge to it. I mess around with the levels on the red one but can't get it to match the black one.

On my black passport with colour settings set In the middle I have a perfect white. Not with the red one.

Good this be a defect with the screen? Anyone else notice this?

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 12:23 AM
    No two Passports have the same white balance of the display. I've had 9, including a Limited Edition Red from which I'm typing this message. They all had different displays. Whoever is supplying the panels to BlackBerry is supplying B stock. Virtually every one also has some dead or stuck pixels.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 01:18 AM
    No two Passports have the same white balance of the display. I've had 9, including a Limited Edition Red from which I'm typing this message. They all had different displays. Whoever is supplying the panels to BlackBerry is supplying B stock. Virtually every one also has some dead or stuck pixels.

Posted via CB10
    Wow that really sucks. I loved my white balance and saturation on my black passport. Almost feel like keeping the black one.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 01:57 AM
    Same issue observed between 2 black passports - I had one passport which had proximity sensor issues and had to replace it. When I got the replacement and compared both of their displays side by side I had some yellowish tinge to the white on the new one but had to settle with it as the proximity sensor was a bigger issue.....
    Sad that the passport "rated as one the best constructed BBs" has these issues.......
    12-23-14 05:59 AM
    This has to be addressed by BlackBerry. Sad that a flagship device has this issue.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 07:58 AM
    That's not something typically BlackBerry. Especially smartphone displays look very different, even when the same model. I think it mainly has to do with having different suppliers...

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 08:09 AM