Can those who have taken their phone apart confirm if the battery resides at or near the top right hand corner?

When using the phone of lengthy periods or if watching video, the phone gets quite warm at the top right corner.

Coincidentally, that is where my screen glass is lifting as well. I don't have a gap yet.... and I hope I won't but thru visual inspection at an angle, the screen has lifted about a the thickness of an oem BlackBerry screensaver.

I can visually see the difference when you press down on the glass.

Can those whose screens have lifted well beyond this to have gaping cracks start with these conditions?

I'm in a suit most days and the phone is placed in my inside coat pocket when not in use.

thanks,

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 10:16 AM
    From the disassembly video of the Passport that was featured on this site a while ago, the battery was near the middle from what I remember.
    12-24-14 10:20 AM
    It's not the battery, it's the processor. The battery actually takes up the vast majority of the interior of the phone. Unfortunately the processor and GPU do get quite hot, and although this heat is meant to be dissipated by the metal frame, it often seems to overwhelm it. Sorry to hear that this may have damaged your screen. The only thing you can do really is look at your CPU history in device manager and try to reduce the workload on the device which is causing it to overheat in the first place. Certainly worth raising a support ticket over, too.
    AshokGov likes this.
    12-24-14 10:21 AM
    Ok thanks.

Not saying the phone is too hot to touch but it surely gets noticeably warm.

My Z30 gets hot too but unlike the beautiful phone, it seems to be built slightly better.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 10:27 AM
    I notice the warmth is caused by using Android apps and excessively. I haven't seen any native BB app causing warmth in the back of the phone.

As an ex-Android user, all the intensive Android apps cause the phones to over heat because they are not optimized to work with the hardware. Hence the reason why people say Android are fragmented.
    12-24-14 02:33 PM
    Disassemble video:

12-24-14 02:51 PM
    Try a long phone call, and feel it when the frame accidentally touch your ear lobes. Lol, it will be fun.
    This thing has a metal plate inside which conducting heat so efficiently to the frame, while the frame is also a good heat conducting metal. All the right condition for the overly heated up top right corner.

Posted from my Passport
    12-25-14 03:58 AM
    Yeah it is very uncomfortable for us to answer and making call because the Passport is hot on the ear.

Posted via My Seay and Bold Passport CB10
    12-25-14 07:47 AM
    I've taken mine apart to get it gold plated. The battery is in the middle of the phone. Actually. To the side in the middle.
    Phone heat: top right corner-img_20141223_185136.jpg

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 08:26 AM
    Then why does the phone get hot at the top right when I charge it?

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 03:26 PM