BB sent me a Passport promo email. No doubt many here will bee seeing it. Too bad I can't use a Passport on my carrier. (Verizon)
    Received Passport promo email-img_20140926_141358.png
    09-26-14 01:16 PM
    I have been with BlackBerry for a long time as I have with Verizon. It is hard to believe that at least one of them would not insure the Passport is offered to all of us that have been long term customers!!
    AT&T does not have the coverage or professional support as Verizon and there is no other mobile phone that can hold a candle to BlackBerry.
    It is a Sad Day.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 01:25 PM
    Yes, rssZ30, you are right. I'm locked into Verizon more so then BB. My company buys me my phone (any phone I choose), and pays for the service. They use Verizon for the coverage, and are not gonna change carriers for the one guy in the company who still uses BB and wants a Passport.

I got a Z10, and then upgraded to a Z30 as soon as they came to Verizon. I can pretty much get upgrade pricing anytime I want, because we have a lot of devices and there always seems to be upgrades available on some of them that I can "steal".

I like the earnings report, as BB seems to be progressing on John Chen's schedule. I expect and hope that BB will eventually be seen as stable, and maybe even relevant. Then maybe BB can shore things up with Verizon. In the short term though, I'm afraid BB will not be having an easy time with US carriers.

They need a run of phones selling in at least moderately reasonable numbers in order to get US carriers to pay attention again - or for some important (BIG) Verizon customers to make it clear that they are interested in BB products.

As much as I love my Z30 - and I really do - I have the psychological feeling of being on a dead end for the time being. Wherever I am supposed to move from here, no one has any idea at this time.

I don't really NEED to upgrade right now, but I'm not usually one to wait. I like upgrading when there is something newer and better, and my company affords me that luxury - until now, that is.
    09-26-14 01:59 PM
    Yup, just got the same one today.
    09-26-14 02:14 PM