Hello, have searched this forum, but did not find any solutions. Got a passport on sunday, but so far not been happy with the overall batterylife. bairly lasts me a day of moderate use, and the passport is constantly running hot, also when not in active use, which makes me think that there is something drainning the battery.

Have installes the latest leak 10.3.1.2480, disabled all notofications of android apps, have to e-mails accounts with 30min update rate, one exchange e-mail, facebook, twitter, linkedin, bbm which (i think) is always on, though does not appear that PIM is the curse of my battery drain/heating issue.

Also have a iPhone 6, and mostly have about 50% (+/-) battery life left when going to bed. This in my first blackberry, so quite new to the system, so hope anyone in here can guide me to how I can improve battery.
    03-04-15 02:36 PM
    Will you post a screenshot of your device monitor app that shows usage over the last 24 hours, please?

Posted via my gorgeous Red Passport
    03-04-15 02:43 PM
    LegalEagle suggested on another thread that loading the 2073 radio would improve battery life on 2480. I don't know yet. But it might also help w the overheating problem. It's easy to do with Sachesi if you can find the 2073 radio file. I'll try to upload it to Mega and put the link here if I do.

Edit: Link to 2073 radio for PP.

https://mega.co.nz/#!aNg0lKIB!EQqBxo...1pPOPTxENU79Bs
    Last edited by KenV54; 03-04-15 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Added link
    03-04-15 03:30 PM
    I have had this issue as well. Device monitor says standby is using the battery?? I restart and it cools down and battery life returns to normal.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 04:06 PM
    Same here,...after 2 days!

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 04:06 PM
    I'm getting 14 hours on mine and I'm a bit worried I was hoping to get at least 20 but it has only been a few days so I will give it some more time, otherwise I don't have any over heating problems.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 04:12 PM
    I'm getting 14 hours on mine and I'm a bit worried I was hoping to get at least 20 but it has only been a few days so I will give it some more time, otherwise I don't have any over heating problems.

Posted via CB10
    I get about 14 hours as well. What temperature should the Passport be running at? Mine is usually between 82 and 90 degrees Fahrenheit.

BlackBerry Passport / OS 10.3.1.2480/ SQW100-3 / BBM 2C05E109
    03-04-15 07:05 PM
    I get about 14 hours as well. What temperature should the Passport be running at? Mine is usually between 82 and 90 degrees Fahrenheit.

If standby mode consumes the most power, turn the phone off and restart it later. This problem seems to be very common in 10.3.1581. My guess is that the battery saving mode, which is a new feature in 10.3.1 is not coded well.
    �n stand-by mode all ICs (or most of them) should be turned off and only leakage current should be present.
    The fact that this problem reappears randomly (it shows up on my passport every other day or so) tells me that there is a bug in the software that controls when the ICs are turned on and off.
    I am guessing this battery saving mode is also the culprit for the flickering a lot of people are experiencing.
    03-04-15 09:06 PM
    I noticed that my reception aka radio went to shart after the update. My battery is also worse. Maybe it's getting sharty battery because its fighting for a better signal!

Bla blah blah yeah I know "wait until the OS settles"...

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 10:00 PM
    Poor battery life and running hot on new passport-img_20150304_232312.png
    I backed up my phone full backup then did a security wipe and installed the update via BlackBerry link and finally restored my phone and all I had is one camera flicker that's it and battery life is great. I have done 2 hard resets to get everything settled inane now it's back to normal. Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 10:27 PM
    Better return the device and get a replacement.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 11:26 PM
    When I'm at 20% at the end of the day the display is at 27% the system is at 22% and standby is at 8% while everything else is at 2-3%. I'm not exactly sure what system does but does this seem like normal stats to everyone else?

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 11:55 PM
    Hello, have searched this forum, but did not find any solutions. Got a passport on sunday, but so far not been happy with the overall batterylife. bairly lasts me a day of moderate use, and the passport is constantly running hot, also when not in active use, which makes me think that there is something drainning the battery.

Have installes the latest leak 10.3.1.2480, disabled all notofications of android apps, have to e-mails accounts with 30min update rate, one exchange e-mail, facebook, twitter, linkedin, bbm which (i think) is always on, though does not appear that PIM is the curse of my battery drain/heating issue.

Also have a iPhone 6, and mostly have about 50% (+/-) battery life left when going to bed. This in my first blackberry, so quite new to the system, so hope anyone in here can guide me to how I can improve battery.
    BlackBerry are just testing this Os so maybe there is some bugs in it. You know what leaks are like!

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 01:30 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150304_232312.png 
Views:	1620 
Size:	83.1 KB 
ID:	338933
    I backed up my phone full backup then did a security wipe and installed the update via BlackBerry link and finally restored my phone and all I had is one camera flicker that's it and battery life is great. I have done 2 hard resets to get everything settled inane now it's back to normal. Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    This is what I am trying to avoid. Full clean installs are a pain. To get my Passport started I transfered everything over from my z10 running 10.2 using Link, which worked great. All contacts, texts, even settings ported over. Doing that all from scratch is not desirable.

I'm hoping a future update solves the battery life issues. I mean my battery is WAY better than my old z10, but nowhere near what I was expecting with people reporting multiple days on a single charge.

03-05-15 10:20 AM
    This is what I am trying to avoid. Full clean installs are a pain. To get my Passport started I transfered everything over from my z10 running 10.2 using Link, which worked great. All contacts, texts, even settings ported over. Doing that all from scratch is not desirable.

I'm hoping a future update solves the battery life issues. I mean my battery is WAY better than my old z10, but nowhere near what I was expecting with people reporting multiple days on a single charge.

Hi, I just posted about a crazy battery issue with my at&t passport and got some good responses might want to check it out. I did post about saving my text and everything via link. So if you do a full back up, and then restore your text messages will be recovered as well if you completely start your BlackBerry over? If so, is there anything special I should do or will clicking restore to an earlier file be enough.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 11:22 AM
    This is due to the 10.3 OS.
    I have had my Passport for a few months and was getting almost two days of use on one charge. After the 10.3 OS was forced on me (I had auto-update) the phone is hot on stand-by and barely lasts a day. I do not feel comfortable messing with OS on my own so I am patiently waiting for AT&T to release a fix.
    03-05-15 11:28 AM
    After several restarting and turning off notification and background running apps, still had poor batterylife. Did several full resets/whipe and now it seems to be much improved and the phone does not run as hot.

Though did a full backup with the blackberry software on my pc, but after I installed the backup non af my backed up content is on my phone. Seems like the full backup option did not backup anything at all, only 77mb backed up but had over 4gb contend on my phone. So did another reset and started all over, and like said everything seems fine now.

After a very intense day, I have 31% power left, allot of GPS navigation and calls, a few photos, text, emails, app installing and patching used several android apps that ran in the background all day. With this intense day I have what I the other day did with minimal use, so am happy.
    03-05-15 12:33 PM
    Wonderful advice with the radio switch, my standby status now reads 0.49% instead of a typical 5.2% (constant since I loaded the leak). Much appreciated
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    03-05-15 12:34 PM
    Wonderful advice with the radio switch, my standby status now reads 0.49% instead of a typical 5.2% (constant since I loaded the leak). Much appreciated
    You switched your radio to 2072 radio?

BlackBerry Passport 10.3.1.2480
    03-05-15 01:11 PM
    When I first got mine, had the same issues. Battery barely lasted a day and the right side near the volume buttons were constantly warm. Both issues were gone after a couple of days. My battery lasts me two days now and the warmth on the right side is completely gone.

Maybe the battery just needed a little breaking in.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 01:21 PM
    This is due to the 10.3.1 OS.
    fixed
    BBRYQ10 likes this.
    03-05-15 01:27 PM
    You switched your radio to 2072 radio?

BlackBerry Passport 10.3.1.2480
    Yes I did, a few hours ago. Drain seems to have gone, I'll wait till tomorrow to be sure, but after updating to the leak, my battery life plummeted I'd recommend the switch but results may vary (as it does even with official versions)
    KorChi_JapThai likes this.
    03-05-15 01:55 PM
    Did you just drag n drop the radio file into Sachesi? Or delete the old radio file first? I'm willing to give this a go.

03-05-15 03:47 PM
    After the update to 10.3.1 my Passport is heating up and draining the battery in 7 hours of very light use, I was getting 2 days before the update.

I wiped the Passport to factory defaults then restored from backup, phone was then fine for 2 days but has again now started heating up and draining the battery. The next step is the wipe and not to restore but I don't have the will, it is so time consuming.

What is annoying though is that BlackBerry offer no support for these types of problems (or any nowadays), the only support contact options are to tweet blackberryhelp who don't bother to respond. That is just pathetic, we all know they are have a few cash flow issues etc at the moment but to not even offer phone support, they haven't even bothered with the cheap offshore option all the other vendors usually go down to cut costs.

Blackberry can I have my efficient Passport back someway please?

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 06:17 PM
    When I'm at 20% at the end of the day the display is at 27% the system is at 22% and standby is at 8% while everything else is at 2-3%. I'm not exactly sure what system does but does this seem like normal stats to everyone else?

Posted via CB10
    Yes. Normal.
    03-05-15 07:27 PM
51 123