Hi. Anyone using an app to record calls on the PP?

I have tried Phone Call Recorder, but the files produced are a clippy mess and playback about five times too fast.

Any working?

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 06:18 AM
    Native app Parot
    jupiter8 likes this.
    12-19-14 07:41 AM
    I found that Call Recorder Pro by Croom Soft is the best one running on OS 10.3.1~

Got all the function that the app should hv, and maybe the only one can record the voice from the other side.
    12-19-14 08:21 AM
    Thanks for these, am trying them out. Since noticed that the festive giveaway also has one also called Phone Tap - Call Blocker.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 09:54 AM
    Parrot works good for me and it's headless

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 10:03 AM
    Waah! Nothing works, all I have been able to record has been a garbled mess.

Anything daft that I could have done to cause this?

May be I should RMA?

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 06:15 AM
    Also, I left the phone in my pocket, and now it is shaped like a pretzel.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 09:01 AM
    Waah! Nothing works, all I have been able to record has been a garbled mess.

Anything daft that I could have done to cause this?

May be I should RMA?

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried my Call Recorder PRO?

Call Recorder Pro - BlackBerry World

It works very well on the Passport without the speakerphone. The only problem it is not headless.
    12-21-14 09:30 AM
    Have you tried my Call Recorder PRO?

Call Recorder Pro - BlackBerry World

It works very well on the Passport without the speakerphone. The only problem it is not headless.
    Parrot hasn't been working for me for a while. I'd like to switch to your app, but I need it to be headless. Reading the reviews it seems it used to be headless and there is conflicting information on it needing to use the speakerphone. Could you clarify these issues, and specifically when you expect the app to be headless again?

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 02:48 PM
    I'm really interested to hear about a working app for the Passport. I really, really need to have one for work as a cover-my-a$$ policy. It was almost a month with the Passport before I checked the recordings to find that they were all garbled. The ones from my Z30 & Z10 were clear as a bell.

So far I've tried Phone Recorder, Call Recorder Pro, Parrot, and Record My Calls. The first three made garbled, unintelligible recordings. The last one may have worked, but there was no volume on playback, so I'll never know.

Any Devs reading this? I love my Passport, and I'll pay good money for a headless phone recording app that works on it!
    12-23-14 10:24 AM
    I'm really interested to hear about a working app for the Passport. I really, really need to have one for work as a cover-my-a$$ policy. It was almost a month with the Passport before I checked the recordings to find that they were all garbled. The ones from my Z30 & Z10 were clear as a bell.

So far I've tried Phone Recorder, Call Recorder Pro, Parrot, and Record My Calls. The first three made garbled, unintelligible recordings. The last one may have worked, but there was no volume on playback, so I'll never know.

Any Devs reading this? I love my Passport, and I'll pay good money for a headless phone recording app that works on it!
    The Parrot app developer said that there is a bug in the API of BlackBerry 10.3 and up that hasn't been addressed and is preventing recording phonecalls. Parrot records, but the recording is silent. I thought it was just me, but every device and every 10.3+ OS I've tried is the same problem.

I don't have any more detail than that.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 10:52 AM
    The Parrot app developer said that there is a bug in the API of BlackBerry 10.3 and up that hasn't been addressed and is preventing recording phonecalls. Parrot records, but the recording is silent. I thought it was just me, but every device and every 10.3+ OS I've tried is the same problem.

I don't have any more detail than that.

Posted via CB10
    Good to know! That would explain why nothing seems to be working quite right.

Anyone know if they're working to fix it?

Posted via PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 on CB10!
    12-23-14 02:44 PM
    It's weird for me!
    I use parrot and works great if you leave the notifications on but I don't want any led's and pop up massages!! As soon as I switch the notification of it records but without sound ????
    I have to say, the recording is very very good when it works

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 03:03 PM
    It's weird for me!
    I use parrot and works great if you leave the notifications on but I don't want any led's and pop up massages!! As soon as I switch the notification of it records but without sound ????
    I have to say, the recording is very very good when it works

Posted via CB10
    Wait, you're running a Passport, and you're getting good recordings from Parrot? How are you doing this?!

12-23-14 03:19 PM
    Wait, you're running a Passport, and you're getting good recordings from Parrot? How are you doing this?!

I'm using Parrot on my Passport and it's working great. Are you suggesting there is an issue with this combo?

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 03:36 PM
    I'm using Parrot on my Passport and it's working great. Are you suggesting there is an issue with this combo?

Posted via CB10
    IT WORKS WITHOUT SPEAKERPHONE!!!

Holy friggin' crap!

I was trying it with speakerphone on, because that's the only way I've ever known any of the phone recording apps to work. I was only getting garbled trash for recordings. Just using the phone normally, the recordings are cystal clear and awesome!

Not only that, but while I was messing around in the settings, I read that they plan to add phone number/caller name to file names in the future. This is such fantastic news. Thanks, Jupiter 8!

Now, please excuse me while I send the them a mushy feedback email, then head over to BlackBerry World to sign off on a 5-star review!

12-23-14 04:30 PM
    Wait, wait, wait.

3 garbled recordings in a row from incoming calls. Further investigation in progress....

Update:

OK, it seems that notifications need to be ON in the app settings, and you can't have headphones plugged in. I would imagine it means that anything plugged into the headphone jack will result in a garbage recording. Haven't tried Bluetooth, yet. Anyone else want to chime in?

Last edited by BCLoco; 12-23-14 at 05:13 PM.
    12-23-14 04:56 PM