My mom purchased two Passports today for me from Telus. She paid for the non plan full price apprx 800cdn.

Now I am positive the phones are locked. She will travel to Asia this week and bring them with her. Can someone tell
    me what do I need to prepare to unlock.

Can I use an online company to unlock the device, do I need to purchase a Telus nano Sim card or can I use my Nano sim card I have in Asia.

Just need some help and want to make sure my mom has all sorted before I go.

Telus have refused to unlock before 90 days.....even after we agreed to paying 35dollars...anyway all help is appreciated.
    10-01-14 01:18 PM
    Use www.unlockmenow.ca and choose telus/koodo
    10-01-14 01:19 PM
    We told you to unlock thru telus in your other thread for $35 each. You will need a sim card for the country you will be using the pp's in

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.1052
    10-01-14 01:21 PM
    Cellunlocker.net - #1 Unlock Codes for Network Cell Phone Unlocking

these guys are pretty solid

used a few times

reliable
    10-01-14 01:25 PM
    BlackBerrysourcecode, I used them for a Telus passport, they will send your code in about 12 hours after you give them your imei. Very responsive too.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 01:42 PM
    Telus refused to unlock. They stated twice they cannot do unless we have it activated for 90 days EVEN after paying the 35 dollars.

So my question is ....can I use my sim in Asia and pay an online company to unlock
    10-01-14 02:11 PM
    Do you even read the response that we give you?

Yes you can unlock it online .
    10-01-14 02:15 PM
    Do you even read the response that we give you?

Yes you can unlock it online .
    Obviously not.
    10-01-14 02:20 PM
    once you unlock your phone, it is no longer restricted to any specific provider

it is important to verify the frequency (bands) the device functions on,
    usually gsmarena has the best info

you will then ensure that those bands work in the country you are going to

if they match, the sim card you acquire in the country you are traveling too should and will work on your unlocked phone
    10-01-14 02:21 PM
    I also used blackberrysourcecode.com and had my code within a couple hours of purchase. It was around $20 USD.

Simple & easy to unlock.
    10-01-14 02:51 PM
    Yes guys I read...but some people said I actually needed and original Telus Sim card to unlock the Telus Phone even using an online service.

This phone is coming to Asia so if I needed a sim from Telus I would get my mom to purchase it before.

But it seems I dont need the sim..I can use mine in Asia

I do appreciate your help everyone
    10-01-14 02:53 PM
    Yes guys I read...but some people said I actually needed and original Telus Sim card to unlock the Telus Phone even using an online service.

This phone is coming to Asia so if I needed a sim from Telus I would get my mom to purchase it before.

But it seems I dont need the sim..I can use mine in Asia

I do appreciate your help everyone
    If your Mom bought them outright, Telus has to unlock them immediately as per the CRTC regulations. They can only lock the phone for 90 days if you or your Mom buys them on contract. I was told this and verified it with the Telus store Rep yesterday when he called Telus support to get the unlock code for the Passport I just paid $700 for. He made me buy a Telus sim card and then topped up a pre-paid card with $35 to cover the cost of unlocking. Total time in store, 20-25 mins, fully unlocked Passport ready to go.
    10-01-14 03:12 PM
    They refused outright....now I am confused again....Do I need a Telus SIM ?

Of can she just bring the phones to Asia without a SIM and I buy one here and get it unlocked.

I hope you all can understand why I am asking this. People keep saying to me I need a Telus SIM.

The store said NO to unlock even if I buy a sim etc etc..

So I said to my mom just go buy off plan and I unlock in Asia..
    10-01-14 03:21 PM
    I believe there are elements that are lost in translation.

Basically:
    1) Telus "should" have unlocked it for you since your mom paid for it out right and the unlock fee. Maybe a call to Telus customer service line could help with this?

2) Otherwise you can use an online service to do it.

The IMEI is tied to your phone and not your sim.
    That is why you don't need a Telus nano sim in either case since the purpose of unlocking it will allow you to use the phone with any carrier.

I hope this helps.
    10-01-14 03:31 PM
    I would call Telus customer support and explain what happened. The store cannot under law refuse to unlock the Passport(s) as your Mom bought them outright. I was told that I needed a Telus sim to unlock, but, in retrospect, feel that this was BS. I got hit with an extra $10 for the sim card that I NEVER SAW.
    10-01-14 03:43 PM
    OK this better be the last message in this thread.

OP. I'm a rogers customer and bought a phone from Telus. I purchased an unlock code from an online site. Others have posted links to unlock sites. I paid $20 for my code.

Inserted the rogers sim followed the unlock instructions and done. There is no need for a Telus sim

Now stop creating threads and asking the same question over and over again.

Posted via CB10
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    10-01-14 08:43 PM
    I bought mine from Telus and called their unlock line and paid $35 and they unlocked. No sim needed. Then put in my bell sim and presto

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 08:53 PM
    Hello,

To have your phone unlocked, two conditions have to be met.

Either :

1. You have purchased your phone via a plan (subsidized) and have been Under contract for a minimum of 90 days

OR

2. You have purchased your phone outright (no plan and pay in full at purchase). Then, Telus MUST unlock it unconditionally on demand. All you have to do is call Telus Custumor Support and they will gladly assist you for 35$. Doing the unlock with Telus will not void your warranty (going to a third party will). Don't talk to any store employees, but they know nothing (no offense to them, but they always tell you you cannot unlock).

I am new here so I cannot link the CRTC link, but I suggest you reading this taken from the CRTC website: to have your phone unlocked after 90 days, or immediately if you paid in full for your phone, at the rate specified by the service provider, upon request.

So, if your mom did pay full price, you can just call Telus and have it unlock (and remember, call Customer Service, don't go to any Telus store).

Good luck
    10-01-14 09:36 PM
    Use www.unlockmenow.ca and choose telus/koodo
    Yes, same as I used you will just need a non Telus Nano sim card and 16.00 cdn for each to unlock via paypal

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick @ss BlackBerry Passport!!!
    10-01-14 09:41 PM
    You do not need a telus sim card.
    10-01-14 10:10 PM
    They refused outright....now I am confused again....Do I need a Telus SIM ?

Of can she just bring the phones to Asia without a SIM and I buy one here and get it unlocked.

I hope you all can understand why I am asking this. People keep saying to me I need a Telus SIM.

The store said NO to unlock even if I buy a sim etc etc..

So I said to my mom just go buy off plan and I unlock in Asia..
    The reason ppl are saying Telus sim is because if you don't have a Telus account, they have no account to charge you 35$ to unlock, if you purchase a sim card and activate it as pay as you go, then add 35$ to the pay as you go account, Telus will take that 35$ and use it to unlock your phone.

If you want Telus to unlock it you will need a Telus sim, activate it as pay as you go and add 35$ to the account.

If you will get it locked elsewhere, then you pay the unlocking company their fee, they will send you an unlock code, once it is successfully unlocked you can use any sim, but you need to make sure the phone is compatible on the new service providers network.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 10:23 PM
    Can anybody recommend a site that will unlock a Telus passport and work with Bell. Id like to this tomorrow because I can't wait anymore. Thank you

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 10:37 PM
    Once your phone is unlocked, that means it is no longer "locked" to 1 network and you can use it at Bell or wherever assuming it has compatible bands. In Canada all three major carriers operate with compatible bands so no issue there. There are several suggestions already in the thread, including Telus themselves.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 10:50 PM
    Once your phone is unlocked, that means it is no longer "locked" to 1 network and you can use it at Bell or wherever assuming it has compatible bands. In Canada all three major carriers operate with compatible bands so no issue there. There are several suggestions already in the thread, including Telus themselves.

Posted via CB10
    I was thinking blackberry source code

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 11:05 PM
    Yes, you can use it with bell once unlocked for sure.

I have unlocked my Telus passport with them as well and it was very easy.

by the way it isn't blackberry source code

It's blackberrycodesource.com

I've tested the phone with most networks now by borrowing friends sims, tried it with rogers, bell, wind mobile, virgin, chatr wireless and a roam mobility sim card and it worked perfectly with all networks.

the passport I believe will work with all nets in the world once unlocked except for cdma network like Verizon usa!

I was thinking blackberry source code

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 04:41 AM
26 12