My Q10 can do this via the 'numbered' keys on the keyboard, granted the passport does not have a physical 'numbered' section on its keyboard but I'm really finding it frustrating that i cant wake the device with a key press.

swiping the screen to wake is just stupid, half the time i wake the device accidentally just putting the phone back in my pocket and a finger happens to swipe the screen. The button on top is sometimes just unwieldy to navigate to, especially one handed, to get a quick check on the time/notifications/emails/etc.

Do you think BB will push an update to fix this simple issue?
    ZayDub likes this.
    10-16-14 11:03 PM
    Have you tried using the Advanced Interaction "Lift to Wake"?

If you turn this on together with push to unlock I find the phone unlocks automagically when pulled out of pocket or picked up from table, so you wouldn't need to press anything let alone the keyboard, but it also keeps the device locked when placing it back into the pocket (errant screen presses).
    10-16-14 11:29 PM
    i really dont like that feature at all. Call me old fashioned but i really do like to have total definite control of when i wake the screen. And to be clear; im not actually talking about 'unlocking' the device, just waking the device/screen to check time/notifications/etc.

It was really convenient on the Q10. I feel BB have missed a lot of little things that would make the passport a much better device. Simple things, that could easily be added via software update. Like not being able to swipe through the home screen/app screen using the touch keyboard. I mean come on, thats so intuitive you'd think you'd be able to do it right outta the box....
    10-17-14 11:18 AM
    My Q10 can do this via the 'numbered' keys on the keyboard, granted the passport does not have a physical 'numbered' section on its keyboard but I'm really finding it frustrating that i cant wake the device with a key press.

swiping the screen to wake is just stupid, half the time i wake the device accidentally just putting the phone back in my pocket and a finger happens to swipe the screen. The button on top is sometimes just unwieldy to navigate to, especially one handed, to get a quick check on the time/notifications/emails/etc.

I totally agree. I hope for this kind of feature on the Classic. I don't like swipe to wake to.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 05:19 AM
    I totally agree with the OP. I used to find this function very useful on the Q10. Turning the swipe to wake off saves battery power, and while lift to wake is a cool feature often I need to pick up the phone without necessarily wanting to use it (moving from one office to the next, in and out of the car etc)

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 05:55 AM
    You can jus pull from the bottom of the screen but not go totally up... go halfway and lift your finger off the screen
    10-26-14 08:23 AM
    Just a little update on this topic. On the 10.3.1.2072 leak you can now bring up the lock screen by pressing the "u" button, and then "enter" while in the lock screen to open the device fully.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 02:20 AM
    Have you tried using the Advanced Interaction "Lift to Wake"?

If you turn this on together with push to unlock I find the phone unlocks automagically when pulled out of pocket or picked up from table, so you wouldn't need to press anything let alone the keyboard, but it also keeps the device locked when placing it back into the pocket (errant screen presses).
    Where can I find the push to unlock feature?

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 09:01 PM
    I've had the press "u" tu unlock since I loaded 10.3.1

It's actually press "u" to wake and press enter to bring the picture password or the enter your password screen. Very handy if you don't want to press the top button or the swipe to wake feature.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 09:33 PM

Thanks for the Q10 numbered button wake option...I wasn't aware of this and I've had my Q10 about a year and a half lol-- this is why I still love BBRY because I'm always learning about new productivity/convenience features!

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Classic or Passport???
    01-25-15 09:39 PM