Hi everyone, I recently read somewhere that the camera of the BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition is a sophisticated Samsung camera. Is this true? Does anybody know any more details? The source where I got this was not an official one. I think it was a review at Amazon.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 11:16 AM
    Hi everyone, I recently read somewhere that the camera of the BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition is a sophisticated Samsung camera. Is this true? Does anybody know any more details? The source where I got this was not an official one. I think it was a review at Amazon.

Posted via CB10
    no, it's the non-very sofisticated camera in the LG G3 and Passport "normal". It's just an average camera from 2014
    11-09-15 12:33 PM
    no, it's the non-very sofisticated camera in the LG G3 and Passport "normal". It's just an average camera from 2014
    Not many phones have OIS on their cameras. Though it's changing now. I'm guessing that's why he says it's sophisticated
    11-09-15 12:35 PM
    I recently read somewhere that the camera of the BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition is a sophisticated Samsung camera. Is this true?
    Well, it's made by SEMCO. That's about it. Guess it depends on your definition of 'sophisticated' lol
    11-09-15 12:37 PM
    Not many phones have OIS on their cameras. Though it's changing now. I'm guessing that's why he says it's sophisticated
    in 2014 there were a few. OIS is good feature, but isn't exactly a groundbreaking feature.
    11-09-15 12:52 PM
    I was just curious. I find it somewhat funny that BlackBerry competes against a company, here Samsung, with parts of that company. ;-))

On their website (see below) SEMCO claim their camera focuses to be "super speedy" ;-) That doesn't fit well to some complaints here in this forum at focus speed. Either SEMCO overdoes a bit or BlackBerry adds some changes to the camera software!? Just wondering.

http://www.samsungsem.com/global/pro...dule/index.jsp

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 02:33 PM
    I was just curious. I find it somewhat funny that BlackBerry competes against a company, here Samsung, with parts of that company. ;-))

On their website (see below) SEMCO claim their camera focuses to be "super speedy" ;-) That doesn't fit well to some complaints here in this forum at focus speed. Either SEMCO overdoes a bit or BlackBerry adds some changes to the camera software!? Just wondering.

http://www.samsungsem.com/global/pro...dule/index.jsp

Posted via CB10
    It does focus really quickly. Not always at the right focus though.. never seen a phone which gets it right all the time either.
    Vistaus likes this.
    11-09-15 03:15 PM
    It does focus really quickly. Not always at the right focus though.. never seen a phone which gets it right all the time either.
    LG G3 and up does an awesome job at focusing every time. Due to laser focus.

And OP, the Passport camera has been compared to be on par with the Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 07:21 PM
    LG G3 and up does an awesome job at focusing every time. Due to laser focus.

And OP, the Passport camera has been compared to be on par with the Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted via CB10
    He probably meant a phone with a 'normal' camera (in other words: most phones, as LG is G3 is one of just a few phones with laser focus).

OT: I find focusing very quick, most of the time. Most phones are equally as fast with camera focus, in my experience. And that includes a 4 month usage of Lumia with the famous Carl Zeiss lense.
    I have very few complaints about the camera on the PP. A few minor things only, and even those things are present on other camera phones as well.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 01:05 AM