I'm trying to recover some deleted files, didn't really have issues with BB7, but upgraded and facing a huge headache.

Older blackberries (pre BB10) showed up as a device on "My computer" in windows 7, this also allowed any (of the very many) free and paid deleted file recovery programs to work.

However now when I plug in this new phone it shows as a "Network Location". None of the recover programs recognize the blackberry device or SD card as a device or drive so I cannot recover deleted files. I've tried about half a dozen programs and while they work with BB7 devices (because it shows up as a device/drive on "My computer") they do not recognize or "scan" Network locations so I can't recover anything with my passport.

So I'm not sure what I can do, it seems nearly every recovery program doesn't scan or recover files from "Network Locations".

If there is any way to fix this I would appreciate the advice.
    04-08-15 01:31 AM
    None of the recover programs recognize the blackberry device or SD card as a device or drive so I cannot recover deleted files.
    The microSD card can be removed from the device and placed in adapter (supplied or purchased) and inserted in a reader or direct to PC/Mac if yours support media readers and accessed as any other media card.
    Can't help with anything stored on the BB10 internal storage however.
    04-08-15 03:37 AM
    You could turn on Mass storage mode, and the SE card would display as a removing device.
    I don't know any way to change how the flash memory connects.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 04:44 AM
    The SD card is pretty straight forward, but accessing the internal memory is what I really need and it doesn't seem like it can be done. Although it was possible with the older models.
    04-08-15 01:19 PM