I have a passport SQW100-1. 10.3.3 radio does not function any advise on what I need to do? I have searched forum but cannot find a thread.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-17 04:18 AM
    I have a passport SQW100-1. 10.3.3 radio does not function any advise on what I need to do? I have searched forum but cannot find a thread.

Posted via CB10
    Well, the radio must be working if you can post this via CB10 app

Which Radio system specifically are you having issues with on the Passport?
    • Cell Network
    • WiFi
    • FM
    • Bluetooth
    • NFC
    • GPS
    03-01-17 04:53 AM
    Slacker Radio. Apologies for my ignorance but what has the radio to do with me sending to this forum??..

Posted via CB10
    03-01-17 05:12 AM
    FM radio

Posted via CB10
    03-01-17 05:13 AM
    Slacker radio isn't FM radio. Slacker radio is an Internet app, FM radio is FM radio. For FM radio to work you must have a pair or headphones or earphones plugged in, it will not run without them.

Posted via CB10
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    03-01-17 05:18 AM
    Slacker Radio. Apologies for my ignorance but what has the radio to do with me sending to this forum??..

Posted via CB10
    If your "radio" wasn't working, your Passport wouldn't be able to send/receive calls or data and wouldn't be able to get online
    Radio is a term used to describe the hardware of the BlackBerry device, generally not an app or service.

I believe ZeroBarrier has most likely provided the best answer, as you specified Slacker Radio, which is an app.
    03-01-17 06:55 AM
    I am British and a radio is where you can listen to music, hence my terminology. Any help on why the app does not function?

Posted via CB10
    03-01-17 07:14 AM
    I am British and a radio is where you can listen to music, hence my terminology. Any help on why the app does not function?

Posted via CB10
    Can you let us know exactly what is not working with the Slacker Radio app?
    Like is it not loading up or stations are not connecting or such.....
    Do you get any error messages, if so what do they say?

One thing to try is a Soft Reset on your Passport, as that sometimes fixes glitching apps or corrupted data caches:
    • Press and Hold the Power Button for more than 10 seconds.

The device will power off and then reboot.
    What this does is it performs the same thing as a Hard Reset aka Battery Pull on a removable battery BlackBerry device. It clears running memory, clears caches, shuts down all background apps and services, and performs a power cycle on the device. It does not delete any files, contacts settings, apps, or messages.
    NOTE: It is normal for the device to be sluggish and glitchy for up to five minutes after a Hard/Soft Reset, due to the system is working hard rebuilding caches and restarting background apps and services, so it is best to just let it sit for five minutes after it has booted up from a Hard/Soft Reset before trouble shooting further.
    03-01-17 08:07 AM
    Thank you. The soft reset worked.

Posted via CB10
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    03-01-17 10:07 PM