After moving from Passport to Priv because of necessary apps, I am really starting to miss my Passport. The function, the battery life, the amazing keyboard, the list goes on. The only thing holding me back was app support, just like most people.
    Anyone else really missing the Passport experience after moving to another platform?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    BerrySoul likes this.
    08-06-16 02:23 PM
    Use the Web browser...works really really great...better than apps

Posted via CB10
    08-06-16 02:34 PM
    Using the Passport a little over a month, I am not considering another device or OS to be my primary communications hub until something else as secure comes along that is as well put together as this. If it means carrying two phones to have apps, so be it. I bought the DTEK 50 for the exclusive reason of having a much more secure OS environment than is available from all other vendors.

Never used two phones before myself, but I am not fretting about it.

If you really like the Passport and BB10 experience enough, take the hit and use two phones?

Posted via CB10
    08-06-16 02:35 PM
    I keep flip flopping between both. I actually like the keyboard feel on the Priv better than the Passport OG....but the Passport feels more productive and fluid. I also love the Amoled screen, smaller form factor and apps on the Priv. I want to switch the Passport OG for an SE and make one final determination!

08-06-16 03:39 PM
    Using my Passport SE and PRIV at the same with a duplicate SIM. So one day take one or the other and do not miss calls. Enjoy both of them a lot and like that with PRIV all the apps are there and they work perfectly with constant updates.

Posted via PRIV and or Passport SE
    08-06-16 04:41 PM
    Right now I am unemployed. I was extremely frugal with the severance package I got with the exception of buying a Sony Xperia. So, in the last month with not much to do and no one really to communicate with, I've been doing alright with my Xperia. I'm loving it because I've thrown myself into getting fit while it's summer and I have the time, and it's oh so nice to enjoy the great outdoors, and it's oh so nice to have a full host of working fitness apps. Been doing a lot of walking, now obsessed with logging everything in ResQWalk.

However, the few times I've found myself in the middle of several conversations at once, I see how much I miss my Passport. When I have to deal with email I miss my Passport. When it's important to type quickly without error I miss my Passport.

This leads me to the conclusion that when I find a new job and my priority for the day is not seeing how many calories I can burn in between mowing the lawn and weeding the garden, the SIM is probably going back in my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-16 11:56 PM
    Using my Passport SE and PRIV at the same with a duplicate SIM. So one day take one or the other and do not miss calls. Enjoy both of them a lot and like that with PRIV all the apps are there and they work perfectly with constant updates.

What's a duplicate sim? Like same number on both sim cards? How did you get this?

Posted via CB10
    08-07-16 01:01 AM
    What's a duplicate sim? Like same number on both sim cards? How did you get this?

Posted via CB10
    Yes. Both my Passport SE and PRIV have the Sim with same number. It's called Duplicate SIM so when a call comes it rings on both. Basically have duplicated emails and apps on both so do not miss on anything. Except on PRIV the android apps work better. But use of them as really like and Passport SE and also my PRIV. No need here to swap Sims at all. Got this from Vodafone Spain.

08-07-16 01:33 AM
    Yes. Both my Passport SE and PRIV have the Sim with same number. It's called Duplicate SIM so when a call comes it rings on both. Basically have duplicated emails and apps on both so do not miss on anything. Except on PRIV the android apps work better. But use of them as really like and Passport SE and also my PRIV. No need here to swap Sims at all. Got this from Vodafone Spain.

Wow that's so cool. I'm going to call my carrier in the states here and see if I can do that. I knew about dual sim phones but had no idea you could get two sims with the same number. I have the Passport and a Classic and Z30 and am always swapping my sim out.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-16 02:17 AM
    Have a Passport and two other, no actually 3 other devices and would love to have a duplicate sim, but my carrier does not support this anymore.

Anyway to get a duplicate sim made elsewhere???

Posted via CB10
    08-07-16 03:06 AM
    Nope, because i never want the crapdroid Priv. So i bought another Passport SE as a backup!

Posted via CB10
    08-08-16 05:01 PM
    Use the Web browser...works really really great...better than apps

Posted via CB10
    Eh, wrong! Many sites are now identifying BlackBerry 10 browsers are old and not supported. Bloomberg is one example.

 P A S S P O R T | O.G. Fish!
    08-10-16 09:01 AM
    I don't really like Android so when I got my first Priv, I sold it in two days. And then I got my second Priv, trying to figure out how the hell apps are so important, and then I sold it again. I am running with my officially third Passport with the first one losing its signal and the second one crashed on the wall. Still in love with Passport.

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    08-10-16 09:51 AM
    After moving from Passport to Priv because of necessary apps, I am really starting to miss my Passport. The function, the battery life, the amazing keyboard, the list goes on. The only thing holding me back was app support, just like most people.
    Anyone else really missing the Passport experience after moving to another platform?

I feel your pain! When the facebook fiasco of 2016 occured, I returned my passport as I needed to have the fb messenger coming into the hub for my phone to be functional. Or so I thought. I moved to an iPhone 6 and while, I'm not unhappy with that device, there are many things that bug the hell out of me about that phone. It had me longing for the Passport. So I caved, and purchased one on ebay. Now, wait....
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    08-10-16 12:36 PM
    Same here.... The only thing I really, really like on the Priv is the outstanding camera.
    Really hope that 10.3.3 contains at least a browser update - then I will switch back for sure.

08-10-16 12:41 PM
    Nope, because i never want the crapdroid Priv. So i bought another Passport SE as a backup!

Posted via CB10
    Why do you call it "crapdroid"? Have you used the Priv?

Posted via CB10
    08-10-16 01:22 PM
    Why do you call it "crapdroid"? Have you used the Priv?

Posted via CB10
    Priv is okay, better than lots of other android devices loaded with bloatware... but try a OnePlus with Oxygen or Synogenmod.... Also a cool android experience.

BB10 ist still more fluid and imho the much better productivity device....

ratfinkstooley and andy957 like this.
    08-10-16 02:48 PM
    Same here.... The only thing I really, really like on the Priv is the outstanding camera.
    Really hope that 10.3.3 contains at least a browser update - then I will switch back for sure.

Looks like 10.3.3 will be security update based

08-10-16 03:45 PM
    Looks like 10.3.3 will be security update based

That's exactly what WAS Promised!

 P A S S P O R T | O.G. Fish!
    08-10-16 06:51 PM
    How does the dtek battery compare with the passport. Anywhere close?

Posted via CB10
    08-10-16 10:28 PM

Posted via CB10
    Fanboy rant... as usual.

*A3-A20
    andy957 likes this.
    08-11-16 12:06 AM
    Right now I am unemployed. I was extremely frugal with the severance package I got with the exception of buying a Sony Xperia. So, in the last month with not much to do and no one really to communicate with, I've been doing alright with my Xperia. I'm loving it because I've thrown myself into getting fit while it's summer and I have the time, and it's oh so nice to enjoy the great outdoors, and it's oh so nice to have a full host of working fitness apps. Been doing a lot of walking, now obsessed with logging everything in ResQWalk.

However, the few times I've found myself in the middle of several conversations at once, I see how much I miss my Passport. When I have to deal with email I miss my Passport. When it's important to type quickly without error I miss my Passport.

This leads me to the conclusion that when I find a new job and my priority for the day is not seeing how many calories I can burn in between mowing the lawn and weeding the garden, the SIM is probably going back in my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Good for you get ready for your next step UP! I have Sony products all around me. You won't find me on their phones. Tablets yes, the z3 is a nice 8 inch tab.

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    08-11-16 12:21 PM
    before jumping to the PRIV i used to use the OG Passport (SQW-1) as my daily driver. honestly, i love that phone. the battery life is amazing! my reasons to why i had to jump to the PRIV are:
    - the form factor: yeah it's kinda "unique" but most of the time it's a bit nuisance in my pocket particularly if i'm wearing the jeans
    - the "pocket screen wake up" really frustrates me if i put the phone with the screen facing the skin in my pocket. hence, i have to put my phone with the back facing the screen, but it will be a nuisance when taking calls on that position as most of the time, i'd touch the "silence" button or even accidentally tap the "end call" and i end up in having to call the person back because of that mess
    - the app gap: yeah, i can't deny. no FB support, stagnant Twitter support, (currently) no WhatsApp support and the BBM has been way overdue, even the Android version of BBM is more stylish
    - (a bit lower) reception capability: not too sure if this is due to the antenna position or the antenna performance itself BUT after jumping to the PRIV, i made some comparisons (also with other phones) and i conclude that MOST of the time, the Passport LACKS the reception

but, i love the battery, i love the lag/stutter-free and if WhatsApp has reconsidered NOT to leave BB10, i might would like to consider picking my Passport as dual wielding...
    08-12-16 05:20 AM
    before jumping to the PRIV i used to use the OG Passport (SQW-1) as my daily driver. honestly, i love that phone. the battery life is amazing! my reasons to why i had to jump to the PRIV are:
    - the form factor: yeah it's kinda "unique" but most of the time it's a bit nuisance in my pocket particularly if i'm wearing the jeans
    - the "pocket screen wake up" really frustrates me if i put the phone with the screen facing the skin in my pocket. hence, i have to put my phone with the back facing the screen, but it will be a nuisance when taking calls on that position as most of the time, i'd touch the "silence" button or even accidentally tap the "end call" and i end up in having to call the person back because of that mess
    - the app gap: yeah, i can't deny. no FB support, stagnant Twitter support, (currently) no WhatsApp support and the BBM has been way overdue, even the Android version of BBM is more stylish
    - (a bit lower) reception capability: not too sure if this is due to the antenna position or the antenna performance itself BUT after jumping to the PRIV, i made some comparisons (also with other phones) and i conclude that MOST of the time, the Passport LACKS the reception

but, i love the battery, i love the lag/stutter-free and if WhatsApp has reconsidered NOT to leave BB10, i might would like to consider picking my Passport as dual wielding...
    Well two of your major issues can be solved-

1. You can use 'pocketsafe' app by cellninja to prevent pocket dial/pocket screen wake up.

2. In your 'Phone' app settings you can enable the call screen option 'tap anywhere to silence ringer'. Then you won't need to tap the silence button and you can prevent that accidental 'end call'.

So get back on that lovely passport and enjoy.

Posted via The Black Beast-  P A S S P O R T | OG
    08-12-16 06:15 AM
    I moved from apple iphone to passport because of the blackberry os system, app is not necessary a problem for me as i can always find something to substitute with. the most important thing is the battery life and the keyboard.
    08-12-16 07:59 AM
26 12