I can minimize and/or lock the screen while still listening to the audio on the Z30 and Classic, but for some reason, the Passport Silver Edition just won't do it. I can't even put it faced down for I have the battery saving feature to put it to sleep on.

I misplaced my Z30, and trying to take a break from the Classic since I just got my PP a couple weeks ago and not sure if I had tried this before; i s this happening to anyone else? Is this normal for the PP? Did I messed with the wrong setting somewhere?

I use the YouTube "app" that's just the link; Fastube works, but don't really like since for many years I've grown accustomed to the simplicity of the native shortcut.

Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    11-06-16 10:21 AM
    I just tried it, mine works, locked the screen, flipped the phone, youtube kept on playing... Maybe some setting in advanced interaction?
    11-06-16 10:53 AM
    I would do a security wipe and load everything from scratch. Don't load a backup from link.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-16 11:08 AM
    Have you tried StereoTube? Not only is it a YouTube plugin but it allows you to download the actual song or video

Posted via CB10
    11-06-16 12:39 PM
    I can play youtube with screen locked too. Att passport.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    11-06-16 06:28 PM
    My passport black does it and none of my family or friends could. Thought that was cool!:-)

Posted via CB10
    11-06-16 10:16 PM
    Fastube also does this and downloads videos too. Still works well.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-16 10:28 PM
    Works on the original black passport, I do it all the time actually

Posted via CB10
    11-07-16 02:13 AM
    Hello everyone.

I have the feeling I had also done it on my PP before too; I just usually rely more on the Z30 for media consumption and can't be quite sure.

Over the years it has been one of the most important features on my phones but only now I realize exactly how very much. I usually play some talks while I lay down, or sometimes even while I'm playing video games.

Last night I was getting ready to go bed and every time I tried checking the calendar, set the alarm and finally when I put it face down over the headboard the audio kept stopping; it was real ticking me off!

Thanks for the advices and assuring me it should work the way I was expecting it to. This morning I also noticed the screen acting up: kept flashing as if trying to go to sleep but lighting back up.

I decided to go for what was recommended: do a security wipe and that's what it's been doing all day. I read the title on one of the posts about it taking a long time, so I knew better than expect to use my PP anytime soon. So hopefully by tomorrow morning, or afternoon, I will find out if that does the trick.

Thanks again.

Saludos.
    11-07-16 07:12 AM
    I just tried it with my PP Silver Edition and minds work just find. I open my Tidal app,played music then minimize the screen and lock it as well while the music was still playing

Posted via CB10
    11-07-16 11:40 AM
    Hello everyone.

I have the feeling I had also done it on my PP before too; I just usually rely more on the Z30 for media consumption and can't be quite sure.

Over the years it has been one of the most important features on my phones but only now I realize exactly how very much. I usually play some talks while I lay down, or sometimes even while I'm playing video games.

Last night I was getting ready to go bed and every time I tried checking the calendar, set the alarm and finally when I put it face down over the headboard the audio kept stopping; it was real ticking me off!

Thanks for the advices and assuring me it should work the way I was expecting it to. This morning I also noticed the screen acting up: kept flashing as if trying to go to sleep but lighting back up.

I decided to go for what was recommended: do a security wipe and that's what it's been doing all day. I read the title on one of the posts about it taking a long time, so I knew better than expect to use my PP anytime soon. So hopefully by tomorrow morning, or afternoon, I will find out if that does the trick.

Thanks again.

Saludos.
    I do hope that the wipe cures your phone of any glitches. Again a reminder as to not use any backups from Link that you may have made. Just sign in and load all the apps and accounts manually to be sure it's the phone or a glitch in the software/backup.
    Best of luck and let us know how it goes

Posted via CB10
    11-07-16 10:01 PM