Ok kept pushing and BlackBerry will now send me a device first with a Credit card hold to which I am ok with.

I was told to check the phone they send me out and if everything is ok, I send them mine back and they credit my account.

My question to those that have done this is, will the phone they send me be new or will it be one that's riddled with other issues??

I'm doing this due to the double typing issue I am experiencing.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 06:18 PM
    This is only from personal experience, yours maybe different. I returned my white Passport due to 'over heating' and 'double typing' issues. When I received the replacement, it's not only having 'over heating' and 'double typing' issues but as well as 'screen flickering'...

It's more than 40 days now since I purchased the unit and still haven't used what I paid for. Instead, I'm spending more time and additional cost for follow-up. I'm still waiting for the second replacement. If this replacement will have issues too, a second Passport is probably not for me (us)...

Again, this is from personal experience... yours maybe different...

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 09:10 PM
    Damn this is terrible.

Are you telling me despite us telling them what the issue is, they actually have the audacity to send defective units?

One would think they would at a minimum test what they were sending out (with a deposit from us to boot) to make sure it's not having similar issues.

I'm not even in retail and I know better.

If BlackBerry truly wants to be great again, they need to relearn how to do the after sales service right.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 09:58 PM
    Ok kept pushing and BlackBerry will now send me a device first with a Credit card hold to which I am ok with.

I was told to check the phone they send me out and if everything is ok, I send them mine back and they credit my account.

My question to those that have done this is, will the phone they send me be new or will it be one that's riddled with other issues??

I'm doing this due to the double typing issue I am experiencing.

Posted via CB10

I've had new devices come as replacements until my very last one. I wrote a thread about it. The Passport they sent me had obvious physical damage, and it's concerning that whoever checks the devices or refurbishes them felt that this passed the test. I put the link below so you can see the pictures I attached. It had deep scratches and scuffs on the back and along the bottom edge, where the rubberized finish was completely scraped off. The camera lens plastic had scratches, and so did the stainless steel sides, but it was hard to take a photo of.

To give you an idea of how awful the process is, I contacted BlackBerry the day I made the thread, May 1, and I have received one call telling me that they are "investigating" and an email telling me that they are "still investigating." It will be May 12 tomorrow, so like I wrote in my thread, it will be mid or late May by the time I get another replacement.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...story-1016714/
    05-11-15 10:06 PM
    Could it be that they've outsourced their handset manufacturing to Taiwan-based Foxconn Group? Not sure how the contract reads, but sounds like Foxconn eats the cost for bad units so they claim they're good and send them back out...
    05-11-15 10:11 PM
    Are the units shipped in a box or are they shipped as a unit only less all packaging?

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 10:21 PM
    im experiencing problem with my P9983 too. it has been almost a month and yet no updates even.... =((
    05-11-15 10:40 PM
    u r so right on this.... BB aftersales is really just not there!!!!!!!!
    05-11-15 11:05 PM
    Are the units shipped in a box or are they shipped as a unit only less all packaging?

Posted via CB10
    They're shipped by themselves--no charger, nothing. It's just a Fed Ex box with another Fed Ex box inside (for you to use to return--so thoughtful!), and a small brown cardboard box with the Passport in a plastic sleeve and in bubble wrap.

They've always come like this, unless it's within 30 days, and you get the whole package.

Usually the phones are brand new, with the film over the screen and the camera lens and whole backplate and the sim card/SD card door.

The one I received had just the film over the screen (with tons of lint under it) and on the sim/SD card door.

I will say this... the one they sent me, while being pretty beat up, did have a new keyboard and it did NOT have the double typing issue haha.

This thread got me thinking about my replacement, and so I called them. After being on hold twice for about ten minutes each time, the person said it's been "escalated" and there have been ZERO updates on my case in four days.

BlackBerry's RMA repair process is really bad. BlackBerry is a very reputable company, so it's pretty jarring that their RMA department is God-awful.
    05-11-15 11:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    As a unit with no accessories. You keep your original accessories and send your phone back to them.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 11:17 PM
    But what about the fact that my original box and the serial number printed on it will no longer match the handset I have?

Not too good when I try and sell the phone after

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 11:26 PM
    They're shipped by themselves--no charger, nothing. It's just a Fed Ex box with another Fed Ex box inside (for you to use to return--so thoughtful!), and a small brown cardboard box with the Passport in a plastic sleeve and in bubble wrap.

They've always come like this, unless it's within 30 days, and you get the whole package.

Usually the phones are brand new, with the film over the screen and the camera lens and whole backplate and the sim card/SD card door.

The one I received had just the film over the screen (with tons of lint under it) and on the sim/SD card door.

I will say this... the one they sent me, while being pretty beat up, did have a new keyboard and it did NOT have the double typing issue haha.

This thread got me thinking about my replacement, and so I called them. After being on hold twice for about ten minutes each time, the person said it's been "escalated" and there have been ZERO updates on my case in four days.

BlackBerry's RMA repair process is really bad. BlackBerry is a very reputable company, so it's pretty jarring that their RMA department is God-awful.
    How did you know the keyboard was new? Was it physically any different from the one on your unit? Does it type differently? Are the keys stiffer?

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 11:28 PM
    Damn this is terrible.

Are you telling me despite us telling them what the issue is, they actually have the audacity to send defective units?

One would think they would at a minimum test what they were sending out (with a deposit from us to boot) to make sure it's not having similar issues.

I'm not even in retail and I know better.

If BlackBerry truly wants to be great again, they need to relearn how to do the after sales service right.

Posted via CB10
    Honestly, I don't know how BlackBerry is dealing with factory defective units. The main concerned is, BlackBerry doesn't acknowledging those issues that is why the replacement process is taking that long - like a normal process of delivering inventory stocks wherein the buyers already paid for the device.

This is one of the negative effects of a company that implementing a cost reduction program and running at minimum (trying to recover from lost). They have to sacrifice some operations (usually those non-direct profitable departments such as quality control and related services) not to mention that they have to use low labour cost, cheap parts and minimum production cost. That is why, as consumers, it is really important for us to check the companys' profile and current status (e.g. if they have resources for 'after sales service', 'support services', 'warranty', 'insurance', etc.) specially if we are going to purchase an expensive items.

For me, it just only that I still want to believe that BlackBerry still have the competency to emerge again as one of the best mobile phone manufacturers (as they used to)... but this experience is telling me different BlackBerry...

And you are right, "If BlackBerry truly wants to be great again, they need to relearn how to do the after sales service right."... OR ensure that the products their are producing are in standards, reliable, fully tested and free from any manufacturing defects... otherwise, they have to invest more on their 'support' and 'after sales service' departments...

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 11:43 PM
    How did you know the keyboard was new? Was it physically any different from the one on your unit? Does it type differently? Are the keys stiffer?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, the keyboard had a totally different feel than the ones that have had the double typing issue. The new one was stiffer and the keys weren't as mushy, if that makes any sense.

I have the red Passport too, and this one is perfect. It has that same type of keyboard as the one BlackBerry sent me with the beat up back. The keys are a little stiffer but not like hard to press. It's hard to explain, but it was noticeably different than the soft mushy keyboard with the double typing issue.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 12:29 AM
    But what about the fact that my original box and the serial number printed on it will no longer match the handset I have?

Not too good when I try and sell the phone after

Posted via CB10
    That's true.

But some people don't include the box at all. And honestly, if I were buying a used phone, I'd care more about the quality of the phone and whether it's in good condition, and not so much that the box has the same PIN number as the device.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 12:32 AM
    Yeah, the keyboard had a totally different feel than the ones that have had the double typing issue. The new one was stiffer and the keys weren't as mushy, if that makes any sense.

I have the red Passport too, and this one is perfect. It has that same type of keyboard as the one BlackBerry sent me with the beat up back. The keys are a little stiffer but not like hard to press. It's hard to explain, but it was noticeably different than the soft mushy keyboard with the double typing issue.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the info.

Yeah after reading your description of the mushy keys I think I understand what you are saying. Mushy like a kids wiggly tooth I'm guessing.

Well I'm thinking I'm going to have to go for this replacement thing and hope they don't send me a beat up referb.

Perhaps I'll call them and follow up with a written message to document in advance.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 12:57 AM
    im experiencing problem with my P9983 too. it has been almost a month and yet no updates even.... =((
    Wow. Double typing or something else?

Posted via Q10Bold
    05-12-15 12:58 AM
    Good luck... may the force be with you...

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 12:59 AM
    This is only from personal experience, yours maybe different. I returned my white Passport due to 'over heating' and 'double typing' issues. When I received the replacement, it's not only having 'over heating' and 'double typing' issues but as well as 'screen flickering'...

It's more than 40 days now since I purchased the unit and still haven't used what I paid for. Instead, I'm spending more time and additional cost for follow-up. I'm still waiting for the second replacement. If this replacement will have issues too, a second Passport is probably not for me (us)...

Again, this is from personal experience... yours maybe different...

Posted via CB10
    And Blackberry wonder why users are switching to Iphone or Droid?

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 02:03 AM
    Good luck... may the force be with you...

Posted via CB10
    Or let's be brutally honest with BlackBerry track record for after sales service the swaying should be more like..

'may the FARCE be with you'

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 02:04 AM
    If they had assembled the Passport with screws, at least the more enterprising of us could have taken them apart and fixed them ourselves with parts from other passports. As it is, they have created this mess of customer service. Samsung and Apple must be enjoying the shambles of it!

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 02:09 AM