I hope I am posting this in the correct area, and I apologize if I am not. I am wanting a Blackberry 10 device versus the new Priv. I would rather have the productivity and security found on the Classic or Passport. I'm having trouble deciding which one I would want. I would be using the phone for texting, calling, email, and web browsing. And listening to downloaded music. I like the Classic because of the "full" keyboard and smaller form factor. Although, ironically, I like the Passport becasue of the larger screen and touch sensitive keyboard. I want to get back to basics for a phone. This way, it will increase productivity for me, and help me not get distracted by apps and games, as to stay focused on school. Any thoughts or suggestions? Classic vs. Passport. Thank you in advance.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-22-15 06:53 PM
    currently using a classic but came from a passport they are both great i gave up on the passport because i cant use it with one hand and my hands would hurt after a while but it is better than the classic i just use the classic because its comfortable for me and im not really sacrificing anything to use it
    Nightwing535 likes this.
    12-22-15 07:06 PM
    Thank you. Is the screen large enough for viewing email and websites?

12-22-15 07:11 PM
    Grab the Passport. It's better overall. Higher resolution, higher pixel density, higher camera megapixels, faster processor, larger RAM, and larger battery capacity. That's is, if you don't mind its size and awkward appearance. On the other hand, the Classic is simply a Q10 with a trackpad. I'll go for the Q10 against the Classic since the Q10 is much more smaller, in short, more "portable".
    Nightwing535 likes this.
    12-22-15 07:14 PM
    the screen is fine for emailing, texting and the like however if your into games and stuff it may be too small but for using it to read and emailing and stuff its fine
    Nightwing535 likes this.
    12-22-15 07:17 PM
    How is performance? As in lag, or freezing, or anything else. Thanks

12-23-15 01:08 AM
    I still don't get why people can't use the PP one-handed. I'm a 23 year old male with SMALL hands and have problems using the PP one-handed, in fact I'm using it one-handed all the time. Except for typing, that's just not very pleasant one-handed. If I can use it one-handed with my small hands, then how come others with similar sized or bigger hands can't?

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    12-23-15 01:31 AM
    How is performance? As in lag, or freezing, or anything else. Thanks

Passport is way better in performance, feels much more fluid.
    The classic is a communicating device, texting and stuff.
    Web surfing and serious mailing the passport wins by far.

I still have the classic home as my wife is using it and indeed it feels more handy especially on the go but the passport is in a different league.
    You'll get used to the size in a week

Posted via the sexy black Panther
    12-23-15 02:11 AM
    I hope I am posting this in the correct area, and I apologize if I am not. I am wanting a Blackberry 10 device versus the new Priv. I would rather have the productivity and security found on the Classic or Passport. I'm having trouble deciding which one I would want. I would be using the phone for texting, calling, email, and web browsing. And listening to downloaded music. I like the Classic because of the "full" keyboard and smaller form factor. Although, ironically, I like the Passport becasue of the larger screen and touch sensitive keyboard. I want to get back to basics for a phone. This way, it will increase productivity for me, and help me not get distracted by apps and games, as to stay focused on school. Any thoughts or suggestions? Classic vs. Passport. Thank you in advance.

If you truly want to get "back to basics", then the Classic is the way to go. It is an excellent device for someone who uses it the majority of the time for communicating: emailing, texting, calls. It still can be used for other diversionary activities like social media, watching videos, and such, but because of the nature of the device, it won't encourage you to do so as much as the Passport will. The Passport's larger screen, longer lasting battery, and more powerful performance may actually encourage you to use it more as a tablet (ie. surfing the Internet, "wasting time"). That was my experience anyway. Now I've put the Passport away and am now back on the Classic. I use my device less now, which is exactly what I wanted. There are already too many smartphone zombies everywhere, with their faces glued to their screens and necks all craned over. That's not me!

Posted via CB10
    12-31-15 08:11 AM
    If you're doing any amount of reading / spreadsheet work then the Passport rocks. I have a brother-in-law who manages a very wide area for a major Canadian bank. He got a Passport - after initially being taken aback by the size, he is now enthusiastic about it, especially for working on spreadsheets, etc. His phone is his office, he's on that thing up to 16 hours a day and has NO complaints at all.

Having said that, I have a Classic and am perfectly fine with it. I moved up from a 9810 slider, which was much smaller and fit well into a palm - the size difference with the Classic is not an issue.
    12-31-15 09:36 AM
    Decide for the best BB10 Os phone..
    Questions about Classic and Passport (suggestions)-bb-passport-se.jpg
    Questions about Classic and Passport (suggestions)-my-blackberry-z30.jpg

  
    01-10-16 04:44 AM