I have a Passport, which unfortunately started running buggy; no media would work through the apps like Pictures, Videos or Music, and the only way to access media was to use File Manager which even then didn't display any thumbnails. This is for media on both internal storage and memory card.

I've wiped my Passport before, and it fixed everything. I done this via my laptop. However, I recently installed Windows 10, and hadn't gotten around to installing BlackBerry software. So, I just decided to do a Security Wipe on the Passport itself instead of doing it through BlackBerry software on my PC.

Boy, what a mistake that was!!! Not only did it not solve the issue of the media not displaying anywhere, but performance has become VERY unstable and just a pile of [insert poo emoji!!!].

My battery lasts 3 hours max, and apps constantly close by itself which is incredibly frustrating. It looks like it is straining itself and then just gives up. It's frustrating when I'm in the middle of a WhatsApp message or trying to browse the web.

So, I done another Security Wipe. Same issue, didn't resolve anything.

I was wondering - is this common? If I restore the phone to factory settings via BlackBerry software on the PC, would that be any better?
    07-01-16 10:08 AM
    Please, NO MORE security wipes. It's totally unnecessary in the first place.
    Go ahead and restore to factory if you want. See how it runs.Only check the system files. Can you create an email address and a few other settings.
    Don't concern yourself with the Battery or anything else. Remember, The Factory Default is very old.
    But, it's really not necessary you can install any OS as long as you use an Auto loader

And do it using a computer with a cable.
    I know it's a hassle to start from scratch but worth it when you get it finished

I have a Passport and it runs as smooth as my girlfriends.....ah, well you get the idea.
    One thing people forget to do or don't think it's necessary is to reboot your device, at least weekly.

Just like your home computer.... if you leave it on constantly and never reboot it, it'll slow down and eventually just stop working.
    07-01-16 02:58 PM
    I don't get what you mean... no more security wipes, why? Isn't it the same either way as restoring the phone? And are you saying to wipe the phone once a week?? I know factory settings are old... but it then updates to the latest firmware straight away.

Just an update, I plugged the phone into my laptop and wiped it using BlackBerry Link... which I now know is exactly the same as a security wipe. All issues are still present. Yesterday I had a nightmare trying to use the satnav as it would just close 10 seconds after opening. My phone is using up memory like crazy, which I'm guessing is the reason for POOR battery and poor performance.

So, is the fix to use an auto loader?

POOR Performance After Security Wipe-img_20160703_140825.jpgPOOR Performance After Security Wipe-img_20160703_140840.jpg
    07-03-16 09:44 AM
    Use the 10.3.2.2813 autoloader and do not restore your data. Start clean.

Download correct loader to your PC, unzip it, plug in device, run the autoloader. Done.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...rchive-943672/
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    07-03-16 10:04 AM
    Use the 10.3.2.2813 autoloader and do not restore your data. Start clean.

Download correct loader to your PC, unzip it, plug in device, run the autoloader. Done.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...rchive-943672/
    Thank you very much - I will download that particular one now. I'm not gonna ask why THAT one in particular, and I'm just gonna do it. I've already wiped my phone twice in a week and only data I need is on my memory card, so I have no problem starting again.

Will I be able to upgrade my firmware the normal way after doing this? Actually to be honest by the time anymore updates come out, I'd have probably moved phone by then anyway. Thanks again, will update and opt to close thread once I confirm it solved the issues.
    07-03-16 11:53 AM
    I'm curious to know what happens. My phone feels quite sluggish too and I'm wondering if reverting back to an older OS with a fresh install with correct a lot of slowdown issues I've been experiencing.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 08:30 PM
    I'm curious to know what happens. My phone feels quite sluggish too and I'm wondering if reverting back to an older OS with a fresh install with correct a lot of slowdown issues I've been experiencing.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry I didn't post sooner. It solved everything! Memory card issues, browser issues, media issues, everything. Phone works like it should, doesn't heat up ever, and just works flawlessly.

One thing, it keeps telling me there is an update available and I have to keep ignoring it every time it comes up in my Hub. I'm not sure whether or not it's okay to upgrade so I've just left it as is as I'm not experiencing any issues.
    07-07-16 11:58 AM
    Thanks for the update! I'll do the same using the exact same version posted above.

Don't quote me, but I believe you can turn off the notifications for os updates.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-16 03:41 PM