I recently got a Passport - thinking of returning it - I really dislike how much I have to move my hands around to use it, esp. combined with its weight, and distribution of weight. I'm not even carrying it around with me because I'm afraid I'll drop it while using it, thus removing the option of returning it.

Probably this wouldn't bother a lot of people, but I'm in the "I can only ever buy ThinkPads" camp as I need the Trackpoint; I just find constant significant hand positioning changes infuriating. (Currently I have a Q10 which I now realize more fully how much I love from this point of view.)

So I'm wondering if others from the cult of laptop trackpad hatred have been annoyed by this, and if so, if / how long it took you to acclimate to the Passport. (I've tried using a nice trackpad laptop for a month and was 95% as aggravated with it at the end of the month as I was at the beginning.)
    11-24-14 04:20 PM
    I am absolutely a track point person and I find trackpads very unwieldy.

I use a z10. Passport not available on VZW

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 04:31 PM
    Aren't trackpads old technology!? I have a multi touch trackpad on my I7 HP envy laptop and love the swipe features!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android side installed on the Passport!
    11-25-14 11:10 AM
    The trackpoint (A nub in the middle of the keyboard) is the technology we can't live without. The touchpad (which is also there) is multi-touch and does support gestures if you are looking for that.

I feel that the public opinions of Thinkpads and Blackberries share much.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 01:40 PM