I received a brand new AT&T Passport yesterday and now that I'm finally finished setting it up, I ran to Best Buy and ended up purchasing the TYLT VU wireless charging stand.

Everything seems to be working as far as the charging, but I had it on there for about a half hour and the temp reading from the BaSA app read 105 F.

I took it off the charger at that point and thought I'd ask here if this is the norm or if there's an issue?

Edit: Shortened this thread to be just about the TYLT. Seems odd as the output is only 750mah. Don't think it should get that hot, but what do I know lol.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by RLTurn77; 09-01-15 at 09:16 PM.
    09-01-15 05:13 PM
    From what i have read here the QI is the best for wireless charging. The phone does heat up when doing so but over 100 is to hot for me. I use an OG charging pod for my AT&T Passport.
    RLTurn77 likes this.
    09-01-15 08:15 PM
    From what i have read here the QI is the best for wireless charging. The phone does heat up when doing so but over 100 is to hot for me. I use an OG charging pod for my AT&T Passport.
    Thanks. I'll usually let it charge into the 90's max as that is pretty much the norm. Was just concerned with overall battery health baking the device.

Not sure if it is the TYLT that I have and should get a replacement, retun it, or just keep it. I've read a long thread on TYLT on AndroidCentral and some had heat issues while others didn't.

Someone there did say that it is normal to get more heat, but that's of course not good for the battery. Sucks, I really like it.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 08:37 PM
    i have the Tylt and used it on my Z30 and now on my Passport and Classic (both ATT) and it works perfect.
    I did put it on the first time with the seidio hard case and it got hot and did not charge the phone so I took it off and works perfect.
    RLTurn77 likes this.
    09-02-15 12:46 PM
    I like the Tylt design but not a fan of Qi dock/stand form factor. It's more difficult to optimally position the coil to the phone resulting in inefficiency and heatup.
    09-02-15 12:57 PM
    i have the Tylt and used it on my Z30 and now on my Passport and Classic (both ATT) and it works perfect.
    I did put it on the first time with the seidio hard case and it got hot and did not charge the phone so I took it off and works perfect.
    Interesting. I haven't put my Passport back on it since and my intention is to return it and get the itian that has been recommended to me along with the official BlackBerry USB cord/charger.

The phone is naked (almost... just a skin); maybe I'll give it another shot. It was expensive and the packaging and build quality are very nice, but I'm not going to fry my battery for it or have it start swelling up.

Some have had no issues using the TYLT and others c/o overheating. It does charge fine... just overheated when I tried it. Have been hesitant to use it since.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 08:26 PM
    I like the Tylt design but not a fan of Qi dock/stand form factor. It's more difficult to optimally position the coil to the phone resulting in inefficiency and heatup.
    I know with the TYLT there are three coils and there was no fiddling around with the device... just dropped it on there and it charges. The heating can easily become an issue which is why I'll likely switch to the itian knockoff. They're almost identical and nothing but positive reviews when used with the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 08:28 PM