Having the exact same issue with my Passport that's less than a year old... Just got out of the ATT shop, and they tried a couple brand new sims, all were detected by the phone, and gave me full bars of LTE service for a minute or so, then it went back to "Emergency Call Only".

I guess I just need to shoot Blackberry an email, the trouble is that I purchased mine unlocked through a 3rd party seller on Amazon. (Wireless Place).

Am I just out of luck because I didn't buy through ShopBB?? I've already tried the Engagement Web Form, and been denied assistance there. I'm about to just send a message to the seller through Amazon.com asking for assistance and linking this thread lol
    Last edited by Owlex44; 05-31-16 at 06:44 PM.
    05-31-16 06:19 PM
    The seller could possibly provide you with a fraudulent or defect phone.

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    06-01-16 12:40 PM
    The seller could possibly provide you with a fraudulent or defect phone.

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    I don't think he bought a fraudulent phone! Mine worked flawlessly for exactly 2 years.

I think it is a hardware issue with the antenna. I was riding in a high speed train and the phone had problems switching to flight mode. After I rebooted, it worked.

When I got off the train and switched off flight mode, it wasn't possible to get coverage.

Sim is detected, but emergency calls only.

Seems to be a widespread problem, BlackBerry must be aware of it!

Posted via CB10
    06-01-16 04:37 PM
    Sent my Passport back to place I purchased it from, after a few weeks they tell me its beyond repair and have given me a full refund in the form of a voucher to buy something else. Such a shame. RIP Passport
    06-09-16 05:01 AM
    I am having the same issue and was hoping the 10.3.3 would fix it. Alas, it shows my carrier by sim, I have tried many and they show under mobile network, but emergency calls only. Arggh.
    12-01-16 02:59 PM
    Rather than starting a new thread this one seems relevant...

Suddenly, my phone picks up network signal (h+, 3g, 4g (note lower case!)) but doesn't connect to the BlackBerry server with the logo and 3G, 4G etc..

When on wifi, the BlackBerry logo appears and all seems fine...

I've hard, soft rebooted, turned network on/off, removed sim etc nothing has worked.

Owned phone for a year with no issues....

Posted via CB10 - 9900 -Playbook- Q10 - Passport SE (1) - Passport SE (2)
    12-20-16 12:41 AM
    Sad to say,but I experienced this several months ago. I posted it here in the forums...no solution to the issue. Gave android a go using a Lenovo A7000-a...it was not a good experience. I missed my passport. But did not want to spend all that cash to have the same issue. I bought a brand new z30. It's ok. I really miss my passport as my daily driver. Now it is just a glorified tablet of sorts. I pray that a solution will eventually come out. All we can do is probably just wait till forever. LoL.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-16 06:37 AM
32 12