I just got myself the legendary OEM Hardshell Case form Blackberry. Nicely, they put a free screen protector with. Yeah, the hard shell case looks stealthy and just makes sense. I can put my passport on the table without fear. lol

But what about the screen protector. Again, it is nearly impossible to stick that thing without getting these annoying bubbles. And yes, I took my clothing tissue and concentrated myself. But still, at the end you have tiny bubbles.

After a couple of days I wasn't so sure about the protector? It shines, and you see the smear of your fingers plus tiny bubbles.

I remember having the same hard shell case with the protection. I took it off because there were way to much bubbles. And it worked out for me great.

Now with the fine Passport I thought to give this screen protector a chance. I am very 50 50 on keeping it or taking it off, and noly going with the hardshell case itself.

So what are your takes?
    02-04-15 08:33 PM
    I use neither protective case and screen protector.

Posted via CB10 from BB Passport
    thedose likes this.
    02-04-15 08:38 PM
    Ghost armour. Works great.

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan likes this.
    02-04-15 08:43 PM
    Get u a tempered glass protector from ebay for $9.00 more protection plus even without any protection you still will get smears on screen regardless.

Posted via J's Blackberry Passport
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    02-04-15 08:44 PM
    I don't use screen protectors. Never saw the need.

Ghost armor works well. Used it in my Q10 and Z30 when one of my clients offered the service.

Posted one-handed via Passport
    02-04-15 08:54 PM
    Gentlemen,

as always: Thanks for you raw opinion. Will check out the so called "GHOST" case.

And I guess I will be like before. Just taking off the screen protection. I always take care of my stiff.

@the gentleman who says no case, no protection. How you manage situations, for example in the car? Or table, suitcase, etc? After a while you really ugly scratches, etc. So some protection is a must I guess.

I loved using the holster. And this hardshell looks good. Does not destroying the design of the passport.

Anyway, will check out the case and get rid of the screen protection. LOL!
    02-04-15 09:13 PM
    I'm glad I had the static cover on mine when I ran it over with my jeep. Oh, and the crappy rubber case. It saved the screen.
    02-04-15 09:32 PM
    A screen protector is always a must for me. I have been rocking iShieldz on the last few of my devices and haven't been disappointed.

The upside to iShieldz, is that you apply the screen with a spray which helps get rid of the air/dust bubbles. I haven't had any problems with them.

There are other brands that offer similar screen protectors as well: invisible shield, ghost armor. I think you would have a good experience with anyone of those.

Visit my channel, Malamute Love, C0040CA85
    02-04-15 09:34 PM
    I have one of those flip wallet cases. Almost got a screen protector with it, but then decided against it last second thinking that the flip cover will protect the screen anyway.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 09:34 PM
    My Passport cost me a lot of money. I use both the case and screen protector and feel much better using them. I admit I'm a bit of a klutz so peace of mind is important to me.
    02-04-15 09:40 PM
    Never use em. Never had any issues arise from not using one either.
    thedose and QXS like this.
    02-04-15 09:40 PM
    I can never get screen protectors on right, but I paid a crap ton for my passport, so, for me, a case and screen protector is a must.

So, I figured if I'm gonna use a screen protector, and have bubbles, why pay more than a few cents for it? So, I bought a large sheet of clear vinyl from Walmart, cut out a pattern to fit my screen, and applied it using a little bit of soapy water. Let it set for a few hours, and I was good to go.

Best part is, I can make dozens more anytime I like.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport.
    02-04-15 09:52 PM
    Never use em. Never had any issues arise from not using one either.
    Chief, you're not afraid of scratches ?

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 09:52 PM
    Chief, you're not afraid of scratches ?

Posted via CB10
    Not really. I'm pretty careful to keep one pocket clear with nothing but my phone in it (also helps me make sure I always have my phone as well cause I can feel when it's there and not there) and I don't really go laying my phone in dangerous places. Hasn't failed me yet. I also hate the process of putting them on, even when I do try, I screw it up lol.
    Blacklatino and thedose like this.
    02-04-15 10:05 PM
    I can never get screen protectors on right, but I paid a crap ton for my passport, so, for me, a case and screen protector is a must.

So, I figured if I'm gonna use a screen protector, and have bubbles, why pay more than a few cents for it? So, I bought a large sheet of clear vinyl from Walmart, cut out a pattern to fit my screen, and applied it using a little bit of soapy water. Let it set for a few hours, and I was good to go.

Best part is, I can make dozens more anytime I like.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport.
    I must flipflop now. I will try also with the screen protector. I also paid an impact of bucks for this lovely device. Don't want to have scratches.

Will try that combo.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Fistmaster; 02-04-15 at 10:22 PM.
    02-04-15 10:06 PM
    Not really. I'm pretty careful to keep one pocket clear with nothing but my phone in it (also helps me make sure I always have my phone as well cause I can feel when it's there and not there) and I don't really go laying my phone in dangerous places. Hasn't failed me yet.
    Well. You might be right. But I am sure after a couple of months, the passport won't look like the first time.

Sorry, but I am that guy who takes overcame of his device. Lol.

And when there scratches from everything I have no love for the device anymore.

At least the back. That's why I miss the holster.

Flipcase looks goofy when you phone with that in the wild. Like holding a pocket book.

But that hardcase shell is really well made. I will keep the screen protector.

Thanks for your different opinions here gentlemen.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 10:10 PM
    Well. You might be right. But I am sure after a couple of months, the passport won't look like the first time.
    To each their own. I totally get why some people use them religiously.
    02-04-15 10:13 PM
    OEM case and OEM screen protector. No bubbles, no scratches. The screen protector does seem to show smudges, but I rest easy knowing the screen won't scratch.
    02-04-15 10:13 PM
    They've always annoyed me. I usually am a fan of safe protection.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 10:43 PM
    With every new phone I get, I go to my local phone accessory store, one of those you see in the walkways at major shopping centres, and get a screen protector fitted before taking it out of the box. The young lady there does an awesome job fitting them, she is so meticulous, and they usually last the life of the phone. Tried to do it several times myself but never get it right. That and a super protective case!

Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast!
    02-04-15 10:50 PM
    Stock screen protector that comes with the hard shell case is utter junk. It's a massive fingerprint and dirt magnet. IMHO, Ghost Armor is the best for screen protectors. I would not go without one as micro scratches will start to appear for sure. Sand dust (which is everywhere) scratches glass like nobody's business.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 10:53 PM
    Packing Tape :/[RAW OPINION] Whats your take on screen protector?-you.jpg
    vpblaze and the3maples like this.
    02-04-15 11:01 PM
    With every new phone I get, I go to my local phone accessory store, one of those you see in the walkways at major shopping centres, and get a screen protector fitted before taking it out of the box. The young lady there does an awesome job fitting them, she is so meticulous, and they usually last the life of the phone. Tried to do it several times myself but never get it right. That and a super protective case!

Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast!
    Yeah, I know! I have the feeling women always have magic hands! We us hardworking men screw up everytime. Give thing slike this or cutting with a scissor, a woman! They make it very well.

Stock screen protector that comes with the hard shell case is utter junk. It's a massive fingerprint and dirt magnet. IMHO, Ghost Armor is the best for screen protectors. I would not go without one as micro scratches will start to appear for sure. Sand dust (which is everywhere) scratches glass like nobody's business.

Posted via CB10
    I have also a feeling that it is not the top notch quality!

But what is this ghost armor? Could you please post a pic?
    anon(4067838) likes this.
    02-04-15 11:11 PM
    I always go with a screen protector on my devices. I usually stick to Ghost Armor or iShieldz as well. I've had lots of practice putting them on due to work. I've found with the dry apply ones, if you use tap to remove dust from the screen first, it can go on without bubbles.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 11:52 PM
    I always have screen protectors on my phone...using a matte screen protector on my passport and i don't have as many fingerprints on the screen.
    02-05-15 12:05 AM
71 123