My passport just started this behavior a few days ago. It is prompting me to log into my own wifi network as a hotspot. The prompt pops up in the hub and it loses the wifi signal and then re connects to the wifi network. This is happening about every 15 minutes. I have rebooted my phone and my router and it still keeps happening . Anyone have advice or a solution? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 09:13 PM
    I have run into something similar when I reboot the router and the cable router at the same time. The ASUS boots up quicker than the cable modem and until the cable modem supplies an Internet connection to the router, the Passport will see the Asus as a hotspot. When you choose to login to the hotsopt, it just brings up the Asus modems internal web page informing you that there is no Internet connection.

Once the cable modem provides a Internet connection to the Asus modem, the Passport just connects normally.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 09:36 PM
    Mine does that and it didn't used to. Of course my router is a hub that works off a cellular signal. It might be that my phone is recognizing it really is in essence a Hotspot.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 11:37 PM
    My router is from Rogers and it's a modem and router in one.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 07:08 AM
    My router is from Rogers and it's a modem and router in one.

Posted via CB10
    What happens when you try to log into the hotsopt? Does it bring up a web page from the modem?

You may just be having a problem with your modem or cable connection to the modem. If there is a problem with the cable coming into the house or inside the house the signal can be too weak to get a reliable internet connection. It can be caused by a poor connection or too many splitters in the cable system in the building. Each splitter drops the signal quality.

I am not sure about Rogers, but some providers can log into your modem and check its signal quality and and history of connection problems.
    11-11-15 08:41 AM
    Thanks for taking your time to help.

Yes, it brings up a webpage that says I'm now connected to the Internet. If I don't open the web page the log in prompt goes away from the hub and the wifi icon appears at the top of the screen as its supposed.

All of my other computers are working find and the speed is great. Rogers put a new line about a year ago so I'm pretty sure the signal is good but it's worth a look.

So far I have been home for about an hour and it hasn't happened today so maybe whatever the problem was may have worked itself out. I hope anyways!

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 04:57 PM
    What is the url of this login page?

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 10:03 PM
    Prompt to login into my own router's wifi-img_20151113_091411.png

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 08:15 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151113_091411.png 
Views:	227 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	380409

Posted via CB10
    Have you changed DNS settings recently, or received a new IP on your modem from rebooting it or anything?

When the wifi connection comes up, the phone does a test to a Blackberry server to determine if its behind a captive portal or not. I'm guessing its not getting a good response, so it thinks its behind a captive portal. I think this is DNS related. Try overriding the modem's DNS settings and just use Google's or OpenDNS'. This could just be a problem in your upstream provider's DNS server acting up.
    11-13-15 01:00 PM
    It is set on google's dns.

It has just started happening and the initial loading of Web pages on my pc have been slow lately. Roger uses the Hitron router which I heard are not the best. I think I'll take it back to Rogers and try a new one.

I tested the speed on my pc and it is super fast and the ping seems ok too. All of my cable boxes are functioning normal so I'd be surprised if it the cable line coming into the house. I'll try the router swap out and see if that helps.

Again, thanks for your help.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 06:08 PM
    It is set on google's dns.

It has just started happening and the initial loading of Web pages on my pc have been slow lately. Roger uses the Hitron router which I heard are not the best. I think I'll take it back to Rogers and try a new one.

I tested the speed on my pc and it is super fast and the ping seems ok too. All of my cable boxes are functioning normal so I'd be surprised if it the cable line coming into the house. I'll try the router swap out and see if that helps.

Again, thanks for your help.

Posted via CB10
    Did you set it up on Google's, or it already was? I'd be surprised if Rogers were not running their own DNS with your modem on DHCP and pointed there. Then your router is just forwarding DNS requests to the Rogers DNS (as my telus does).
    11-13-15 06:31 PM
    I had set it up with Google's dns a few years ago.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 09:56 AM
    I called Rogers this morning and had them test my signal and it was great. Then I exchanged the router today. So far no log on prompts. Speeds and initial page loads seems to be faster too.

Thanks for your help!

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 05:09 PM