One of the issues some people have with Q10 and Z10, maybe Z30 is selecting text for copy and paste and editing. For me using my finger to place the circle on text can be hard sometimes. Even when I hold down the shift to get the circle and especially if it's on the edges of the screen.

Does the passport's trackpad help with precise text selection?

What about clicking tiny little x's on Web sites to close ads? What about clicking the word "close ad?"

I'm assuming you won't get a little mouse pointer or finger like on the bold, so how does the passport handle these really tiny tasks??
    10-02-14 06:05 AM
    It's pretty fantastic. You double tap the keyboard (without depressing any of the keys) and the cursor pops up (similar to the cursor you'd see on older BB10 devices). Then you hold the on-screen shift button down with one hand and use the other to draw along the keyboard to select text. It's so much easier to get things done with the trackpad keyboard.

JB
    10-02-14 06:47 AM
    So I assume you do very little screen touching????
    10-02-14 07:52 AM
    I still have to do quite a bit with the touchscreen. A lot of apps, though they work with the Passport, don't afford me the ability to scroll with the keyboard. CB10, for example, is hit or miss. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I haven't specifically tried it yet, but I don't think you can navigate the home screen with the keyboard - there's also swiping up to get to the home screen. I know you can scroll in the Hub with the keyboard and in the settings/contacts and most of the other built-in apps that relate to the system.

JB
    10-02-14 08:35 AM
    Forget the trackpad, the touch display on the passport is very precise. It always put the wedge wherever I wanted. Never had I had a problem.

Only problem I noticed is when you drag icons with your thumb to the edge to change homescreen it doesn't translate but works with any other finger.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 09:17 AM
    Text selection is extremely good. Very precise and easy.

Still have to touch the screen to close things.

Using Z10, wanting Z30, eyeing Windermere
    10-02-14 09:39 AM
    It's perhaps the best system out of all other mobile OS's out there.

If you want to place the cursor onto the very edge the trick is to place your finger to the opposite side and then push it towards the edge, rather than dragging it.

Actually that's the trick to it overall - you always want to be pushing the circle instead of dragging it.

I've pretty much hit a point where using the Q10 is the exact same or in some ways even better than the Bold 9900, when it comes to editing text.

The expansion of the circle in 10.3 looks like it makes it even easier to navigate.

#CB10 #Q10 #Darkhorse
    10-02-14 09:58 AM