Hope BlackBerry releases a next gen BlackBerry Passport both in Android and BlackBerry 10, and Windows 10 if possible.

With the same screen size, but should reduce the width of the phone by 5 mm, doesn't matter if it's height increases by 10 mm.

Posted via CB10
    A blackberry passport running Windows 10? please take my money!

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 11:38 AM
    Hey,
    You are the first one to react to my posts regarding BlackBerry Passport with Windows OS!

I would love to buy one Passport with Windows OS, as it has a better eco system when compared to BlackBerry 10 OS and the Windows 10 OS is the next best for a Secure mobility after BlackBerry.

The Windows 10 OS is also customisable just like BlackBerry 10 OS.

BlackBerry hadn't realised the potential lying in BlackBerry Passport Form factor. , Hope the New BlackBerry Mobile listens and should use the BlackBerry Passport Form factor .

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 11:45 AM
    Truth is that blackberry securing android by hardening it, makes android less secure. Android is supposed to be open so you can root it, and add a custom rom lol. All the android devices I own don't have Google play services on them. I remove all Googles app including transport, sync, services, playstore etc. That's the only way I run android that makes me feel a bit better.

Posted via CB10
    ck2nb and kunz1925shooter like this.
    02-27-17 01:18 PM
    Short (have 3 passports, played with the KEYone) :

#1 No debate here. BB10 is Missed In Action. Loved it, sorry.
    #2 Quality build really seems excellent
    #3 You won't replace the wide Passport screen that's a fact.

Best replacement as of date ? IMHO : absolutely.
    02-27-17 02:16 PM
    A blackberry passport running Windows 10? please take my money!
    A sexier idea than passport under Android, any day !
    hint : won't happen lol
    Asvertus likes this.
    02-27-17 02:18 PM
    I don't know how many of you watched the MWC keynote on the new BlackBerry KeyOne Android phone by BlackBerry Mobile, but if you did, I'm curious to know your reactions as one who owns and uses a BlackBerry Passport. Does it tempt you? I'm not gonna lie, it would be pretty nice to have all apps available to us and not have to worry about when our device might become obsolete. However for me (and of course we reserve the right to change our minds after using it), it made me thankful I have the Passport and really didn't tempt me at all.

Why? My main reasons (opinions) are #1 ) which is probably the most controversial is that Android just doesn't match up to BB10, it's really night and day. I have used several Android devices and even the Priv for a month. I would appreciate apps and a better camera, but BB10 is that good and Android is that inferior of an OS. I really do not like Android. If BBOS didn't exist, that would be different, but I so enjoy the fluid OS of BB10.

Also #2 ) that keyboard looks like it's going to let us down. From the surface it looks similar to the Classic, but the closer I look at it, I think it looks cramped and are those keys even beveled? It didn't look like it. Of course we'll have to try it to know, but the Passport's keyboard is unrivaled and I would not appreciate an inferior, cramped keyboard experience.

And #3 ) although the phone looks very well put together and even resembles BlackBerry phones of old, that form factor is a turnoff. Yes, most ot if is because I'd be coming from the Passport, but let's be honest, we've been spoiled by a wide and glorious screen, and the form factor of the Passport stands out from the pack. Whereas the KeyOne looks like all other smart phones on the market (except for the keyboard).

I'd love to know your initial thoughts. And hey if you disagree, great! I truly hope the KeyOne kills it and that BlackBerry Mobile is around for a long time. #LongLiveBlackBerry

Posted via CB10

#1 . I don't consider Android inferior to BB10, just different. I agree with the rest.
    #2 . We need to put our hands upon the keyboard to judge but I have the same suspicions.
    #3 . I'd like to use KeyOne for awhile before to make final conclusion on the design, ergonomics, etc. But as a Passport user I do have this feeling "too narrow...may be..."

Overall, I feel pretty safe with my Passport SE for next couple of years. It meets my communication needs much better than Android (even with BB Hub and services installed - I just trying them on 2nd phone and am not happy). And then... we will see.
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    02-27-17 02:28 PM
    Terrible screen for reading and whatnot? Tens of millions of iPhone 4 users would like to have a word with you about that.

They haven't made a device with a removable battery in over 3 years. Not sure where you've been.

BlackBerry 10 is dead. The sooner you realise that, the easier it will be. The lack of popular apps and app support killed it. There's nothing anyone can do about that. Blaming Chen is very short sighted if you don't recognise why iOS and Android rule. It's all about apps!
    I am sure tens of millions iphone users are thinking now when they had removable battery
    02-27-17 03:32 PM
    It took me a long time to transition the wide keyboard of my Passport. Now I find the classic keyboard too narrow.

The KeyOne seems to have similar keyboard dimensions to the Classic - so apart from the occasion to use t one handed this seems to be a downgrade in terms of typing.

NB has anyone re-stated Chen's statement that Android 7.1 is as secure as BB10?

NNB I hope the Keytwo is a little wider (perhaps iPhone 7 size)

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 03:39 PM
    Hope BlackBerry releases a next gen BlackBerry Passport both in Android and BlackBerry 10, and Windows 10 if possible.

With the same screen size, but should reduce the width of the phone by 5 mm, doesn't matter if it's height increases by 10 mm.

Posted via CB10
    So instead of dual boot, you want tri-boot? Or do you want three different Passports running different OS's?

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.3.2163  pin:2C09CE92
    02-27-17 06:29 PM
    Android.
    Says it all. Until BlackBerry can truly stop the data-mining, no thanks.
    kunz1925shooter likes this.
    02-27-17 08:04 PM
    Android.
    Says it all. Until BlackBerry can truly stop the data-mining, no thanks.
    I'm going to guess you don't believe in the power of the DTEK app?

02-27-17 08:28 PM
    It's no Passport but I think it's the closest we'll get to an Android version unless TCL is willing to try a wide-screen device down the line. I think the Price is $50-$100 high considering the specs but it's a niche device.
    02-27-17 09:22 PM

Lollll the Dtek app does nothing to stop the two major evils of android: Google and facebook. I think we even underestimate how much control Google has over the Internet and what we do. Like I said, I've been burned personally and now twice shy.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 09:22 PM
    It's been 4+ years now. They nearly broke the bank trying to stay with it for as long as they did. The market has spoken so BlackBerry 10 is pretty much dead in terms of any future development. Just look at them EOL of Blend and no support for Link. I can't even backup my device any more!
    We've been arguing for months in the forums. There is a school of thought that BB10 could have succeeded if marketed properly. I subscribe to this school of thought. BB10 was not a sure winner, but it was a sure loser if the world did not know that it existed and thought that BlackBerry went out of business after they could not find a buyer.

Chen did nothing to improve brand image and raise awareness of BlackBerry's products other than go on CNBC and pay for banner ads for people that surfed Crackberry. This continues to haunt the company.

OK, I know that others think BB10 never could have succeeded. I don't want to argue more. I'm just pointing out that there is more than one school of thought on this. Neither side can be proven right or wrong. It's just a debate.
    ratfinkstooley and dmlis like this.
    02-27-17 09:24 PM
    I'm excited for it...even with all the shortcomings I love the design. Just wondering if i'll be able to put action launcher on it and still be able to use all the hub+ features

Posted via Nokia  3310
    02-27-17 10:11 PM
    Already had one!

Would be satisfied with one and love if released in both Android and Windows!

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 11:48 PM

The DTEK app doesn't DO anything, it's just a reporting function of what is already afoot. It doesn't control any permissions that need to be controlled for privacy. In Android, Google just mines your data, blatantly. Apps that have no reason to access your contacts, calendar, camera, etc., insist on all those permissions to be granted, or the app simply won't work. BlackBerry on Android is NOTHING, regarding privacy, like BBOS 10.
    ck2nb likes this.
    02-28-17 06:14 AM
    the KEYone will blow away the passport. It has the 4 row keyboard that the passport has been missing all its life!

Posted via CB10
    Can't agree there. Much prefer the 3 row keyboard of the Passport

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    The_Passporter likes this.
    02-28-17 06:31 AM
    We've been arguing for months in the forums. There is a school of thought that BB10 could have succeeded if marketed properly. I subscribe to this school of thought. BB10 was not a sure winner, but it was a sure loser if the world did not know that it existed and thought that BlackBerry went out of business after they could not find a buyer.

Chen did nothing to improve brand image and raise awareness of BlackBerry's products other than go on CNBC and pay for banner ads for people that surfed Crackberry. This continues to haunt the company.

OK, I know that others think BB10 never could have succeeded. I don't want to argue more. I'm just pointing out that there is more than one school of thought on this. Neither side can be proven right or wrong. It's just a debate.
    Fully agree with your school of thought!

02-28-17 06:34 AM
    Maybe we should send a letter to TCL with the names of everyone on CrackBerry who want a Passport dimension phone!

I love the Passport and won't be changing. I am happy with BB10 and don't need any of the apps. I love the Hub on BB10 and how easy it is to get stuff done.

I had to move to my Z10for a few weeks and nearly died with that small screen! I can't get used to that size anymore. Now back on the Passport and world is in order again! First world problems I know!

02-28-17 06:41 AM
    Can't agree there. Much prefer the 3 row keyboard of the Passport

I conquer. The Passport never was missing it cause it never wanted it lol. It has everything you need if you know what your doing

Posted via CB10
    ezubeBB2013 likes this.
    02-28-17 06:49 AM
    Apps that have no reason to access your contacts, calendar, camera, etc., insist on all those permissions to be granted, or the app simply won't work.
    Sorry, but could you give examples ?
    P.S : I for on would never accept such apps on my device, BB10 or Android. Even if I could disable their access and use the app.
    02-28-17 08:27 AM
    Sorry, but could you give examples ?
    P.S : I for on would never accept such apps on my device, BB10 or Android. Even if I could disable their access and use the app.
    Google play services,the nice green app that every developer swears by and praises, has the ability or requests permission to read what you privately post on social media. Infact, there were new permissions created just for that app to exist that goes beyond whatever these people who love it so much praise it for. Google wanted to see everything and control everything and from the first day that app was force installed on billions of phone, everyone with common sense knew something was wrong.

Posted via CB10
    blackbp likes this.
    02-28-17 08:44 AM
    Google play services,the nice green app that every developer swears by and praises, has the ability or requests permission to read what you privately post on social media. Infact, there were new permissions created just for that app to exist that goes beyond whatever these people who love it so much praise it for. Google wanted to see everything and control everything and from the first day that app was force installed on billions of phone, everyone with common sense knew something was wrong.

Posted via CB10
    Google Play Services also contains a "verify apps" feature. This allows it to scan apps being installed (even from unknown sources). Quadrooter, for instance, was rendered powerless as a result. It is a very critical security feature that is often overlooked.
    ScoopTheBowler likes this.
    02-28-17 08:51 AM
    Not interested in anything Android!

Posted via CB10
    02-28-17 08:57 AM
569 ... 34567 ...