Well I guess i'm the only one who's not in love with the keyboard. That's fine. But when I tried the priv's keyboard which many dislike and I thought it was better, that should tell you everything you need to know. To each his own.

Posted via CB10
    Well, then I agree. I have only checked out the Priv at an ATT store but my immediate reaction to that keyboard was, "You've got to be kidding me."

This is where not having the product in stores can hurt. I would have to buy one to see if I want to use it.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-17 02:40 PM
    You really can't appreciate how small the keys are on the KEYONE until you see and use it up close and personal. I know I'm biased to the passport, but it doesn't even compare to the classic. That's what was so disappointing. Otherwise, everything else seems solid.

Posted via CB10
    The width of the keyboard on the Classic and the KEYone is exactly the same. The height is slightly less.
    03-24-17 01:34 PM
    I run in my Five Fingers, so I guess that I am in a small group that has the Five Fingers and a Passport?
    Probably just you and me, PERIOD. May start a thread just to see. How many peopel have talked to you about your FiveFingers, for me it is definitely more than the Passport.
    03-24-17 01:36 PM
    The width of the keyboard on the Classic and the KEYone is exactly the same. The height is slightly less.
    The keys are shorter. I know this because I played around with the device and payed attention to size of the keys.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-17 01:41 PM
    The keys are shorter. I know this because I played around with the device and payed attention to size of the keys.

Posted via CB10
    That's not juse in pkb. Even VKB button heights are shorter compared to bb10 vkb. I had dtek50 and my z30 typing experience was better!

Posted via CB10
    03-24-17 02:40 PM
    Truth is that blackberry securing android by hardening it, makes android less secure. Android is supposed to be open so you can root it, and add a custom rom lol. All the android devices I own don't have Google play services on them. I remove all Googles app including transport, sync, services, playstore etc. That's the only way I run android that makes me feel a bit better.

Posted via CB10
    Because custom roms are guaranteed to have to security issues? I understand your point, we are leaving it up to Google and BlackBerry to fill the holes. But if you can't get root access on a device then that automatically closes opportunities for malicious code. Might I ask why you remove GPS?

Posted via CB10
    03-24-17 03:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes the keys are shorter. I noted it is not as high. Height-wise it is a hair bigger than the PRIV but from top to bottom it is same a PRIV. Just the frets on the KEYone is there and on the PRIV, the lack of Fret is bigger than the frets.

Compared to a P'9883 it is The KEYone is higher. Although the P'9983 has nice spacing between the rows to compensate.
    03-24-17 06:16 PM
    Yes the keys are shorter. I noted it is not as high. Height-wise it is a hair bigger than the PRIV but from top to bottom it is same a PRIV. Just the frets on the KEYone is there and on the PRIV, the lack of Fret is bigger than the frets.

Compared to a P'9883 it is The KEYone is higher. Although the P'9983 has nice spacing between the rows to compensate.
    I believe blackberry mobile aka TCL is going for more one handed use with the phone. Certainly doable over the passport. There is no argument there. Hehe.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-17 06:20 PM
    Yes, It is really, really hard to one hand a Passport, tried a few times but have to shift phone too much to be usable just to hit the keys to the far left.
    03-24-17 06:46 PM
    The question was, did any BB10 device make money. The answer is, not even remotely close.
    Look, this whole thing of BlackBerry that has Lost billions was repeated ad nauseam and 90% of your posts say that.

The true question is: was BlackBerry standing by it's product doing whatever it takes to lose a little less or gain some traction between consumers?

Apart for the app gap, everybody knows that BlackBerry didn't and didn't innovate.

I always do the example that if BlackBerry had leveraged its leadership in infotainment world, launching a BlackBerry smartphone powered by QNX, (to let people understand it was different from the old BlackBerry) which was integrated into the car's dashboard, it would have now several millions of users and a different channel to sell its smartphones.

In your opinion, iOS costs, in the beginnings, were more or less expensive than OS10? Ah ok, different companies, different times... blah blah blah, BlackBerry lacked ideas, vision and capacity of spreading the word and believing in its product.

That's the true problem...

Posted via CB10
    03-26-17 03:35 AM
    The true problem was that they made the wrong choices at critical times. It really is that simple.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-17 03:53 AM
    I run in my Five Fingers, so I guess that I am in a small group that has the Five Fingers and a Passport?
    I used to have both... Ironically a major injury kept me away from both lol
    03-26-17 01:13 PM
    I used to have both... Ironically a major injury kept me away from both lol
    That's one hell of a knee injury that keeps you from your phone!
    03-27-17 08:02 AM
    That's one hell of a knee injury that keeps you from your phone!
    Shattered tibia and fibula. Needed a wearable to stay in contact in case of an emergency on my crutches i was on for 4 months. BB10 couldn't do it.
    03-27-17 09:18 AM
    Shattered tibia and fibula. Needed a wearable to stay in contact in case of an emergency on my crutches i was on for 4 months. BB10 couldn't do it.
    Hope you are doing better. Must have been rough breaking both.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-17 11:23 AM
    You really can't appreciate how small the keys are on the KEYONE until you see and use it up close and personal. I know I'm biased to the passport, but it doesn't even compare to the classic. That's what was so disappointing. Otherwise, everything else seems solid.

Posted via CB10
    But is the KEYone's PKB better than the Priv's? As a Classic and Passport owner, my expectations have lowered. But the KEYone would still offer the best experience for anyone seeking a new PKB device with nice camera and app selection.

Posted via CB10 | SQW100-4 Passport on T-Mobile. Hi Ho Silver Edition!
    03-27-17 06:12 PM
    When it comes out go test it(or when cbk do his meet-up)
    Only you can judge. Get it in your hand open note app and type a full paragraph.
    Some say the 9900 is the best some even said 9000 was best.
    As some pointed out, none of those a capacitive, I happen to like the keys on the p'9983but now it is capacitive. Feel like I am using Passports keys but clickier and less travel. At least on KEYone I can do 1 handed typing.

But is the KEYone's PKB better than the Priv's? As a Classic and Passport owner, my expectations have lowered. But the KEYone would still offer the best experience for anyone seeking a new PKB device with nice camera and app selection.

Posted via CB10 | SQW100-4 Passport on T-Mobile. Hi Ho Silver Edition!
    03-27-17 07:02 PM
    Here are some comparison pics.
    Last edited by deremi; 03-27-17 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Picture attached failed.
    03-27-17 07:03 PM
    Wise point.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-17 07:46 PM
    I wish they used the passport design

Posted via CB10
    03-28-17 07:25 AM
    Some said that K1's keyboard is definitely a lower quality one by comparison to the best BlackBerry like Bold 9900 or 9000.

To me Passport's keyboard is a little hard to push, otherwise it's perfect because it's big...

Posted via CB10
    03-28-17 08:22 AM
    I just heard on the CrackBerry podcast that you can actually swipe to text on the KEYone. That's sick! I wonder how that will work not being able to see the trailing line between letters shown on the virtual keyboards.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-17 10:00 AM
    Think you can do the same on PRIV as well. It is in the settings.
    03-28-17 10:03 AM
    Yes, that's a feature carried over from the Passport, and then the Priv... quite nice actually...

I just heard on the CrackBerry podcast that you can actually swipe to text on the KEYone. That's sick! I wonder how that will work not being able to see the trailing line between letters shown on the virtual keyboards.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-17 10:07 AM
    Yes, that's a feature carried over from the Passport, and then the Priv... quite nice actually...
    Hold on! Are you saying you can swipe to text on the Passport?

Posted via CB10
    03-28-17 10:08 AM
569 ... 20212223