So I got my nice red Passport a few weeks ago, really enjoying the phone. It's got a dead pixel, but that's not enough for me to send it back for repairs. The space bar is a little stiff (doesn't make a click like the rest of the keys do, so it throws me off), but it's getting better as I wear it in.

But the power button. There's a second or two delay between pressing the power button and the screen turning on. That's fine, I think I read that this is a thing with 10.3. Not sure.

Lately, ever since I put it in the flip case I've noticed that the power button now sometimes doesn't do anything at all, or I'll turn the screen off and it'll turn back on again. If I make an effort to push it down real hard it's fine.

Not sure if it's the power button, or if the flip case is interacting with the "stay awake when holding the phone" option and keeping it from working properly. Don't really want to take it out of the case to check.

Is this a known issue with the Passport? Is this something that maybe I should think about sending it back for before it gets worse?

Haven't gotten rid of my Classic yet, so I certainly have a backup phone in the meantime, but I've been so happy with the Passport otherwise, I don't want to let it go for that long.
    11-07-15 01:45 PM
    Why would you be using the power button on a regular basis? Simply put the phone face down and it will go to sleep. Pick it up and it will wake up. Simple.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    11-07-15 02:40 PM
    Why would you be using the power button on a regular basis? Simply put the phone face down and it will go to sleep. Pick it up and it will wake up. Simple.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    Well, I turn it on and off with the leather flip case, opening and closing, but it's the principle of the thing. I have "Swipe to wake" turned off because holy crap was it a battery drain on the Z/Q10, and I've been trained not to use it.
    11-07-15 03:03 PM
    The case can interfere with the power button. If the case is closed, I believe the power button cannot turn on the device.
    11-07-15 03:59 PM