Anyone have the box that their passport came in? I'm not talking about the one that says "blackberry passport" but rather the one that has the shipping label on it.

The senders address on my box is "plainfield returns center, plainfield Indiana. Does this seem right? Why would my device be sent from a return center?

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 05:10 PM
    My Z30 came from the same place. Luckily there was no double tape, only one piece of original seal. There is a whole thread on this. Digital river sent me a used passport I believe that's the name. I hope your device is okay. I won't purchase from shop blackberry again, next BlackBerry will be from amazon. Your device may have been returned and unopened, check to see if the seals are okay. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 05:22 PM
    My Passport came from there too but when I see the phone everything seemed new so I didn't really care.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 05:40 PM
    Is that the only place they send them from? Mine was single taped but there is a stain/discolored part on the back of the phone like it was a display model and had something glued to it, everything else seems new (other than the trashy volume keys) hopefully my costumer service responds in a timley manner so I can exchange devices. I would have also bought it from amazon but they were not offering a discount code.

That gets me thinking if the discount code was a way to get rid of bad inventory or if it was an agreement that you would receive a used device

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 05:57 PM
    Mine did infact come from Indiana it was ordered from Shop BlackBerry, my wife's that was ordered through Amazon (months after mine) also came from Plainfield Indiana.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2267 -Q10SQN100-5/10.2.1.3 Posted via CB
    03-09-15 06:09 PM
    Is that the only place they send them from? Mine was single taped but there is a stain/discolored part on the back of the phone like it was a display model and had something glued to it, everything else seems new (other than the trashy volume keys) hopefully my costumer service responds in a timley manner so I can exchange devices.

Posted via CB10

I read a thread about some discolouration near the BlackBerry logo on the passport. Not sure if that the same on yours.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 06:29 PM
    Do you have a link? Because that's exactly what I have

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 06:42 PM
    Type in the search. Passport back cover spot or passport stain. I just checked it, don't know how to give you a link. I am using cb10.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 06:50 PM
    I received mine last week from the return center, a passport. Sent a long email yesterday to BlackBerry about this. I asked them to guarantee me my unit wasn't a return. Provided then with my order number.

My unit is near perfect other than the light bleed around the keys. Not a scuff or scratch. The keys are solid and not loose. My box came with the proper seals but the box was faded and scratched up. My unit could have been perfect but it doesn't matter. Just the fact it's coming from a return center and could be a used unit is deceptive on the part of Digital River and BlackBerry.

Receiving a unit with the security tape intact and not double taped doesn't necessarily mean it's not a refurb unit. All those units that are returned and refurbished they have to rebox them somehow. I'm sure they have a pile of boxes and a roll of security tape they can reseal boxes with.

If I don't hear anything from BlackBerry this week I'm just going to call my credit card company and get a refund. Screw Digital River and their RMA's. They want their unit back they will have to pay for the shipping. It will be the second time I'm sending a unit back. No way I'm paying for shipping.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 06:50 PM
    I received mine last week from the return center, a passport. Sent a long email yesterday to BlackBerry about this. I asked them to guarantee me my unit wasn't a return. Provided then with my order number.

My unit is near perfect other than the light bleed around the keys. Not a scuff or scratch. The keys are solid and not loose. My box came with the proper seals but the box was faded and scratched up. My unit could have been perfect but it doesn't matter. Just the fact it's coming from a return center and could be a used unit is deceptive on the part of Digital River and BlackBerry.

Receiving a unit with the security tape intact and not double taped doesn't necessarily mean it's not a refurb unit. All those units that are returned and refurbished they have to rebox them somehow. I'm sure they have a pile of boxes and a roll of security tape they can reseal boxes with.

If I don't hear anything from BlackBerry this week I'm just going to call my credit card company and get a refund. Screw Digital River and their RMA's. They want their unit back they will have to pay for the shipping. It will be the second time I'm sending a unit back. No way I'm paying for shipping.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with you 100% my z30 may be refurbished . That's why I won't buy from shop BlackBerry again. When I buy new, I expect new. You will pay for return shipping though, I cancelled a previous order and had to pay the shipping.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 06:55 PM
    Type in the search. Passport back cover spot or passport stain. I just checked it, don't know how to give you a link. I am using cb10.

Posted via CB10
    You're not a long time BlackBerry user are you? Welcome to BlackBerry!

You'll want this app A.S.A.P http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/20079866

All you have to do is tap share and scroll down to ClipMan.

Posted via CB10
    Me2 likes this.
    03-09-15 07:20 PM
    You're not a long time BlackBerry user are you? Welcome to BlackBerry!

You'll want this app A.S.A.P http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/20079866

All you have to do is tap share and scroll down to ClipMan.

Posted via CB10
    Actually, I've been using a BlackBerry since the curve 8310. Just started posting on the forums not too long ago. Thanks for the app tip.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 07:34 PM
    This sucks, such an awesome phone but the customer service is trash. I just want a phone whose buttons don't rattle I don't even care about the stain anymore. It's probably not even worth the inconvenience to get another one because it will probably have the same problem.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 07:35 PM
    Makes me think if I should do something as well? The device otherwise feels/looks brand new and I already spent $55 to get it ghost armored. How will your credit card company just refund the money, what will you have to say?

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 08:14 PM
    Makes me think if I should do something as well? The device otherwise feels/looks brand new and I already spent $55 to get it ghost armored. How will your credit card company just refund the money, what will you have to say?

Posted via CB10
    My Amex has purchase insurance. Most credit cards do. I find Amex the best for their clients.
    If BlackBerry or digital river cannot prove this unit is new then they can arrange to have it picked up themselves.
    I have communicated this already to Amex and they said not to worry I won't have to pay for shipping since this is my second issue with this merchant.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 09:08 PM
    Hmm maybe I should call my credit card company and look into it...although at the same time I think why bother. I am with the phone for the most part otherwise.
    03-09-15 09:39 PM
    I believe Sachesi ver 2 will tell you if the unit is refurbished when you connect.
    03-09-15 09:43 PM
    I believe Sachesi ver 2 will tell you if the unit is refurbished when you connect.
    Can anyone confirm this please.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 10:51 PM
    Wow! I will check the shipping box, luckily I still have it.

Posted via CB10 from Passport
    03-09-15 11:08 PM
    I put in an email asking for an exchange and they responded with

"Unfortunately, we are unable to provide exchange of phones. You may wish to return the item and reorder the same product."

They did offer to send me a return label so they are paying for the return shipping (to my surprise), I also asked if they are going to give me another discount code to honor my original -100$ purchase.

Are they allowed to refuse? If they send me a defective unit and refuse to replace and only offer a return with a re-purchase of the device at a higher cost can I just dispute the original charge?

Also I just reread the email and all they did was ask for information they already had about me (such as email adress????) and said they will respond in 2-3 days.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 11:50 AM
    Ya they told me an exchange is with refurbished/returned units and that is their policy. If you want new you have to reorder and hope you get a new one. Sad thing is you have to pay to ship the original one back and pay again to get the new one shipped. Also, they don't refund you the original shipping... So bottom line is you are out almost $80 for trying to get that new phone you wanted in the first place... I say keep it if its useable..... Next time order on launch day before there are any returns.. lol
    03-10-15 03:03 PM
    I don't believe my phone has been returned previously I think it is new it's just that the volume buttons rattle severely and I'm worried that after a few months I'll have unusable volume buttons. Also when I take video clips all you can hear is a rattle when the phone moves around. That's why I want a new one. But I think your right it's too much of a hassle and I'll just have to deal with it. They are willing to pay for return shipping so I'll see how far I can push them before I give up.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 03:36 PM
    I don't believe my phone has been returned previously I think it is new it's just that the volume buttons rattle severely and I'm worried that after a few months I'll have unusable volume buttons. Also when I take video clips all you can hear is a rattle when the phone moves around. That's why I want a new one. But I think your right it's too much of a hassle and I'll just have to deal with it. They are willing to pay for return shipping so I'll see how far I can push them before I give up.

Posted via CB10
    Mine rattle aswell don't worry about it!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2243
    03-10-15 05:01 PM
    Digital River truly sucks arrogantly and deceptively. If you guys were hit by a refurbished or used or defective Passport, they will definitely deny your request of exchange. Stay away from Digital River to save your pains and life. Just go to directly contact Blackberry company. They will friendly give you an exchange and just return your device to BlackBerry directly. Their customer service is: [email protected]. She will take care of your purchase and exchange. She is very nice Blackberry representative. Digital River is just a notorious sale agent.

I'm in waiting for my third replacement. I got first Passport with several scratches and dirty frame. Then received a second defective screen and keyboard, which may be damaged by Digital River poor handling and packing. So right now I'm waiting for a third replacement to end my painful experience in Blackberry purchase which is in fact from Digital River agent.

If Digital River had a good customer service, I would at first receive a brand new Passport. But unfortunately, It's not that decent sale agent. On the contrary, it sold used and also damaged your second by poor handling and packing, I guess intentionally. This wasted lots of time in dealing with nasty Digital River service, even though I directly contacted Blackberry. But the replacement is still come out from Digital River. However, if you don't contact Blackberry, you would not get replacement.
    And also the replacement requested by Blackberry instead of me is Brand new, not a refurbished or used. But unfortunately, Digital River damaged it with poor handling and packing.

So now I'm waiting for a third replacement. All two defective phones had been recorded. I also record the third one, if it's still defective one. I will return it immediately and stay far away from Blackberry.
    03-10-15 10:53 PM
    I'm going to go ahead and give that a try. Digital river is just sending generic emails and not even listening to me.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 11:37 PM
38 12