I've had my Passport in my back pocket lately and when I take it out I've got to deal with my device having gone through a bunch of incorrect passwords, OR a bunch of random typing or app nonsense or dialling. Does anyone know if there is a way to avoid the screen being reactive in my pocket? I love out swipe gestures but especially in hot weather when my backside must be warm enough to swipe the screen or something when I walk it's causing reall hassle.

Obviously, I've tried locking the screen, but then I end up going through loads of incorrect picture password attempts in my pocket...ideas?

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 04:34 AM
    I've had my Passport in my back pocket lately and when I take it out I've got to deal with my device having gone through a bunch of incorrect passwords, OR a bunch of random typing or app nonsense or dialling. Does anyone know if there is a way to avoid the screen being reactive in my pocket? I love out swipe gestures but especially in hot weather when my backside must be warm enough to swipe the screen or something when I walk it's causing reall hassle.

Obviously, I've tried locking the screen, but then I end up going through loads of incorrect picture password attempts in my pocket...ideas?

Posted via CB10
    Ever since I dropped my Passport 5 feet onto a marble tile floor.... it seems to have become far more sensitive to 'swiping in my pocket' and also tries multiple password entries.......

.... since the drop I always make sure I 'long press K' to lock the phone before it goes back in my pocket.

(note: my Passport has no visible signs of damage, and was also never affected by frequent previous drops onto carpet).

If anybody has any ideas, I'd love to know too.
    Last edited by BigAl_BB9900; 07-02-15 at 09:20 AM.
    07-02-15 05:53 AM
    I've noticed that my passport becomes possessed sometimes when I'm active or its hot out. Idk, the body head in my pocket must register as a touch on the screen, because I'll pull my phone out and there are a bunch of apps open and people have been called sometimes lol

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 06:17 AM
    Yes that's been my experience. I wish we could have an option to go top button only to turn on at times.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 06:54 AM
    Go to Settings� display� then turn off the "swipe to wake"

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 and last_attempt like this.
    07-02-15 06:57 AM
    Go to Settings� display� then turn off the "swipe to wake"

Posted via CB10
    You Sir, are a superstar. Thanks!

Why had I forgotten about that function.....? (the girlfriend has just told me it must be my old age.... hmm....)
    Last edited by BigAl_BB9900; 07-02-15 at 09:22 AM. Reason: added girlie's sarcy comment
    muker1515 likes this.
    07-02-15 07:00 AM
    Ah yes of course. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 07:59 AM
    Wow, hope this does it. Both my Q5 and Z30 have been going absolutely bonkers while in my pocket. Taking pictures, movies,5 password attempts and changing my alarm settings all while in my pocket!

Posted via CB10
    Does work. Thanks, it was a real pain before now it's great.
    Last edited by last_attempt; 07-02-15 at 10:24 AM.
    07-02-15 09:07 AM
    Swipe to Wake is also a bit of a battery drain, so it always goes off.

With StW turned off, does the Passport keyboard activate the screen when it's locked? I've had that problem with my Classic when it's in my pocket, though that's the scroll-nubbin.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 10:06 AM
    Problem solved on the Passport. U button still turns the screen on, but the buttons don't get pushed in my back pocket so it's all good. I'd thought there was a simple fix but went into the wrong settings area and didn't see it. Thanks again.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 10:14 AM
    Swipe to Wake is also a bit of a battery drain, so it always goes off.

With StW turned off, does the Passport keyboard activate the screen when it's locked? I've had that problem with my Classic when it's in my pocket, though that's the scroll-nubbin.

Posted via CB10
    Only a long press on the U key
    07-02-15 10:27 AM
    You will find that you still get occasional pocket dials even with swipe to wake turned off and screen locked. There is a new solution to the problem, an app called PocketSafe has just arrived in BlackBerry World. It not only prevents pocket dialing but also prevents accidental muting or face dialing while talking on the phone and pressing it against your face.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 12:52 PM
    Same experience when I am using the phone naked.
    Bought a flip top case that covers the screen and no more accidental password trials.
    The other solution is to de activate the swip to wake gesture.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    07-28-15 05:09 PM
    I got the same problem!
    Really don't know how to solve!

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 05:49 PM
    Yeah this has been disturbing me as well with both my Passport and my Classic. Other workaround you may wish to try is to put your phone in the pocket with the screen and the keypads facing outside of your body to avoid the heat contact which sometimes might be registered as a swipe..

BBRY needs to work on a fix for this, really..

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 06:17 PM
    Encrypt your phone and hit the top button before it goes in pocket.

Posted from a Passport or Z30. Get one!
    07-28-15 06:55 PM
    I use an app called pocketsafe, used it since beta worth the price

Posted via my new passport
    07-28-15 08:56 PM
    I use an app called pocketsafe, used it since beta worth the price

Thanks Sean!! My app PocketSafe should fix your pocket typing issue indeed, give it a try!

PocketSafe is out now, and you can get it free for a limited time (promo ends August 1st).

Promo code:
    POCKETSAFEFREE

If you prefer paying for it , head over here :
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59967056

Posted via CB10
    Sean Fanelli likes this.
    07-28-15 09:26 PM
    Thanks Sean!! My app PocketSafe should fix your pocket typing issue indeed, give it a try!

PocketSafe is out now, and you can get it free for a limited time (promo ends August 1st).

Promo code:
    POCKETSAFEFREE

If you prefer paying for it , head over here :
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59967056

Posted via CB10
    I've been looking for an app as I've had this problem for a long time, this is awesome.

Thank you sir
    07-28-15 11:21 PM
    Stick or stitch an NFC tag on the back side may help. Otherwise try a case with magnet sleep will sort out those pocket action. It will add some extra thickness though.

Posted from my Passport
    07-29-15 08:14 AM
    Never out the screen facing your body while in a tight pocket.

Disable swipe to wake

Make sure you lock the phone before putting it in your pocket

If none of that work, but a BlackBerry original pouch. The magnet will keep the screen locked

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 08:20 AM
    Never out the screen facing your body while in a tight pocket.

Disable swipe to wake

Make sure you lock the phone before putting it in your pocket

If none of that work, but a BlackBerry original pouch. The magnet will keep the screen locked

Posted via CB10
    If non of that works, cellphones are not for you!

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 08:23 AM
    Only a long press on the U key
    I've noticed you do not need to long press the U key to wake the phone. A short press works too.
    07-29-15 08:28 AM
    Happened to me today, not in hot weather, but in rainy conditions. I live in Denmark and here, regardless of season, it will always rain, sometimes without warning, just like today. Sun all day, then a nasty summer rain, then sun again. The phone turned on the flashlight and called 7 people. I've disable swipe to wake and set a password and I hope it won't happen again.
    07-29-15 10:34 AM
    I've been looking for an app as I've had this problem for a long time, this is awesome.

Thank you sir
    Turn on battery saver also, helps alot

07-29-15 07:27 PM
36 12