Possible, BlackBerry will announce Passport 4th September!-blackberry-passport-4-09.jpg

If you close attention to all news of the new smartphone BlackBerry Passport, you probably noticed that all of the officially published screenshots and photos at the clock on the screen show the same time 11:35, but none of the screenshots not available "current date ", even those where it should have been, but one which we found after a careful study of the files in the latest leaks of the operating system BlackBerry 10.3 and this date - September 4, 2014.

Via, blackberries.ru
    08-31-14 03:06 PM
    It also says "Wednesday, September 4th 2014"

Which doesn't exist.
    Possible, BlackBerry will announce Passport 4th September!-img_20140831_161720_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 03:17 PM
    What a nice birthday gift, BlackBerry! You shouldn't have! (:
    Chelmsford and Mr4aces like this.
    08-31-14 03:18 PM
    Maybe that is just the day it will all come together

Z30STA100-6/10.2.1.3247
    08-31-14 03:27 PM
    I don't see why, BlackBerry is keeping releasing date of this device a secret, invitations for IPhone 6 have already been sent out.

Sent from my outdated Z10
    08-31-14 03:47 PM
    If it is true i hope it is a lot better launch than Blackberry did for BB10,that was crap.There was no sense of electricity in the atmosphere at that launch well not for me anyhow.They need to make the launch of the Passport memorable and show who ever is there what the Passport is about and what it can do.If its that good and they get there act together the audience eg journalists etc will still remember it 5 days later on the 9th when Apple have there launch and one never knows it could upset the Apple cart.
    08-31-14 03:48 PM
    Surely you would think that someone higher up in Waterloo reads these forums and would relay our displeasure of the lack of advertising and the upcoming release date.
    Cmon BlackBerry, get your act together. You guys should clearly see your tactics in the past have NOT worked in your favor.
    Time to try something different.

Z30 user and lover.
    08-31-14 04:15 PM
    Surely you would think that someone higher up in Waterloo reads these forums and would relay our displeasure of the lack of advertising and the upcoming release date.
    Cmon BlackBerry, get your act together. You guys should clearly see your tactics in the past have NOT worked in your favor.

Z30 user and lover.
    Hahaha, yeah, right.

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino likes this.
    08-31-14 04:46 PM
    I don't see why, BlackBerry is keeping releasing date of this device a secret, invitations for IPhone 6 have already been sent out.

Sent from my outdated Z10
    Might be JC is confident enough to wait for Apple releases date and anounce it on the same day, to ensure those iphone fans having a fair chance and think twice about which phone to buy, am I over confident or what?
    08-31-14 08:39 PM
    You think BlackBerry would drop that in to see if anyone notices, highly unlikely but hope so.
    09-01-14 10:07 AM
    You think BlackBerry would drop that in to see if anyone notices, highly unlikely but hope so.
    More likely, marketing was told to pick a fictitious date so that if/when it was seen in a photo, people would realize that it was insignificant since it didn't exist. Time/effort went into creating that fake date - it's not an accident.

Posted via CB10
    just_luc likes this.
    09-01-14 10:16 AM
    BlackBerry might be waiting for iPhone to come out first and pick what will be their best strategy!!! Yes it is not consumer based but business users have been using iphones for a long time now!!!
    09-01-14 02:52 PM
    This is interesting.. ASAP is better to be honest, they don't want to run too late off the hype of Apple or Samsung, they'll easily be drowned out.

Hopefully it even is announced in September, they've already given a heads up on dates by now, which worries me.

Can't wait much longer with this Q10, I have screen burn! Lol.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 03:01 PM

Z30 user and lover.
    I could see them announcing and giving some sort of release date and then we could see advertising hit soon after. If they start advertising without an official announcement/release date and the public starts searching for the device only to find no official news for it that could be a problem.

I remember seeing quite a few television ads for the Q10 but nothing compared to iphone and Samsung.

Fingers crossed hoping for the best.

Posted via Q10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    09-01-14 08:16 PM
    yep, its going to arrive on wednesday, sept 4th, in 2019 that is!
    09-01-14 08:32 PM
    yep, its going to arrive on wednesday, sept 4th, in 2019 that is!
    you did not specify US
    09-01-14 08:41 PM
    Lol iPhone and note isn't going be anything new that we haven't seen in the past,, the passport is what everyone is talking about because of the innovation.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    09-01-14 09:01 PM
    Lol iPhone and note isn't going be anything new that we haven't seen in the past,
    Posted via CB10
    Because that's definitely stopped them from selling before...
    09-01-14 11:16 PM
    Might be JC is confident enough to wait for Apple releases date and anounce it on the same day, to ensure those iphone fans having a fair chance and think twice about which phone to buy, am I over confident or what?
    Delusional is probably more like it. If iPhone 6 buyers are are having second thoughts, it will be on account of an Android phone, not a. BlackBerry.

Blackberry always.....
    dejanh likes this.
    09-02-14 02:44 AM
    A Dutch reseller is now stating on their website:
    Expected: week of September 29 - October 3"
    (I can't post any link, 'cause I don't have enough posts yet)
    ediggity and Mr4aces like this.
    09-02-14 06:18 AM
    I just want this phone to come out!!!!!!

It's september and we still haven't heard anything official from BlackBerry. While I appreciate all they are doing to ensure that the company succeed, September is phone month for most people... They should at the very least, have some official statement on what to look forward to this month or something.

Android, Apple all have something in the next coming days.

We don't even know what is going to happen. I've been due for an upgrade since the ending of July. I have been waiting for the passport since then... But have been tempted to pick up a Z30... If this ends up taking time, I might forsake the passport for the Z30...
    09-02-14 06:54 AM
    Just PM someone on here and they can post it for you.
    09-02-14 07:17 AM
    09-02-14 10:07 AM
    Thabigm sent me a PM

Hi there,

hereby the link to the Dutch reseller (as I can't post it)

http://www.smartphoneshop.nl/product...-passport.html

English by Google Translate:
    https://translate.google.com/transla...-text=&act=url

-------------------
    But I see the launch date is September 24th
    09-02-14 10:35 AM
    I just need to know how much and who to give the money to.
    Blacklatino and Mr4aces like this.
    09-02-14 12:21 PM
36 12