Hello. I just bought Passport Silver Edition. I used to have a Z10.
    I used to clean my Z10 with pure alcohol which was very effective on both the phone and the plastic screen protector .
    I recently bought a screen protector from a company that delivers excellent products but the use of alcohol destroyed the protector.
    The company kindly offered a free replacement which I really appreciate and they recommended the use of soap and water on a cloth for cleaning which I feel is a bit dangerous for the keyboard.

Am I doing something wrong or should I seek for a protector elsewhere?
    What are you using in order to clean your SE?
    Thank you.

Nothing like my SE.
    09-29-15 11:32 PM
    Baby cologne for screen and vacuum cleaner for keyboard...

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 11:36 PM
    There are special cleaning products you can easily use: Look for dedicated LCD screen cleanser and use a fine microfibre cloth. Personally I am using that hip "Whoosh!" cleanser, which got hyped back at CES 2014.
    Regarding alcohol and screen protectors: That alcohol can destroy the coatings of the protector, if you would use it on a bare screen, it could also damage the screen's coatings. Dedicated cleansing products are usually less aggressive.
    I also use Whoosh! (or other products) on the keyboard, although I make sure of course that microfibre cloth isn't soaked with the product.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 01:42 AM
    My regime once a week.
    First vacuum all orifices including keyboard and speaker openings with a cordless(not to powerful) household vacuum cleaner.
    Next. Wipe down the enter device, including keyboard with a warm lint free cloth soaked in normal dish washing liquid and wrung
    out till no more liquid comes out. Try to stay away from the top front middle earpiece speaker.
    I do this to all my devices. Never had a problem and hate dirty oily devices.
    09-30-15 03:51 AM
    Isopropyl alcohol + dust blower (for photographic lenses).
    09-30-15 10:34 AM
    1. Boil water
    2. Submerge Passport (do not worry, the properties of boiled water do not affect the electronics)
    3. Place Passport into freezer (again do not worry, the rapid cooling does not affect the electronics)
    4. Take out Passport and wait 1 hour before turning on.

The result is a completely bacteria free Passport. I've tried it multiple times with great success.

This is basically a life hack, it works will all kinds of electronics.
    blackbberryz30 likes this.
    09-30-15 10:37 AM
    I use 99% Isopropyl alcohol VERY sparingly on a soft cotton cloth and wipe my ENTIRE device. I realize this may over time damage my screen protector, but I use the cheap screen protectors and change them fairly regularly. I clean my device in this manner about every 2 weeks or so. Have done this over the entire year I have had the device and it works well for me.
    09-30-15 10:43 AM
    Thank you everyone for your advice.
    I really appreciate the time you spent to reply.

Nothing like my SE.
    09-30-15 11:19 AM
    1. Boil water
    2. Submerge Passport (do not worry, the properties of boiled water do not affect the electronics)
    3. Place Passport into freezer (again do not worry, the rapid cooling does not affect the electronics)

The result is a completely bacteria free Passport. I've tried it multiple times with great success.

Hilarious!

Nothing like my SE.
    09-30-15 11:19 AM
    1. Boil water

I just know someone's going to try this lol.

Posted via CB10 using my Passport SQW100-1 running 10.3.2.2639
    09-30-15 11:28 AM
    I use Turtle Wax Dash & Glass Interior Cleaner (comes in a green spray bottle). It's safe for tech screens, dash boards and glass - use it with a microfiber cloth. It's reasonably priced and you can get it at Wal-mart or Target. Don't use Clorox Disinfecting Wipes because the alcohol formula dulls the phone's plastic finish.
    09-30-15 12:27 PM
    I use Turtle Wax Dash & Glass Interior Cleaner (comes in a green spray bottle). It's safe for tech screens, dash boards and glass - use it with a microfiber cloth. It's reasonably priced and you can get it at Wal-mart or Target. Don't use Clorox Disinfecting Wipes because the alcohol formula dulls the phone's plastic finish.
    Speaking of wax... I wonder if anybody has tried waxing their phone.
    Would it help prevent scratches?

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 06:08 PM
    Spit

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 06:55 PM
    Said it before on many other thread.....Damp towel after a shower....nothing else.
    09-30-15 07:14 PM
    A microfiber cleaning cloth. That's all I use. No liquids. Never needed it. If there are fingerprints on it, some hot breath followed by the cleaning cloth works wonders.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Red Edition
    09-30-15 08:36 PM
    I use a light spray of an eyeglasses cleaner and a lint free cloth.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 09:14 PM
    You need the following:

(1) Peanut butter

(2) Dog

Just apply a little bit of peanut butter to your Passport just to encourage the dog to lick it... afterwards, expect a shiny free-germs Passport!

Posted via CB10
    Cesare Rozzisi likes this.
    10-01-15 01:41 AM
    Joad Cressbeckler spit shines his. If old Joad does it that way, then I will.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 01:46 AM
    Said it before on many other thread.....Damp towel after a shower....nothing else.
    Hah! Thought I was the only one.

Passport/Z30-5/Z10-3 10.3.2.2339
    10-01-15 05:07 AM