Hi there

I just bought a new Passport SE and can't wait to get it running. However I'm having a problem setting it up... I want to restore it from a backup file of my old Passport (white) which I made a couple of days ago (and which I still have)

When I tried it for the first time BB Link said that I needed to update the OS on the SE so I did that.... it is now up to date (10.3.2.2836)

I click 'restore' in Link (Mac OSX 11.3) but the restore takes about 20 seconds and shows the little Warning triangular icon. Nothing gets restored

I turned off BB Protect on the SE but to no avail... I couldn't find any clues here at Crackberry so...

I hope someone may be able to help with this.... it'd be a drag to have to manually get the accounts et al. up to date

Thanks very much
    03-10-16 01:35 AM
    Do you have the same bbid on both phones?
    What warning did you got?
    Have you tried to make a partial restore? Only accounts and contacts for example.
    03-10-16 01:44 AM
    Hi Erdin

Thank you

Yes They both have same BBID

There was no warning as such. I started the restore and the progress window guess straight to the end... as if it were finishing, which it does after about 20 seconds. There is a small triangular warning icon in the Restore window

Yes I have tried partial restore...no luck

Interestingly and frustratingly.... now I am unable to have Link communicate with the old Passport at all. Get a yellow 'connected' icon in Link when I attach the USB cable.... but the message is "Can't Communicate with Device"

... I have no idea why suddenly I can't get Link to communicate with old Passport

Thanks for your help
    03-10-16 03:26 AM
    Won't BlackBerry transfer work?

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59981099

Posted via CB10
    03-10-16 04:51 AM
    Did you follow the instructions on this Web page?

http://ca.blackberry.com/support/Dev...erry-Link.html

I switched to my new Passport SE without a hitch by doing the following in this order :
    1. Back up old device
    2. Placed new SIM card and SD card (from old device) into new phone
    3. Power up new phone and run setup on new phone and associate your BlackBerry ID with this device.
    4. Start up BlackBerry Link on PC plug in OLD device
    5. Click on the 'Switch Device ' button and NOT 'Restore' - follow on-screen instructions - it will usually back up your old phone first and then ask you to plug in your new device - once new device is plugged in all the data will be transferred to your new device.

The key point in the above instructions is to use the switch device button and NOT the restore one which I think you did.

Hope this helps and let us know how you get on.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-16 07:01 AM
    How are you going OP, any success?

Posted via CB10
    03-12-16 05:21 PM
    Hi Dr

at a certain point before i saw your post I just decided to start from scratch with the new phone... I wiped the old phone in oreder to give it to a friend so I was unfortunately not able to try your suggestion

All is good now and I absolutely love the SE

I really hope BB keeps going and finds strength in th market...if everyone could try the SE I'm certain BB could make a huge comeback...I do live in hope....bacause this phone is truly awesome...I would dread the day I have to give it up

Thanks very much for your help
    03-13-16 01:31 AM
    No worries, sorry you didn't see my post sooner.

However pleased you are now up and running with your new Passport SE.

I agree it is an awesome device and like you hope that BlackBerry manage to keep BB10 going. Whatever the case we've got the best device and OS on the market now so let's enjoy it while it lasts :-)

Posted via CB10
    03-13-16 05:52 AM
    Hear, hear

Thanks again

Perhaps I should post a new thread but just in case this is really obvious may I put another problem past you please? I'm having problems with Blackberry Protect...in the Settings window it just keeps spinning its wheels endlessly...whether I turn Protect on or off. Additionally I can't get anything to work when attempting to 'find' it through the BB Protect website...the site says that it can't communicate with the device and that it will deliver 'play sound' when the device next becomes available on a wireless network.

I have Location Services on and I am online through both Wi-Fi and Cellular

Any ideas on where I am going wrong here?

Thanks again for your help

Regards
    03-13-16 08:28 AM