Today i visited bb service centre which is provided by hcl infosystems all over india regarding my passport rebooting issue they submitted device and said they will send to bangalore and it will take minimum one month time to get it back. upto this point i was okay but then they told me they wont provide any repair sevices after one year period i.e after warranty.

they said as hcl is providing services so they will not repair any phone after warranty period even when customer is paying for the repair. i mean this is not how it works never seen any brand doing such a thing.. We are out of luck if anything happens after 365 days of buying phone. blackberry will not repair phone after 1 year if i had known this thing i would have never bought passport..

We buy 50k worth of phone and bb is not even providing services if anything happens after 1 year, It goes into dustbin or you will go to some grey market shop .. this is just pathetic. i vow to never buy bb again ever.. I think i did make a mistake buying another blackberry..
    anwar saeed1 likes this.
    02-09-15 03:58 AM
    Did you go through Redington ? I had taken my phone to a redington recommended service centre here in Bangalore to show the screen lifting issue and all I saw was HTC boards and signage there. BlackBerry really need to do something if they need to stay relevant here.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-15 04:15 AM
    Did you go through Redington ? I had taken my phone to a redington recommended service centre here in Bangalore to show the screen lifting issue and all I saw was HTC boards and signage there. BlackBerry really need to do something if they need to stay relevant here.

Posted via CB10
    Main point here is what happens after 1 year of handset.
    blackberry site says service through hcl not redington..
    02-09-15 04:16 AM
    Manufactures warranty is always 1 year, depending on your local warranty policies. After 1 year, you pay for repair or replace. Just like the rest of the world, or most of the world as it seems.
    02-09-15 07:37 AM
    1 year warranty is alright but what trouble people here is the state of total anarchy and denial of service even if YOU ARE WILLING TO PAY FOR THEM. Even if such payments for service are to surpass the original cost of device and you are still willing to pay, nada. They simply shrug off saying you can keep your money with you, we are not going to provide any service, period.
    Ankit try redington India, if nothing works, get hold of some sales head of a territory and rub his nose into Design Act and make him understand if BB India or any phone brand is selling more then 50 pieces to end user; its the responsibility of that Co to provide 'paid service' and parts replacement at cost for at-least 3 years from the date when last piece of a particular device was sold. Not doing that, they are open to litigation by end user/customer under Monopoly and Restrictive Trade Practice Act wherein fines are heavy.
    This advice usually make the legal department stand up real quick and take notice. I got Sony India to give me a fresh device they probably dug up from parts bin but never they could deny on record that they WILL NOT listen to customer after 1 year. Of course I paid nearly as much as original price for and old model but sometime its not about price.
    boi2012 likes this.
    02-09-15 08:00 AM
    I guess strange things only happen in India, eh?
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    02-09-15 08:03 AM
    1 year warranty is alright but what trouble people here is the state of total anarchy and denial of service even if YOU ARE WILLING TO PAY FOR THEM. Even if such payments for service are to surpass the original cost of device and you are still willing to pay, nada. They simply shrug off saying you can keep your money with you, we are not going to provide any service, period.
    Ankit try redington India, if nothing works, get hold of some sales head of a territory and rub his nose into Design Act and make him understand if BB India or any phone brand is selling more then 50 pieces to end user; its the responsibility of that Co to provide 'paid service' and parts replacement at cost for at-least 3 years from the date when last piece of a particular device was sold. Not doing that, they are open to litigation by end user/customer under Monopoly and Restrictive Trade Practice Act wherein fines are heavy.
    This advice usually make the legal department stand up real quick and take notice. I got Sony India to give me a fresh device they probably dug up from parts bin but never they could deny on record that they WILL NOT listen to customer after 1 year. Of course I paid nearly as much as original price for and old model but sometime its not about price.
    currently i m 1 year away from that part but i would surely read that act and i dont even know how to contact bb india no numbers no mail nothing is there
    02-09-15 08:13 AM
    I wonder how many people have suffered from this illogical practice and i have not been able to dig up anything about it on google ... today during my time at centre when they were checking for any liquid in motherboard to see if its not physically damaged lol... they denied 4 5 people by saying that its out of warranty and they will not repair it and you should go out in market looking or shopkeepers who can repair it for you.. noone raised issue and cant understand what is logic benhind this of blackberry that was just utter nonsense..
    02-09-15 08:20 AM
    I'm lucky I never face problem in any of my BlackBerry device. But in Patna authorised service centre are doing well. But if they don't do i have many options here due to some good independent service centre. But I can't resist myself to buy BlackBerry devices after reading this article.

Via aTrueBbLover's-ZtEn
    02-09-15 08:23 AM
    I'm lucky I never face problem in any of my BlackBerry device. But in Patna authorised service centre are doing well. But if they don't do i have many options here due to some good independent service centre. But I can't resist myself to buy BlackBerry devices after reading this article.

Via aTrueBbLover's-ZtEn
    Oh good. If I face an issue here in Karachi, I can send it over to my maternal aunt in Patna XD

Repair issue is worse here.
    Abrar0z likes this.
    02-09-15 08:34 AM
    But, at least paid services have to provided. If company only want to sell product and don't give proper service then it is big mistake made by them. India has large number of BlackBerry customer. They really have to think about it.

Via aTrueBbLover's-ZtEn
    02-09-15 08:39 AM

Via aTrueBbLover's-ZtEn
    I have also not faced any issue because i am currently into very first month of 1 year of warranty period.. what i was saying was what happens when you cross that 1 year period or get any physical damage within 1 year..

suppose u break screen of your phone and you approach service centre expecting they will replace the screen for payment but that option is stripped off because that part will be out of warranty and you r left with nothing so my dear friend look at this closely this is big issue..
    02-09-15 08:41 AM
    The hours of your life spent fretting about this, and trying to deal with warranties is much more valuable than simply buying a replacement.

I know it seems like a lot of money, but,.. when you put it into perspective, your troubles contacting them, the time waiting for a repair without a device, the time posting here complaining, etc. probably cost you more.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-15 08:41 AM
    Who told you that repair shops don't work? Blame the people in your country for not starting one. Or sell broken on ebay and buy another. Why waste time and cry?

Posted from a Z30. Get one!
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    02-09-15 08:42 AM
    After one year, the cost to repair almost anything would exceed the cost of the phone...
    thedose and Umaima_B_Dia like this.
    02-09-15 08:43 AM
    Who told you that repair shops don't work? Blame the people in your country for not starting one. Or sell broken on ebay and buy another. Why waste time and cry?

Posted from a Z30. Get one!
    I always blame the people in my country
    02-09-15 08:48 AM
    I don't know about bangalore but they do in bhubaneswar... BlackBerry service centers in india is pathetic. I faced many problems in chennai service center. Hope they do something about it.

Posted via BlackBerry z10
    02-09-15 08:51 AM
    Here in the UK 1 year manufacturer's warranty doesn't anything as we has eu consumer law which states any item bought in a EU listed territory has a minimum of 2 years warranty. The key word is minimum. I uderstand all the OPS gripes however I don't know if it all makes since this guy is talking about after 1 year passport came out in September 2014. And try fixing you're iPhone if it isn't the latest model out

@ZEDTROSPEKTIV Via BlackBerry Passport, previous Z10
    02-09-15 08:55 AM
    2 years in the EU by law...

A friend recently took a broken iphone4 to a us apple store & it was fixed while he waited in a few minutes...

Manufactures warranty is always 1 year, depending on your local warranty policies. After 1 year, you pay for repair or replace. Just like the rest of the world, or most of the world as it seems.
    02-09-15 09:30 AM
    1 year warranty is standard with ANYTHING you buy not just mobile phones ..............and that goes for iphones as well so you have not been ripped off
    02-09-15 09:33 AM
    That's how most places are.

In Canada for example, if you have an iPhone and dent your phone casing for example, they will not replace it even if you're willing to pay. Same goes with BlackBerry.

Ridiculous but it is what it is.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-15 09:34 AM
    Device repairs is misleading. This is just parts replacement. If Jim-Bob at a local repair store can order your screen or whatever it is to replace your phone what does it matter that it is not Reddington or whom ever? Seriously. After the 1 yr warranty, my 4 yrs old can probably do this repair watching Youtube. Why is it a big deal?
    02-09-15 09:46 AM
    Here in the UK 1 year manufacturer's warranty doesn't anything as we has eu consumer law which states any item bought in a EU listed territory has a minimum of 2 years warranty. The key word is minimum. I uderstand all the OPS gripes however I don't know if it all makes since this guy is talking about after 1 year passport came out in September 2014. And try fixing you're iPhone if it isn't the latest model out

@ZEDTROSPEKTIV Via BlackBerry Passport, previous Z10
    I am not talking about passport if u cud have read i said i m just first month in dat 1 year warranty period . i was talking about general what i got to know today..
    02-09-15 10:18 AM
    Yeah, it's stupid they won't do the repairs when you the customer is paying out of pocket. Why they're turning away the extra revenue makes no sense. If they're good enough to be designated the official repair service, they could even charge extra over other post-warranty repair centers, and people may justify the higher price as a result of better workmanship/quality, etc.

To not provide post-warranty care, I see this more as an HCL decision, not something BB could make them do.
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    02-09-15 11:00 AM
    The last time I checked, the authorised service centre for BlackBerry in India is Redington and as far as I'm aware they do repairs even after the warranty is void.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-15 11:44 AM
53 123