Do you all think that readability will still be superior on the Passport than on the KeyONE? The wide screen of the Passport is the best reading device that I have ever used, and the candybar format of the KeyONE seems to make it as readable as pretty much any other candybar-type of phone out there.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-17 08:52 PM
    Definitely the Passport will be superior in many ways, including readability. Honestly, the only advantage the KeyONE has is access to more apps. But to be totally honest, I haven't found an app on Cobalts Play Store on my Passport that I absolutely have to have that doesn't work properly. I see no reason to leave the Passport anytime soon. Only thing is, I'd like to replace the battery but damn they're expensive.

Posted via CB10
    dmlis likes this.
    02-28-17 09:34 PM
    Definitely the Passport will be superior in many ways, including readability. Honestly, the only advantage the KeyONE has is access to more apps. But to be totally honest, I haven't found an app on Cobalts Play Store on my Passport that I absolutely have to have that doesn't work properly. I see no reason to leave the Passport anytime soon. Only thing is, I'd like to replace the battery but damn they're expensive.

Posted via CB10
    Bingo! Same here. The battery is quite expensive. Or else, I would have changed it asap.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-17 10:54 PM
    Do you all think that readability will still be superior on the Passport than on the KeyONE? The wide screen of the Passport is the best reading device that I have ever used, and the candybar format of the KeyONE seems to make it as readable as pretty much any other candybar-type of phone out there.

Posted via CB10
    Keep using your Passport, is what I suggest. Check K1 if it is available in shop later in April/May. I think readability is still Passport thing. K1 should be more handy and yes, contains a lot of apps.

Posted through my  Z30
    03-01-17 03:15 AM
    I think the readability on the Passport can't be beat.
    03-01-17 02:22 PM
    I think the readability on the Passport can't be beat.
    Totally agreed. Perfect on the wide screen!

Posted via CB10
    03-01-17 03:07 PM
    Yes. Passport is the winner here.

# soon, later, later this year, fiscal year, commitment,...blablabla ~J.BlaBla Chen
    03-01-17 03:25 PM
    Yes. Passport is the winner here.

# soon, later, later this year, fiscal year, commitment,...blablabla ~J.BlaBla Chen
    I think the Passport wins in pretty much all categories except for access to apps. Passport has a better screen, arguably better processor, same RAM, same internal storage, almost equal battery (But Passport will be better due to BB10 efficiency), Passport has Slimport and I can almost guarantee the Passport will have better speakers. KeyONE may have a better camera but that remains to be seen.

And the winner is: BlackBerry Passport.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-17 03:50 PM
    Passport has a better screen, arguably better processor...
    How do you argue that Passport has a better processor?

Posted via CB10
    03-01-17 04:21 PM

Posted via CB10
    Maybe he just compared the numbers. 801 > 625. Definitely not a good way to compare processors.

Posted through my  Z30
    raqball likes this.
    03-01-17 04:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    801 is higher than 625.... duhhhh LOL

Posted via CB10
    03-01-17 05:18 PM
    CPU on Passport is obviously 176 better. Simple math.

Camera on Mercury will undoubtedly be better. Passport has better name. (Whassup with these terrible BlackBerry Android names...Priv, DTek, KeyOne... unbelievable BlackBerry marketing) .

OS better on Passport. More Apps on Mercury.

Which one has the better keyboard remains unknown.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-17 10:02 PM
    The Passport definitely has the upper hand when it comes to readability.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-17 09:04 AM
    The 625 on the K1 is better than the SD 808 and close to the SD 820. It's also not that far behind the SD 821.. The K1 processor will demolish the SD 801 in PP..

Readability will be better on the PP though just because of screen size.. Which OS is better? That's a matter of preference. I like them both but BB10 is getting a little long in the tooth.. Android will offer more apps if that's someones thing..

My .02
    03-02-17 09:16 AM
    Why would readability on K1 not be better, in landscape mode? I have two Passports, OG and SE. Love the format, but, I miss one handed typing at times, and there are a lot of publications that don't do well or are difficult to get for BB10.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-17 09:38 AM
    The 625 on the K1 is better than the SD 808 and close to the SD 820. It's also not that far behind the SD 821.. The K1 processor will demolish the SD 801 in PP..
    This is just patently not true. I'm not saying that the 625 is a slouch, but SnapDragon is no going to make their mid-tier processor comparable to their top-tier (since the 835 isn't out yet). It does certain things differently (like power management), but it makes concessions in other places (let's see how many frames are dropped in a graphics intensive game).

The 625 could be WAY better than the 801 is in the Passport, but there us no reason to make the 625 sound better than it is. It is cheaper than the other processors for a reason.
    03-02-17 10:33 AM
    This is just patently not true. I'm not saying that the 625 is a slouch, but SnapDragon is no going to make their mid-tier processor comparable to their top-tier (since the 835 isn't out yet). It does certain things differently (like power management), but it makes concessions in other places (let's see how many frames are dropped in a graphics intensive game).

The 625 could be WAY better than the 801 is in the Passport, but there us no reason to make the 625 sound better than it is. It is cheaper than the other processors for a reason.
    Maybe you need to hone your research skills? It most certainly is true unless you don't want it to be that is... The 625 is NOT intended for gaming.. There is a difference in what SD processors are intended for.. The 820 gets hot and has terrible battery life. In some areas (games) is it better than the 625? sure, but in in other areas it's not.. Research and learn before claiming a statement 'is just patently not true' please..

Benchmarks test different areas. Look at what the phone intended usage is and compare the relevant stats to it's usage case.. The 625 is a beast for what it's intended use is for..
    Last edited by raqball; 03-02-17 at 10:46 AM.
    03-02-17 10:35 AM
    Maybe you need to hone your research skills? It most certainly is true unless you don't want it to be that is... The 625 is NOT intended for gaming.. There is a difference in what SD processors are intended for.. The 820 gets hot and has terrible battery life. In some areas (games) is it better than the 625? sure, but in in other areas it's not.. Research and learn before claiming a statement 'is just patently not true' please..

Benchmarks test different areas. Look at what the phone intended usage is and compare the relevant stats to it's usage case.. The 625 is a beast for what it's intended use is for..
    Yeah...you basically just repeated what I said.

My point was, just because it is better at power management, does not make it BETTER than other processors. It is not better at resource heavy tasks, which most people would consider paramount in determining the value of a processor.

It sounds like you meant to say that it is the best processor for YOU.
    03-02-17 10:57 AM
    It sounds like you meant to say that it is the best processor for YOU.
    Nope..........

It's the best processor for what it was designed for.. The KEYone was made for a segment of the market and the 625 fits that segment.. If you want a gaming phone, the K1 is NOT it....
    03-02-17 11:08 AM
    Nope..........

It's the best processor for what it was designed for.. The KEYone was made for a segment of the market and the 625 fits that segment.. If you want a gaming phone, the K1 is NOT it....
    I'm still not entirely sure what you are using as your criteria of a good processor. You started your rant by saying the 625 was almost as good as the 820, then later said that the 820 has poor battery life and overheats.

When a processor lacks power, but is paired with a phone whose users probably won't need power, it doesn't make it the 'perfect processor'. It just means that the processor's shortcomings may not be obvious to many of the users of that phone.

I like the looks of the KEYone, and am considering getting one. A powerhouse processor doesn't really concern me. I just don't think we should pretend that the 625 is more than it is. It was picked because it is great on battery drain and it is a cheaper chip.
    03-02-17 06:16 PM
    I'm still not entirely sure what you are using as your criteria of a good processor. You started your rant by saying the 625 was almost as good as the 820, then later said that the 820 has poor battery life and overheats.
    My rant? LOLOLOL

I simply corrected your 100% false statement... You started this by trying, and failing, to sound smart with the false statement of ---> "This is just patently not true"... My statement was 100% correct.. Like I said, do a little research next time before making BOGUS comments..

I generally don't respond to KB commandos so I'll leave it there.. Have a nice day...
    03-02-17 07:44 PM
    Why would readability on K1 not be better, in landscape mode? I have two Passports, OG and SE. Love the format, but, I miss one handed typing at times, and there are a lot of publications that don't do well or are difficult to get for BB10.

Posted via CB10
    This is a good point. I would like to see how the KEYone looks like in landscape mode for readability, to see how it fairs up against the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-17 08:00 PM