Saw this thing in the store today and it looks beautiful. How's the screen lift issue on the red Passports? Are they less prone since the manufacturing process began later? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    07-30-15 09:43 AM
    I have read about it, but never seen any build issues with the red, or black passport. So I don't think it's a 'common' thing
    draculito likes this.
    07-30-15 11:38 AM
    Saw this thing in the store today and it looks beautiful. How's the screen lift issue on the red Passports? Are they less prone since the manufacturing process began later? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The only problem I have with my Red Passport is the thing is just too dam sexy! Everything about this thing, including the build quality is perfect.

Mike
    AYEBronze and draculito like this.
    07-30-15 12:07 PM
    Same as Mike. Big Red is 6 months old now and no problems or issues. No double typing, no lifting, no scratches, no paint chips......Damn sexy phone!

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 02:07 PM
    I had a red passport... I did not like the way it felt compared to the black Passport as it's harder and less grippy.

The screen was movable, particularly when hot. Threw it in the bin once the paint started flaking off the frame, even though it had been kept in the hard shell case.

My advice is that if you must buy a passport, get the black one.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 04:11 PM
    I had a red passport... I did not like the way it felt compared to the black Passport as it's harder and less grippy.

The screen was movable, particularly when hot. Threw it in the bin once the paint started flaking off the frame, even though it had been kept in the hard shell case.

My advice is that if you must buy a passport, get the black one.

Posted via CB10
    Not a fan of the Red Passport either, partially due to not wanting extra attention.
    I prefer the White or Gold BBP.
    07-30-15 04:17 PM
    ... not wanting extra attention...
    I prefer the -... Gold BBP.

ha ha ha .. .yea - of course - Gold BBP would make you transparent and just blend into the background where no one gives you any attention...
    07-30-15 04:35 PM
    ha ha ha .. .yea - of course - Gold BBP would make you transparent and just blend into the background where no one gives you any attention...
    The Black/Gold device is mainly Black
    with Gold in the BB Logo(rear) as well
    as on the side metal frame. Looks quite classy.

Red in general draws attention and being
    that's it's a kool-aid red, it doesn't help the cause...

No time for rubbish mate...Cheers!
    Last edited by nicky_willz; 08-01-15 at 10:25 AM.
    draculito likes this.
    07-30-15 04:46 PM
    Built like a tank is a phrase that comes to mind. I haven't had any issues, although have only had it for going on three weeks. It's all personal preference, but I just like the looks of the red. I wouldn't expect any difference in build quality between the different colors other than the black is more of a rubberized feel than the white or red.
    draculito likes this.
    07-31-15 02:49 PM
    Love the red Passport. Only had it since July 8, it takes some getting used to.. I have no case or screen protector or anything, but I can't lie and say it's not a solid phone.

You'll definitely get attention from strangers, but it's always good!

You'll love it. I hear they're on their last few batches of them too, so I'd grab one quick!

Posted via CB10
    draculito likes this.
    07-31-15 05:10 PM
    Love the red Passport. Only had it since July 8, it takes some getting used to.. I have no case or screen protector or anything, but I can't lie and say it's not a solid phone.

You'll definitely get attention from strangers, but it's always good!

You'll love it. I hear they're on their last few batches of them too, so I'd grab one quick!

Posted via CB10
    Few batches of the Red BBP
    or the Passport in general?
    08-01-15 10:26 AM
    Few batches of the Red BBP
    or the Passport in general?
    Few batches of red

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 04:56 PM
    I've had the red one since Feb... I haven't had any problems and have used the stilgut leather case.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 08:56 PM

The Black/Gold device is mainly Black
    with Gold in the BB Logo(rear) as well
    as on the side metal frame. Looks quite classy.

Red in general draws attention and being
    that's it's a kool-aid red, it doesn't help the cause...

No time for rubbish mate...Cheers!
    Yeah, the red looks pretty cheesy to me. I don't like it at all. I wish that they had released an all-black version with the black stainless steel hardware. I would have bought two.

That said, the red definitely has the better QC in my experience. Tight volume keys (unlike every Black Passport I've tried).
    Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 11:55 PM
    Ive had 2 Black Passports and 1 Red Passport.

The Black Passports seem better to me.i am sort of sensitive about keypad sounds,lock button sounds,volume button sounds and gap between lcd and bezel.

The Red Passport I got had a big gap between the lcd and bezel.

The Black Passport I had has almost no flaw.

But it happened to me,might be different out there.

Sent via my BlackBerryElite.
    08-02-15 12:36 AM