I tried to set the picture password feature of my password because I wanted to look cool instead of a boring password request but just had a fright!!
    It's far too precise so much so that the number I'm dragging which is of course hidden under the dragging finger wasn't in the exact area in six attempts :-0! This was a harrowing experience and I thought I'd end up wiping it, is there anyway to make it less demanding or do people just forget it and use plain old password request?

Posted via CB10
    harshik likes this.
    03-15-15 05:13 PM
    I also just use a passport, because I also think it's way to precise. Think it's easyer to set a quick and easy password.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 05:19 PM
    Put your fingertips near the number, not on the number. Then it is easy to be precise. I love it.
    clitrenta likes this.
    03-15-15 05:26 PM
    You can touch the screen anywhere (so you don't put your finger right on your number) and just move the number grid around until your number lands on your spot.

Posted via CB10
    MuchoZzz likes this.
    03-15-15 05:29 PM
    wht would you put your finger on the number? People will see that and the purpose of the picture lock is gone. You always have multiple numbers on your screen. Pick the number and put your finger somewhere else.

And how do you get to 6 unsuccessful attempts with a picture lock? After 5 unsuccessful attempts my PP asks me to input "blackberry" and then asks for the letter/number password. There is no way that you should go into the danger of wiping your phone.
    03-15-15 06:39 PM
    Same here. I am shocked at how precise is the picture password. I prefer a traditional password.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 06:47 PM
    Today I tested it and you're right. It's quite imprecise...
    03-15-15 07:09 PM
    I think the problem that some people assume is that you need to put your finger on the number.
    You can put your finger anywhere on the screen and move the number grid so you can see exactly when your number lines up ( since it isn't covered).
    As was pointed out, if you actually put your finger over the number, not only is it hard to line up but anyone watching over your shoulder can easily see which number you selected as well as the selected unlock position...defeating the whole point.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 07:20 PM
    It's by far super easy if you know how to move the numbers. Think of numbers showing like an image on top of image showing on password lock screen. Now drag the number picture and don't put your finger on top of number you are trying for opening. Give few tries and you are good to go.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Black Edition
    03-15-15 07:21 PM
    I, too, thought you had to put your finger on the number. As soon as I learned that's not the case, I have been using Picture Password ever since. I love it, and also love the look on people's faces when I use it.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 07:43 PM
    Picture password is great for unlocking such a wide device with only one hand, using only a single thumb. As previously pointed out, this works because you can touch anywhere on screen to move the grid of numbers around.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    03-15-15 07:47 PM
    Sucks when your number is not within reach of its spot with one try
    03-15-15 08:20 PM
    One thing about the passport, is picture password was obviously not optimized for the screen. There is far too many times when my number is not even on the screen. Never had an issue with z10.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480 | any questions? Feel free to shoot me a msg @ http://www.pin.bbm.com/C003EA0BE
    03-15-15 08:30 PM
    You can touch the screen anywhere (so you don't put your finger right on your number) and just move the number grid around until your number lands on your spot.

Posted via CB10
    He's right. When I first started using picture password I use to put my finger directly on the number. Now I just put it anywhere on the screen and slide my finger until the number is in the right spot. Also it's good practice never to put the finger directly on the number so if someone is looking over your shoulder he won't see what your number is.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 09:58 PM
    Its easy to do the picture password instead of putting ur finger on the number u can drag it from any other areas (swipe from anywhere other than the number itself, it's easy )

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 10:13 PM
    OP - you don't have to put your finger on the digit you chose. You can touch anywhere on screen, over any digit, and move the grid. As long as the right digit reaches the spot, it'd unlock.

My problem is somewhat unrelated -- it is too damn hard to unlock quickly while driving (I know, I know, shouldn't be using phone while driving). It takes lot more concentration to a) spot the digit you want and b) move the grid, keeping an eye on target digit and target spot. Whereas if it is a regular password, you can type partial password, look at the road, look back down and continue typing rest of the password.
    03-16-15 12:18 AM
    Picture password is a brilliant. Been using it since it was introduced on Z10.

BLΛCKBΣЯЯY ⓟⓐⓢⓢⓟⓞⓡⓣ
    03-16-15 12:32 AM
    ahh, so many people need to learn more about picture password in this thread.
    03-16-15 12:43 AM
    Yeah picpass is no good while driving as it needs full attention while numlock can be done a number at a time.
    03-16-15 01:07 AM
    Aha!! Is see what you mean I was trying to move the number by directly covering it not realising I could touch it anywhere thank you for that, oh and yes it must of been five fails the type blackberry then pass code sorry for being imprecise there.
    Still it seems you must be within a tiny tolerance of the area which is obviously the idea so someone can't just guess within an inch or whatever but for me I think it's too fiddly.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 01:18 AM
    Omg picture password is the best security lock ever. How could you say it's annoying. Haha.

I think someone should do a good tutorial video for picture password so no more confusion.
    03-16-15 03:00 AM
    Think it was because in my mind It made sense to cover the number with the finger so 'tall Tom phone pincher' behind me couldn't see the number hovering over the correct area thus rendering the whole process moot.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    03-16-15 04:15 AM
    Yeah picpass is no good while driving as it needs full attention while numlock can be done a number at a time.
    Driving and using it are out of the question,lol
    03-16-15 05:56 AM
    Put your fingertips near the number, not on the number. Then it is easy to be precise. I love it.
    I suppose that would make sense.
    lang007 likes this.
    03-16-15 06:45 AM
    Anyone familiar with Picture Password and BES? I have BES and it seems this feature has been removed from my Passport... is this even possible?

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 07:52 AM
29 12