Hold on! Are you saying you can swipe to text on the Passport?

Posted via CB10
    Yup

Love my PPSE - trade it for KeyOne?
    03-28-17 10:12 AM
    Hahaha I don't know if you are seriously asking but yes, you can swipe up a word suggestion from the physical kb, same as the Priv... you go by columns, you have three suggestions: left, center, right... you can swipe up from any key by column...

Hold on! Are you saying you can swipe to text on the Passport?

Posted via CB10
    03-28-17 10:12 AM
    Hahaha I don't know if you are seriously asking but yes, you can swipe up a word suggestion from the physical kb, same as the Priv... you go by columns, you have three suggestions: left, center, right... you can swipe up from any key by column...
    Ok then perhaps I misunderstood. I interpreted what they said as a similar function as Swifkey. I meant a different kind of swipe. What you described is the swipe gesture. Now I think we need clarification if it can do swipe to text, not swipe gestures for word prediction.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-17 10:18 AM
    I agree with the design. I don't think there has been any other phone (let alone a blackberry) that has turned me off at first sight with the design.

I wish I could see this phone at a carrier to have a better judgment but right now I am not feeling the design.
    03-28-17 10:29 AM
    I can't say about that; however, I read a couple of weeks ago in thread here that it is possible to, without pressing the keys in the physical kb, just swipe your fingers over the keys and the kb would recognize the letters... they were talking about the KEYone but I think I recall someone saying that the same is possible in the Priv kb...

Ok then perhaps I misunderstood. I interpreted what they said as a similar function as Swifkey. I meant a different kind of swipe. What you described is the swipe gesture. Now I think we need clarification if it can do swipe to text, not swipe gestures for word prediction.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-17 10:36 AM
    For the KEYone I think it's a pretty cool idea since the travel distance is decreased as it is a narrower form factor.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-17 10:48 AM
    No we are referring to Swypez or whatever you call it where you type by moving from one letter to the next letter without lifting your fingers.

I don't use it but I did try it for a brief moment on the PRIV before relegating it to uselessness. IT interferes with regular BB10 Swipe to complete which I find faster for bigger words.
    03-28-17 11:23 AM
    I wouldn't downgrade to Key one from PP SE. Yesterday I used a galaxy s7, too narrow, painfully narrow screen after PP. Key one is in the same class. And PP keyboard size is perfect, every other phone was way cramped for me.

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    03-28-17 12:39 PM
    What if the BlackBerry Launcher on Android was rebuilt into a BB10 OS clone instead of a stock Android look alike? Would people considered jumping ships?

Active frames widgets
    Swipe to the left hub
    Smooth UI
    BB10 icons

Posted via CB10
    03-28-17 01:56 PM
    What if the BlackBerry Launcher on Android was rebuilt into a BB10 OS clone instead of a stock Android look alike? Would people considered jumping ships?

Active frames widgets
    Swipe to the left hub
    Smooth UI
    BB10 icons

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry Android already has active frames (tiles) and a smooth UI.

BlackBerry Android also has productivity tab, notification tab, and widgets for peek, and swipe up for HUB.

More skinning just adds bloat.
    03-28-17 02:20 PM
    BlackBerry Android already has active frames (tiles) and a smooth UI.

BlackBerry Android also has productivity tab, notification tab, and widgets for peek, and swipe up for HUB.

More skinning just adds bloat.
    I agree. Blackberry android is not far off from BB10 at all now. The android hub has definitely covered some ground from when it was first released. Nearly identical now.
    anon(2313227) likes this.
    03-28-17 04:58 PM
    Hope you are doing better. Must have been rough breaking both.

Posted via CB10
    Longest year and half of my life.
    03-28-17 11:36 PM
  13. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    I wouldn't downgrade to Key one from PP SE. Yesterday I used a galaxy s7, too narrow, painfully narrow screen after PP. Key one is in the same class. And PP keyboard size is perfect, every other phone was way cramped for me.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with you. Last month I used galaxy s6... so same than Chinese android phone.

 BlackBerry Passport SE SQW-100-4 / 10.3.3.2205
    03-29-17 02:42 AM
    Does the KEYone or any of the DTEK line have a peek gesture of any kind like in BB10?

Posted via CB10
    03-31-17 07:41 PM
    Does the KEYone or any of the DTEK line have a peek gesture of any kind like in BB10?

Posted via CB10
    You can use the productivity tab (recently updated significantly), the notification tray, or a HUB widget for peek.
    03-31-17 07:54 PM
    I think the continual moaning about BB has run it's course. I have 4 bb 10 phones and like build quality, peaking with the SE. I buy them to try them out. I will get the KEYone to try it out. I tried the Priv. I am particularly interested in what comes after the KEYone, what can we expect from TCL? Change is what keeps things interesting. I think if we can see some innovation then it will be a good think for future. I also like the thought of BB10 being picked up by a third party. Who knows maybe TCL will give it a try...
    04-01-17 06:17 AM
    You can use the productivity tab (recently updated significantly), the notification tray, or a HUB widget for peek.
    Ok thanks I will check it out on my friends LG-G4. I have him installing all the goodies that come out so that I can sample. I assume you can't peek at it from anywhere like you could on BB10?

Posted via CB10
    04-01-17 07:22 AM
    I will not buy any BlackBerry device that runs android. If really wanted an android device I would buy a Nexus or any other android maker. Not a BlackBerry branded Android phone. The case is I'd rather buy an iPhone 7 or any other android brand than a BlackBerry branded android phone.

BlackBerry does not have good faith with it's customers. They do not deserve our hard earned money.

I don't care if it has a keyboard. If it is a BlackBerry Android, I'll go Apple.

It's like BlackBerry, taking us for blind fools.

Milking us for every cent we have got.

Your transformation of things to come will fail miserable. The same misery you caused your customers. It will be the devolution to the death of the company. There is no evolution for BlackBerry. That is my opinion and reaction to that KEYONE matter as a Passport owner.

"Emergency Calls Only", on an INFECTED Passport.
    04-01-17 07:54 AM
    Ok thanks I will check it out on my friends LG-G4. I have him installing all the goodies that come out so that I can sample. I assume you can't peek at it from anywhere like you could on BB10?

Posted via CB10
    The best of the bunch, the productivity tab, is only available on a BlackBerry Android device.
    The_Passporter likes this.
    04-01-17 08:01 AM
569 ... 212223