I have a passport on the latest os and my proximity sensors are not working during calls. It only works when I call someone in direct sunlight.

Note: bbve in proximity sensor always show near never far. And it doesn't work since the day I bought it!

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 01:19 AM
    I had this same problem - I wound having to exchange the phone for a new one because it was driving me crazy. If it hasn't worked since the day you got it, chances are pretty good it isn't going to. Make sure the glass is clean where the sensor is, and if that doesn't fix it, I would recommend an exchange.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 01:35 AM
    If you have a screen protector on that may be the problem. I just figured out my Tempered glass one was affecting mine. Works fine after taking it off.....
    11-09-15 09:22 PM
    Stomps01 is correct

There are incompatible screen protectors and cases which hinder the performance of the sensor, located about 5mm to the left of the blackberry logo. You can see the red flickering light of the sensor when in a very dark room

Take everything off the phone, except for the original screen film (if used) and try again

If you are in need of a different screen protector or case, post here and we should be able to suggest compatible and tested products

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 09:59 AM
    My screen protector doesn't cover the proximity sensor at all but I seem to me having the exact same issues as the original poster. Does the area around the screen protector also need to be uncovered too?

Posted via CB10
    12-15-15 01:30 PM
    My screen protector doesn't cover the proximity sensor at all but I seem to me having the exact same issues as the original poster. Does the area around the screen protector also need to be uncovered too?

Posted via CB10
    I noticed in a very bright setting like outside in the sun that my sensor doesn't work right. So it could be one of two things....

Screen protector/case is covering the sensor or bright light hitting the phone.....

Posted via CB10
    12-15-15 03:06 PM