Has anyone moved from Classic to a Passport, or keeps a Classic as a backup phone? I was able to use my friends Classic today and it's awesome. Is there anything I can't do on the classic that I can do on my passport?

Android? No thanks. Just give me BB10 and CP/M and I'm a happy man.
    02-13-17 10:00 AM
    Has anyone moved from Classic to a Passport, or keeps a Classic as a backup phone? I was able to use my friends Classic today and it's awesome. Is there anything I can't do on the classic that I can do on my passport?

The Classic is definitely an awesome device. I was playing with one in store a couple months ago and I really wanted it but my Q5 was still working fine. Wish I bought one then looking back now.

with regards to differences, They can basically do the same thing. There are a couple small differences. The Passport has a touch sensitive keyboard which allows for swipe gestures whereas the Classic is 'normal' .

The Passport also has 4K video recording and the Classic only has 1080p. Passport also has OIS for steady video. You can also rotate the Passport screen whereas the Classic is fixed.

Small things like that

Posted Via BlackBerry Q5
    Last edited by Matty; 02-14-17 at 09:03 AM.
    02-13-17 10:07 AM
    The Classic is definitely an awesome device. I was playing with one in store a couple months ago and I really wanted it but my Q5 was still working fine. Wish I bought one then looking back now.

with regards to differences, They can basically do the same thing. There are a couple small differences. The Passport has a touch sensitive keyboard which allows for swipe gestures whereas the Classic is 'normal' .

The Passport also has 4K video recording and the Classic only has 1080p. Passport also has OIS for steady video. You can also rotate the Passport screen whereas the Classic is fixed.

Small things like that

Posted Via BlackBerry Q5
    Passport doesn't have 4K video recording. It has 1080p 60fps

Posted via CB10
    02-13-17 10:13 AM
    The biggest difference I found was speed. I LOVED my classic for quick texts and things but browsing and more intensive things you really notice the difference with the passport. Still an awesome little phone for day to day use though.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-17 10:14 AM
    [QUOTE=Matty;12763176]

That's such a small thing that would drive me crazy. I use it everyday, but I guess the touchpad would do the same thing?

02-13-17 10:21 AM
    The real major difference between the Classic and the Passport is the horsepower. The Classic is just a touch slower than the Passport. Not in a drive you crazy sort of slowness, but it is slower. I love the Classic and would recommend it to anyone who knows the limits of what it can do and could appreciate what it excels at.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876 
    02-13-17 10:40 AM
    Yeah honestly I enjoyed the touchpad dealie and toolbelt that I rarely ever touched the screen of the classic. It was probably easier to use in a lot of cases.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-17 10:41 AM
    Passport way better! I don't like the tool belt from the old school blackberries! The three row Passport keyboard looks clean and is the best functioning BlackBerry keyboard ever! I hated to have to use the shift keys on all othr BlackBerry's when typing numbers, etc!!

Posted via CB10
    02-13-17 10:45 AM
    Passport way better! I don't like the tool belt from the old school blackberries! The three row Passport keyboard looks clean and is the best functioning BlackBerry keyboard ever! I hated to have to use the shift keys on all othr BlackBerry's when typing numbers, etc!!

Posted via CB10
    Really? I found my typing speed is faster on the classic than on the PP because of punctuation and numbers.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876 
    02-13-17 10:48 AM
    A tad slower especially where it comes to browsing. But otherwise a great phone. Loved the trackpad. I have a PP today but I do miss the the Classic sometimes.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-17 09:51 AM