View Poll Results: Round Corner Passport or Tradional Style Passport

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll
  • Round Cornered Passport

83 52.53%
  • Straight Edged Passport

75 47.47%
    I don't know why but I am feeling the round corners on the Passport Revealed at CES today

Please Vote and leave some comments
    Attached Thumbnails [Poll] AT&T exclusive rounded Passport vs original Passport?-edge-passport.jpg   [Poll] AT&T exclusive rounded Passport vs original Passport?-round-passport.jpg  
    01-07-15 11:13 AM
    Hmmm ok, but there is enough place for the 4th row!

Posted via Q10Bold
    allwi likes this.
    01-07-15 11:14 AM

Posted via Q10Bold
    Ahhhhh very good observation!!!! . Hopefully the passport 2 or classic 2 carries the 4th row back for sure!!!!
    cseggleton likes this.
    01-07-15 11:21 AM
    Looks beautiful.
    Putting them side by side it feels as if the original passport is a test-device.
    Shame we can't get our hands on the rounded one as it's AT&T /US exclusive.
    01-07-15 11:27 AM
    i like the rounded design more for sure but this is stupid on BB part. You **** off some people that just bought the device and now you take on more manufacturing costs
    01-07-15 11:40 AM
    I honestly still like the traditional style...Looks classier to me. Maybe its just the pictures I've seen so far, but the new one looks cheaper/just like any other phone out there. I wonder if the rounded one will fix some of the manufacturing problems, though.
    01-07-15 11:59 AM
    Like the original. More distinctive. And better at delivering a death blow.

Posted via CB10
    NtotheK and oldtimeBBaddict like this.
    01-07-15 12:04 PM
    Regular, since I don't have to deal with AT&T to get it.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 12:05 PM
    I like the original, though the new design does resolve the structural weakness around the Y axis (the corkscrew bend). Regardless, I'd still choose the original design if I had a choice to do it again.
    jmr1015, jupiter8 and anon(870071) like this.
    01-07-15 12:43 PM
    I think the new rounded BlackBerry Passport will be a hit, but I agree it's a bit of a kick in the teeth for those who've already purchased the original BlackBerry Passport. I would like to see the new version of the Passport in Canada.

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    EsJayDee likes this.
    01-07-15 12:50 PM
    It should go in and out of your pocket much easier, so it makes sense!
    Ralph V and keepit dry like this.
    01-07-15 12:52 PM
    I like the original. Square corners never bothered me. But I guess it can put off some of potential buyers.

Posted with my super duper BlackBerry Passport.
    01-07-15 12:53 PM
    The new style looks like a mix with the Classic, it looks more traditional even in terms of BlackBerry. However I am not sure which style I like more, the edged design looks pretty unique for the unique device. It also relates better to the Passport - passport (device - pass) phrase BlackBerry built up prior release.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 12:53 PM
    Conflicted on the rounded edges but I like the slightly taller chin. More space to hold it with which means typing won't be as cramped.

Posted via CB10
    RazzBerry likes this.
    01-07-15 12:55 PM
    I love both! I love both! Must have both!
    01-07-15 12:57 PM

Posted via Q10Bold
    Not agree then the bottom row will be too low making the phone top heavy

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 12:59 PM
    I am more astonished by the fact that BlackBerry will manufacturer a whole new device (essentially a new device) for a carrier. This is rather unprecedented. I wonder how many units AT&T promised to buy from BlackBerry.

sentimentGX4 and FTillery like this.
    01-07-15 01:02 PM
    I am more astonished by the fact that BlackBerry will manufacturer a whole new device (essentially a new device) for a carrier. This is rather unprecedented. I wonder how many units AT&T promised to buy from BlackBerry.

Obviously enough to be interesting enough in terms of financials for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    01-07-15 01:06 PM
    Looks as though BB is bending over backwards for AT&T,Ouch!!! haha
    anon(679606) likes this.
    01-07-15 01:11 PM
    i like the rounded design more for sure but this is stupid on BB part. You **** off some people that just bought the device and now you take on more manufacturing costs
    Not sure if it has become taller or not, but the rounded corners make it look even more like a real passport. I think it looks Ok either way.

I do have to agree with howarmat though. They have increased manufacturing costs, diluted the product range with another worthless variation, and set themselves up to be screwed by AT&T. I thought the plan was to focus on other international markets and not the USA, home of the iBelieve.

Anyway, let's hope the contract with AT&T is watertight.
    anon(870071) likes this.
    01-07-15 01:19 PM
    I'm liking the extra space on the bottom more than the rounded corners. Overall the device looks nice either way.

I'm on AT&T so will most likely pick one up. Glad I didn't yield to temptation to get the white one as a second device.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 01:20 PM
    the rounded corners make it look even more like a real passport.
    I've never seen a passport with rounded corners.... As a matter of fact I just pulled mine out of the desk and nope, it's not rounded..
    FairlightRacing and gfondeur like this.
    01-07-15 01:21 PM
    It looks like a larger classic, I never liked the way the metal rim sits around the classic, a bit too uniform for me. And the keyboard on the new passport looks odd, there seems to be a lot more wasted space, are the keys smaller or something? Just doesn't have that premium look...well till its in the hand before one really knows. Based on pictures if I had to order again, I'd buy the original again....
    Meok and jupiter8 like this.
    01-07-15 01:25 PM
    I've never seen a passport with rounded corners.... As a matter of fact I just pulled mine out of the desk and nope, it's not rounded..
    Hahaha was thinking same here. The phone looks better in photos though in my opinion

NewsFlash! The highest rankin g American citizen is using a BlackBerry
    01-07-15 01:26 PM
    It just look bu++ugly. I was stunned by that ugly thang. Thought it was a prototype from 2012. It ruins the entire design concept. Of course, for those who watched the BlackBerry official video about the design of the passport.

With the round corner it looks like a joke. Don't expect great reactions from that. They will laugh about it.

Reminded me of this one:
    01-07-15 01:28 PM
283 123 ...